• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

suggestion: drawing challenges?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
so there's a youtube channel called drawfee

https://www.youtube.com/user/Drawfee

the gist is that a group of artists have a prompt or challenge and they have to make a drawing based on that. some of the previous videos have been stuff like drawing disney characters as dark souls bosses:

drawing characters they've not seen based solely on a description, such as enemies from bayonetta:

making characters from random shapes:

and so on.

and i started thinking, that sounds fun and what if it were a thread on this internet forum instead. like every month or two weeks or so (so it's a nice relaxed period to be give people chance to take part), there will be a new theme or prompt. but if you want to do past ones that's cool too, it'd be a very relaxed and chill thread that's just about making stuff and not about trying to make the most perfect or technically skilled illustrations. it can be serious or jokey, whatever you feel like. the main idea is to make something.

as for themes, idk if a good place to start would be ff-themed challenges? i don't know if the 'blind' style challenges work in a format where you can easily google stuff and also there's a good chance of people knowing what these things look like. but maybe like 'design a summon/monster based on this mythological creature (or something silly)' or 'a character from a different franchise as a ff character'

anyway that's my suggestion.

SeaDragon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sjödraken
I'm in! If it helps, I gladly offer as an help for ideas of weekly (or monthly?) challenges. TLS is full of creative people so it would be great to see how the various themes would be interpreted (and I would draw more :monster:).

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
yay :sadpanda:

if anyone has any suggestions for prompts/themes, that's more than welcome because i am not great at it. i was thinking two a month (updated every two weeks so there's plenty of time for people to get something done), one ff-themed and maybe one open/general? as entertaining as i found the 'draw a character you've never seen based only on someone's description' videos, i think those seem like it'd be more fun in a live setting interacting with other people so i'm sorry, you won't make the cut, prompt.

my list is short but so far it's stuff like this (some of which is just the ones i mentioned before):

- design a new summon based on ______ (fill in the blank)
- design a new enemy
- character from one game in the style of another (say ffvii character in the style of ffiv, or ffvii character in the style of the last game you played)
- draw a character solely from memory (this is a prompt/challenge you see around sometimes, you could easily just google them and cheat but i think the fun is seeing the differences and how far it is from the original)
- draw in a medium you don't normally use (maybe not the best since if it involves having to procure extra stuff and the idea is that it's easy to take part)
- draw in a style you don't normally use
- draw based on a keyword or theme (i'm using 'draw' in these as a general term)
- free choice (draw whatever you want, which kind of betrays the purpose of prompts if you think about it)

a_apple

Pro Adventurer
AKA
orange
yay :sadpanda:

if anyone has any suggestions for prompts/themes, that's more than welcome because i am not great at it. i was thinking two a month (updated every two weeks so there's plenty of time for people to get something done), one ff-themed and maybe one open/general? as entertaining as i found the 'draw a character you've never seen based only on someone's description' videos, i think those seem like it'd be more fun in a live setting interacting with other people so i'm sorry, you won't make the cut, prompt.

my list is short but so far it's stuff like this (some of which is just the ones i mentioned before):

- design a new summon based on ______ (fill in the blank)
- design a new enemy
- character from one game in the style of another (say ffvii character in the style of ffiv, or ffvii character in the style of the last game you played)
- draw a character solely from memory (this is a prompt/challenge you see around sometimes, you could easily just google them and cheat but i think the fun is seeing the differences and how far it is from the original)
- draw in a medium you don't normally use (maybe not the best since if it involves having to procure extra stuff and the idea is that it's easy to take part)
- draw in a style you don't normally use
- draw based on a keyword or theme (i'm using 'draw' in these as a general term)
- free choice (draw whatever you want, which kind of betrays the purpose of prompts if you think about it)
These are really good! I'm in <3

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Has anyone ever seen those websites that generate prompts for writing? I’m sure I have seen drawing ones, and I thought something like having a brief to work from that each person interprets might be fun. But I hadn’t had a great internet connection today so I haven’t been able to look at many. The most comprehensive I found was conceptarts.com?.net? but it also had a bunch of pop ups about memberships which is a bit of a pain.

Anyways for the first one I was thinking ‘draw a new summon creature for the ff7 remake’ (original design, based on something, a reimagining of one from a different game). Anyone have comments/other suggestions/please pick the next one for me oh lord the pressure

I feel like I keep pushing that one prompt and it probably comes across like I’ve got an idea all planned out but I actually have no clue at all what to do, lol

SeaDragon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sjödraken
Two weeks it's a perfect timing and a new summon as first prompt it's quite challenging. I'm in! when do we start? :thumbmonster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
might as well start it today (in future posting the update on friday to start on saturday might be best just so it's nice and ready for the weekend). i should go write up a post now.

to add something different so it's not just like monsters and people (there hasn't even been one yet what am i talking about), i thought for the next one an environmental challenge. like 'make a new area for the ffvii remake' to keep with the ffvii theme, or something more general and save another ffvii/remake related one for later. i kept thinking 'design a mountain temple' and i realise that i'm just thinking of ffxii's bur-omisace so i would have to come up with something else if that one gets picked

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i can't remember what i was watching but i saw something and though, design an airship? (any kind: fantasy, steampunk, futuristic)

Top Bottom