• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
So it's "we get a completely new game that barrows creative assets from an old game it has absolutely nothing to do with" (for the sake of marketing purposes)?

Like... it almost makes it worse. Why not make up a whole new IP if you're going to do something like that. Don't make it really confusing what Chaos villian is being talked about. It just feels really, really lazy and unorriginal on the creative development side.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

This is S-E's answer to 8-Bit Theatre.

It all makes sense now.

The names, Jack's personality, the way he fights, the memeing of Chaos. It all makes fucking sense now.

Jack is Fighter McWarrior. That's why he looks like a fucking angry bro fighter dude.

There's gonna be a weapon called "sword-chucks." Watch. :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
This is the best bad game S-E has ever done.

I swear, all it needs is Jack equipped with some Sword Chucks and we're off. Fucking do it, Square.

Make the perfect meme singularity. A mid-2000s time loop to now that sustains this game's narm with a neverending loop of hilarious cringe.

This is the will of Crystals. Fulfill your Focus, Square. Obey it.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody

I swear, all it needs is Jack equipped with some Sword Chucks and we're off. Fucking do it, Square.

Make the perfect meme singularity. A mid-2000s time loop to now that sustains this game's narm with a neverending loop of hilarious cringe.

What about the Armoire of Invincibility?

rkss

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Me
I'm more excited for this game than 7r part2...
From the demo, this is not a soul-clone like people claimed. More like combination of nioh 2, Sekiro and Ys with jobs and party members. Speaking of which, not sure why Donald and Goofy are in this game. They do absolutely nothing...

Overall I can see a core of very good game but Team Ninja can't ship it with current state. Graphic & loot system are a mess

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

This.

This game is basically a 17 year old emo kid who's had their first beer.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
SQ posted the complete Famitsu interview translated:

https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/stranger-of-paradise-final-fantasy-origin-famitsu-interview

Funny, I looked into the original meaning of those names, and they all seem to have religious connotations (e.g. Jed is from a Hebrew name meaning Friend of God).

This world being alluded to Paradise makes me think that Jack and co. might have died in the real world and this is their afterlife experience.

A stranger in a new world was also Mobius FF premise, which was also written by Nojima and heavily influenced by FFI elements (including Chaos and prophecies). I guess we can expect some crazy plot twists, for sure.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
can you add the demo to your psn library and download it at a later date

because i don't have a ps5 and their great idea was to make that the only demo, and i don't know if i will get one while this demo is still up
i was right about not getting a ps5 in time, but now i have one i downloaded the demo to try and it just gives you a message saying the playable period is over

what kind of big brain thinking went into that decision

just let me play your janky game

Top Bottom