• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Super Smash Bros.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
wii fit trainer. mega man. the villager. this is what dreams are made of. it's beautiful. please talk about this with me i can't contain myself.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I've never played megaman before so I don't really have an opinion on that, but I'm really curious as to what playing as the Villager will be like. I also REALLY want Dunsparce to be a player character.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
the villager looks like a troll character i have a feeling he's going to be like kirby 2.0 where he's this adorable looking thing that fucks you up real hard

kirby used to make me so angry

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Rockman looks so damn adorable in that trailer. I'm so glad he made it in. He looks awesome.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm very pleased with the inclusion of Mega Man. I've never really been much for any of the mega man games but I love him as a character and think he fits in right at home with the super smash lot.

Still waiting to see what Fire Emblem characters make it into this. It's no doubt Marth will make it in but back in the day I was a hardcore Roy player. Was sad to see him gone but it made sense I guess.

Anybody else interested see which other pokemon will join Pikachu this time in being playable? :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
New ultimate want: A kingdom hearts character in Super Smash. There's been plenty of KH games on Nintendo consoles so it's not just a pipe dream!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i haven't play any other smash bros game ever but i am tempted by the villager and wii fit trainer

despite having never played any animal crossing or wii fit title ever

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
TORUNAYDOBONGO
TORUNAYDOBONGO
TORUNAYDOBONGO

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I think if Nintendo included something from final fantasy, they would do something old school like the warrior or black mage from FFI. Oh the rage that would commence.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
WII FIT TRAINER OP SPEED NERF PLZ :awesome:

But no seriously, SSB's always been great.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I meant in terms of fun factor. It's a party game first and foremost imo and it does what it does well.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
Brawl>Melee.

And I really don't think there should be a FF character in Smash Bros. but if there is it better either be from I-VI or Crystal Chronicles, because those are the ones that have actually been on Nintendo systems. I don't want to see Cloud or Lightning or any other poast-VI shit.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
tbh as a competitive player I do prefer Melee over Brawl, simply because the cast is smaller and thus the actual balance between characters is tighter, but as a game I just want to chill out with friends with, Brawl is just as good for me :monster:

I've heard they want to keep roughly the same amount of characters as there were in the Brawl roster, which unfortunately to me sounds like they'll be cutting some out in order to add the new ones in. I don't think they'd have the space to spare for Final Fantasy characters, unfortunately.

edit:

1371091508128.png

Also, this guy has been in Smashville. Watching their moves. Studying them.

cjb2XJj

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I have the original Smash Bros! And it is one of the best examples of an unbalanced cast... That said, I like several of the original stages better then Meele/Brawl ones...

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Well wouldn't you prefer the original Smash competitively, then? It's got the smallest cast of all.

Also, image is b0rken.

Melee strikes the perfect balance between cast amount and balanced move sets.
Competitively speaking it drew a very distinct line in the sand when it came to low, mid and top tier characters.

Certain frame and animation exploits (wave dash, shine anyone?) also made the meta game very deep and challenging.
When it comes to skill gameplay Melee was very very rewarding.

Brawl pretty much did away with that to make the game much more casual and as a result many of the hardcore comp players left the community to return to other classics as MVC2 or to await for MVC3.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Brawl also got rid of bonuses in single player mode which took a lot of the fun out of replaying that mode... (no more trying for not getting KO'd ever, ending the battle in less then ten seconds, preserving teammates, not spamming one move, KOing with Pokeballs, etc.)

Top Bottom