• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Star Wars / Vader / Leia / etc. [Marvel]

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, the first Marvel Star Wars comic came out, and it's FUCKING. AWESOME. Like, it's everything Star Wars that you could possibly hope it would be. It takes place between Episodes IV & V, and oh my science. I love it.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Star Wars #2 & Darth Vader #1 are both absolutely amazing.

You owe it to yourself to check them out.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Darth Vader #2 was pretty good. I'm curious how it'll play out with the current elements between now and the events of Empire Strikes back. I'm wondering about rewatching the films again after some of the arcs have developed and see how they feel.

Also, I'm just lumping in the Solo titles into this thread for now. If needed, I can split them off.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I think that will work fine. I've been doing that with the announced "Secret Wars" tie-ins, but later on I'll probably make individual threads and use the original thread for discussing the main mini-serieis.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Leia was decent. Still good, but not nearly as good as the other two, though I can't quite put my finger on why right off the bat.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
1162478365528950629.jpg

http://io9.com/marvels-first-star-wars-comic-event-reveals-what-came-a-1691380066

I'm fucking stoked!

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Just read Star Wars #1 and 2. Good stuff so far, like the art as well. Only thing that bothers me is that I read through comics so quickly and then I'm just left wanting more. =<

I don't know how I feel about Luke confronting Vader before Empire.

That said, Vader was a boss.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Just read Star Wars #1 and 2. Good stuff so far, like the art as well. Only thing that bothers me is that I read through comics so quickly and then I'm just left wanting more. =<

I don't know how I feel about Luke confronting Vader before Empire.

That said, Vader was a boss.

I feel the same way, but I think giving Vader some detective work to do to figure put who the fuck Luke is, given the content of Episode III and him not knowing that he had a son before the revelation during Episode V, I think that they can make it work. I plan on rewatching the films to see how it changes the tone in a positive or negative way.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Vader #4 was rad, and I CANNOT WAIT for 5. Vader's back to being absolutely terrifying.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Leia is still very, "meh" for me. I just can't get into it.

On the other hand, Star Wars and Vader both happen at the same time this week and HOLY SHIT. They have probably the best Star Wars moment ever, and while both issues show it, Vader's is vastly more exceptional in its presentation (and I posted it to my tumblr).

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Just gonna throw this out here: These comics are still awesome -- and Shattered Empire started today, and it is gonna be goooooooooooooood.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Lando ended its 5 issue run, and it was the best short run and one of the best character stories yet. Bar none.

Shattered Empire continues to be fucking amazing and this issue is everything I wanted Princess Leia to be, but it wasn't.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I'm trying to get my hands on Vader Vol. 1 & Vader Vol. 2 this weekend. ^_^
While reading reviews for the comic, I saw a mention of a
Padme flashback
and I screamed very loudly (internally, since I don't actually scream out loud).

Actually, switching to spoiler mode hurr...

Since I mentioned my excitement over seeing Padme in the comics, I have to clarify...I wasn't too fond of Padme's character in the prequels and I was mostly invested in the whole Anakin's fall to the dark side aspect of their relationship. I mean, a large part of his drifting was caused by his fear of loss (of Padme), but he was also being used by all of the people he thought he was supposed to be trusting in, namely Palpatine and the Jedi council. Not only that, his wife was hiding senate secrets from him that she couldn't share on account of, idk, senate non-disclosure or something, which I'm sure he felt betrayed by as well.

While I like all of this political pressure being the culmination of his aggression, I am very excited to see all of the juicy details that were whirling around his head, not only after episode IV but also during his travels and training with Obi-Wan in the new Anakin/Obi-Wan comic. Anakin just seems so much more strong minded than that. I can see how being put on the spot and used as a pawn by two different trusted companions would/could be the cause of mental breakdown, but I am much excited to learn whether or not Anakin had reservations about the Jedi Council's motives during his earlier years as a Padawan.

I also want to know what sort of internal conflict he faced when he learned that Palpatine lied to him about Padme's fate/the fate of his child/children. I ALSO ALSO ALSO want to know if Palpatine actually had a hand in Padme's death, since he claimed to know the secrets of Darth Plagueis (influencing midichlorians to control life/death) or if Palpatine was lying about knowing that much. I would be stoked/sad to find out that Palpatine somehow took Padme's life to save Anakin's after he was wounded on Mustafar.
:D

Okay rambling over. :D

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I'm not sure how much you'll get of the rest of what you're looking for, but I can definitively say that the first sentence of your third spoiler paragraph is gonna be Darth Vader Issue #6, that also crosses over with the same issue of the Star Wars comic. It's pretty brilliantly done, and I happen to've posted that bit on tumblr when it came out to gush about it and got to hear from Kieron Gillen (the writer) as a result. The post has something like 50,000 notes on it now, because it really is just that good.

I can't wait to see what you think.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
^ I just looked at your Tumblr post. Glad I did because I was trying to find the complete scene online and I was only finding bits and pieces of it. :lol: I don't mind spoiling everything for myself; I'm mostly interested in seeing the comics for the artwork. I get a kick out of just knowing the story. :D

Wait, Gillen contacted you, or did he post on your Tumblr? What did he say??? :excited:

I'm actually going to go ahead and try to get as many of these new Marvel comics as possible since they all look good. I just...I think I cba with Leia. She's always been semi boring to me, I guess because
she had the potential to be a Jedi but decided to be all smoochy with Solo instead
. Blegh. :lol:

Hopefully this/these series' will fill in some gaps and help us to speculate what's going to take place in episodes VIII & IX via foreshadowing? I spent a while trying to wrap my head around who Rey's parents are but at this point I just cba because I found her to be a totally repulsive main character and at the end of the day, I realized...I don't care who her parents are. :monster: I might be arsed to care if the comics give me reason to be. :D

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Journey to the Force Awakens has one about Poe's parents and there'll be one about Poe soon, but for the most part they're sticking to IV-V for the main comics, III-IV for Kanan/Rebels, but Obi-Wan & Anakin is I-II.

Also, he reblogged/commented on it at one point, and I said a thing about it. TBH that post has drowned out everything on my tumblr ever since I posted it. xd

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I'm such a dweeb. I asked Mr. Howl to get this for me, you know...illegitimately while I wait to get my hands on the original copies. So, I read all the way through Vader and Skywalker Strikes / Showdown on Smuggler Moon...and I never saw the Padme scene! I kept flipping around through all the pages, looked up the exact page number on Google, looked through it all twice...

....I wasn't reading Vader Vol.1, I was reading Vader and the Ghost Prison or some such by Dark Horse. AAAAAAAH! I was literally so excited to stick my nose in this that I didn't even look at the front cover OR the title of the file. Now, the Ghost Prison comic was very good, IMO but wow, what a fuck up. :monster:

I can't recall if it was from Skywalker Strikes or Smuggler's Moon (I think it was the latter) because I read this while trying to keep my eyes pried open last night, but I LOVED the scene where
Leia kicks Han in the butt
. :D

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Barnes & Noble has ALL of these for $66.

+ Kanan Vol 1
+ Vader Vol 1
+ Vader Vol 2
+ Star Wars Vol 1
+ Star Wars Vol 2

Which is like $2 and some change per issue. I'm sort of so cheap that I want to pick all of these off ebay individually but I cba, really. :lol:

*breaks open piggy bank*

Top Bottom