Street Fighter V

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
lN2TE5C.jpg
62OKRIx.jpg

It looks like Capcom has took the lid of the new Street Fighter game a bit too early, as the publisher accidentally posted a teaser trailer announcing Street Fighter 5 as a PS4 and PC exclusive.

Video and moar screen grabs here

Looks like how Tekken X Capcom was going to be

EDIT: I'm off the mark today. Can somebody move this to Gaming please?

Last edited:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I will be all over this if they finally bring back Skullomania. He came from the polygon era, they have no excuse.

Last edited:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
So yeah full trailer

ABNORMALLY LARGE HANDS AND FEET CONTINUES

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
It's a little unsatisfying to have a traditionally multiplatform franchise go console exclusive but I won't complain too much when the PC option is there.

I enjoyed Street Fighter IV but I didn't get hugely into it (I'm more of a Tekken and now Persona guy and the amount of precision that SFIV demands of me isn't something I dig), and V looks like more of the same. Definitely will check out at some point though.

Ghost X

I've looked at some analysis of the trailer, and it looks like they've added some kind of block-breaking technique, which has appeared previously in the franchise (though different to FFIV's focus). There is also moves to lift the enemy up into the air (for lack of better terminology) for the purpose of combos, and the whole scene expansion thing (eg: kicking an opponent into another area), which are staples of other franchises. Nothing that satisfies me. Not that I'm a fighting game fanatic or anything :P.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I don't think there were typically a lot of launchers in SFIV so that is a fair difference, especially for a shoto like Ryu. Most of the differences and big changes will be outwardly difficult to notice for those not as well-blooded in FGs :monster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I guess Microsoft spent all their lunch money on Dead Rising, as far as Capcom titles go.

So how many of you are gonna be picking this up? I've already prordered and gotten into a couple betas. I'm most likely gonna main Birdie, which is weird since basically everything about him is the opposite of who I'd normally play.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I preordered the day after Christmas. I'll be maining Ken, most likely Ryu, and probably Chun Li and Cammy. When he becomes available, I'll probably pick up Mike Bison (known as Balrog in the US...I use the Japanese names mainly because of the boxer)

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I managed to squeeze in a few matches in the beta (while I could actually figure out when the beta was available on Steam). It feels much more educational and less of a wall of difficulty than what Street Fighter IV was like - each match I play feels like I'm learning on my own, which is more than can be said for a lot of fighting games (including SFIV)

For me it's back to basics: Ryu is a great starting point for me to freshen up on the real fundamentals of fighters. Spacing, footsies, mix-ups and cross-ups are my number one focus on unlearning my bad habits, and I think maining Ryu for a while will be the best way to do that. Re: one of my earlier posts, inputs feel a lot more forgiving. I'm glad execution precision and difficulty is being lightened up in favour of the actual mind games and planning, which is really the more interesting half of fighters.
That said, I'm hoping they implement a proper fundamentals tutorial since any fighting game worth its salt these days (since Skullgirls) has made an effort to fit one in.

It also looks much, much nicer.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
If you run into any Rage Quitters in SF5, please record your fight, upload it to YouTube, and Post your YouTube link in the Comments section of this page. While Capcom is still working on a permanent solution to Rage Quitting, they will start punishing offenders by the end of this week. Needless to say, this only encouraged me to hunt down Rage Quitters and expose them for the world to see. Last night, I busted JustDavid. Take a look.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Awesome. Now pathological shitheads like LowTi3rGod and DarksydePhil can't be complete shitheads.

edit:

Well now that im on the subject i may as well post up some classics

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
The only problem I have with SFV so far is that there's a complete lack of teaching tools about fundamentals, which is basically a completely unacceptable state of the game since Skullgirls was a thing and more and more lesser-known games are doing better

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
PC performance so far still kind of sub-par - netcode shits out on occasion and I get consistent CTD every like, 10 minutes

Sigh

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Guile has been revealed as the next DLC character. In addition, his Classic AFB Stage will be available for 70,000 FM as well. Guile has been a proven fan favorite since his debut, so I assume sales will be high. I'm just waiting on Iron Mike Bison (known in the US as Balrog).

Also, Rage Quitters will begin to be punished by being temporarily locked out of matchmaking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom