• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' is coming back!

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Right, gonna watch S6 today. :awesome:

Sooo, which plotlines aren't gonna be wrapped up? :monster:

I already know about Ahsoka in Rebels so that's one thing I don't need to be too bummed out about.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Finished watching this, I have. :awesomonster:

I like how they addressed one of the plot holes from AOTC - the fact that Obi-Wan does this whole investigation thing and finds out a whole bunch of stuff and then the whole thing is simply dropped. "Oh, Sifo-Dyas ordered an army for us even though he was dead at the time? Suspi- nevermind, we have an army now, let's fuck shit up and not worry about this :awesome: "

Although it is weird how they do know now for certain that Dooku was the one who did it. Now it makes even less sense for them to just go along with everything. :wacky:

There were quite a few episodes that seemed like a giant tease. As if the Jedi were finally about to uncover the conspiracy and then you remember they won't. =(

I liked the final arc as well. Makes the whole thing with Yoda having learned how to be a Force ghost from Qui-Gon in EpIII come not so much out of nowhere.

I wonder what they would have done with Ahsoka if it wasn't for the cancelation. Her entire life was at the temple - where does she even go from there, with no money and no home in an enormous city like Coruscant? =p

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Darth Maul's story is another one that got left in limbo at the cutoff that had me really excited, and I hope that we can get to see little hints about in the future. Seeing his direct confrontation with Sidious was easily one of my favourite moments of the series. I'm really hoping that Rebels will take a chance to expand to little side stories away from the primary cast once it gets going, because (although never explicitly stated) the whole thing with Maul happened in Clone Wars because EVERYONE wants Old Wounds to be canon, and Rebels happens to be roughly in the right time frame to potentially show that happen.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
They did, and I've read it - but it's Dark Horse, so it's also pre-Marvel canon reset, and I don't know if it tags along with The Clone Wars, but it's relatively inconsequential whether or not it does. If I recall correctly, he escapes captivity, and Sidious & Dooku kill Talzin (who is his ACTUAL mother as well), and he lives to fight another day.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
Return to the Jedi
This arc would have had Ahsoka return to the Jedi to investigate the depths of the Jedi Temple, where deep below there exists a long buried Sith Temple powerful in the Dark Side. Sidious would have attempted to get through into the holocron vault, but Ahsoka would have held him back through the door as seen in the art.
Here is the art we have for the episodes.

Yuuzhan Vong Arc
Very little is known about this arc. It would have been an alien abduction in the style of X-Files with a scout ship trying to asses the strength of the Republic, and per George's request the Yuuzhan Vong would not have been immune to the Force.
Here is the art we have for the episodes.

Wow these, and the rest sounded great. Ontop of Revan almost making it, the Yuuzhan Vong would've had their much much earlier appearance than in Legends.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
OH MY FUCKING GODS, YES. I remember the story that he wanted to tell here, and we got little bits of it in the Ahsoka novel, but to SEE it. This is gonna be EVERYTHING.

(Also, merged with the previous Clone Wars thread)

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
But this means there's not a lot of story left to tell for the in-between EPII & EPIII time period (I don't remember if there were a lot of plot threads left unresolved before the cancellation)? They can only stretch this time period for so long.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
There were VERY specific stories that Dave Filoni had planned out that he never got to do. They actually covered them in a panel during celebration two years ago. The whole thing is really worth watching, but jump to ~26:42 if you wanna really dive in to the meat of what we're looking at seeing.

Even the Ahsoka Helmets that half of the 501st had are in the poster.
OH MY GADZ
vq8bze4sctmwae6n0w9e.jpg

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Holy shit, @trash panda – The Siege of Mandalore in the new season has the biggest lightsaber fight that they've done in the whole serues. Since Dave never got to do Vader Vs. Maul, and that the Obi-Wan Vs. Maul was their pivotal samurai standoff... Ahsoka Vs. Maul is their massive finale battle... AND they had Ray Park literally do the motion capture for Maul's combat, rather than just have the animators do it themselves.

I AM GOING TO DIE OF EXCITEMENT AND HAPPINESS.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Here's a timestamp to all the stuff about Maul specifically @trash panda where Sam teases something REALLY nuts, and Dave talks about Ray Park doing the motion capture for the fight with Ahsoka. (The whole panel is very much worth watching from start to finish if you can).

Also, here's the stream-ripped version of the trailer, since the official upload isn't up yet:

Top Bottom