Suggest some scary, suspenseful, and/or creepy song's for my friends NHSEE experiment

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I have a friend in my Chemistry class who's experiment involves using music of this sort, and I've been suggesting some songs for him(I've already suggested Bach's "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor", Pokemon's "Lavender Town" and "Pokemon Tower", and FFIX's "The Final Battle"), and I want to hear some suggestions from you for what I should suggest to him as well.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
X-Files theme, You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet from FFVII, Abandoned Pit and Door of Holy Spirits from the Symphony of the Night Soundtrack.

I also find the music that plays in Red Dead Redemption when you're tooterin' around Tall Trees at night quite eerie, but as far as I know it's not on the soundtrack in the same way it's used in the game

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
The Crazy Bus theme tune. It is the sound of madness.itself.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho

Probably my favourite creepy game music of all time. BoF IV has a few dark tracks but this one stands out since it takes me right back to that part of the game. Also this one (it's been a while since I played the game but I think this is from the final dungeon/area):

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I found the music from the Shinra Mansion quite creepy. Maybe just me?

Ooh ooh, My Ruin - Beware of God (Speak and Destroy album). :monster:

Kev mentioned the X Files theme, I'm gonna expand on that with Mark Snow in general. He has a knack for making spine-chilling themes.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Suicide - Frankie Teardrop

It's already creepily brooding and unsettling but when that 'part' comes up and you weren't ready for it, it's a real heartstopper.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Oh hell, how has no-one mentioned Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells? The whole album is great BTW, good atmospheric stuff.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Cool album, far from creepy though. The grunts part is quite silly.

I's say early The Residents is quite creepy music, besides being weird as fuck. As for some of their songs? I'd say Sinister Exaggerator, Infant Tango, Ships'a' Going Down, The Festival Of Death or Hello Sknny.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Methinks the problem with Tubular Bells and the X-Files theme and stuff like that is that they're so well recognised in pop culture now that the creepiness aspect is kinda dulled a bit. Still creepy as hell, but there's also an element of "Oooh that song!"

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Thanks for the suggestions so far guys. Btw, he apparently also needs calming music, so if you guys could suggest calming songs too that'd be great.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Lujon by Henry Mancini

An Ending (Ascent) by Brian Eno

Clowns by Goldfrapp

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Calming, hmm, how does one calm? :monster:

Maybe something ambient by
? Or if you like something moar gloomy and depressing,
. For kicks, :monster:.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
What if you find creepy songs such as Lavender Town soothing in and of themselves though? :wacky:

Top Bottom