Stop Animation

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
These bastards got it wrong!!! Sephiroth is left-handed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:monster: No seriously, I saw this the other day (the extended version) and I was really amazed. And amused that Aerith can keep up with Sephiroth and Cloud in a sword fight. Also, these people are brave, cause even I won't touch my play arts that much out of fear that something might suddenly break off.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Okay, that was pretty awesome.

And for some reason I started laughing when
it abruptly switched to Aerith's Theme and she died.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It's okay, I laughed, too. :)

But thanks, BloodyCloud, for bringing this to our attention. That was pretty awesome. :)

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I'll tell you what, this is bloody awesome! Can you imagine the amount of time and effort that must have gone into this? Holy hell. I tip my hat to the people that made this, they have got my respect.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Actually, I don't know about you guys, but the way this fight flowed, and to some extent even the choreagraphy is kinda what I hoped the ACC battle would be, mins Aerith of course. This fight so perfectly blends Sephiroth's supernatural and magical abilities with his physiocal ones, and in a badass way.

For example
When Cloud kicks Sephiroth knocking him back, and Sephiroth throws his arms out and stops midair just before unleashing destructive magic on Cloud. Or the part when Cloud hurls a blade beam and Sephiroth just conjures a barrier which eaisly stops the attack.

Gave Cloud a proper moment of badass as well in the way he beat Sephiroth. The sword lock when all the other swords pop up and surround Sephiroh, and Sephiroth is all like "Oh shit!" That was awesome.

Seriously guys, if this fight was recreated in ACC level CGI and put in an FFVII location I could see it as my favourite FFVII fight scene.

Ghost X

Yeah, certainly better than the last battle in ACC (not hard to achieve, mind you), even with the little Aeris addition.

BloodyCloud

Lurker
It's okay, I laughed, too. :)

But thanks, BloodyCloud, for bringing this to our attention. That was pretty awesome. :)

No problem. And you're welcome to everyone else who thanked. :joy:

But I have to say I do admire the time and dedication it took to make this animation. It's really difficult to do stop animation and about eight minutes of it! I wonder if they/he/she used a regular camera...but I do agree about the choreographed fight scene. It was fast paced and kept me interested the whole time. There was some CG in there, but it blended well with the stop animation. It would be nice if this was fully computer animated with the graphics of ACC.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Yeah, certainly better than the last battle in ACC (not hard to achieve, mind you), even with the little Aeris addition.

Eh, not that easy to achieve. The ACC fight is more or less the comps best fight scene so far. Still, something more like this would have been interesting. Maybe replace Aerith's role with Tifa and incorporate the fusion sword, and boom, replacement ACC final battle has arrived!

Ghost X

It's called an opinion :monster:. Fact is, the final battle in ACC did nothing for me. It was an anti-climax. I was more excited by the action in the rest of the film. Nothing anyone says is going to change this for me, unfortunately =p.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
That was so cool :)
I loved Sephiroth being a badass bitch. Aeris stabbing scene and the twitchign! This is what the remake should do. None of that bloodless crap

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Awesome Final Fantasy VII stop motion film

Has this been posted? This shit is hilarious.

Top Bottom