• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Suspension of Disbelief and Good Fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Seifer Almasy, DanielReturns
Since so many seem to have no grasp of this, I suggest the following place:

http://www.redlettermedia.com/

Watch his reviews on Star Wars and then understand what good fiction is. He makes it very clear why Star Wars prequels failed on nearly every level. Same as AC did. The arguments and understanding he uses will hopefully explain this whole debate for you and at the same time, he is a hilarious reviewer.

Last edited:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
If this guy had structured arguments, he might be worth watching. He does not, so I refuse to watch beyond the six minutes I just wasted on this retard.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
If this guy had structured arguments, he might be worth watching. He does not, so I refuse to watch beyond the six minutes I just wasted on this retard.

He is actually well known, even by a few real movie makers. His reviews and points are among the greatest you can find online, that's why he is among the most recommended.

His reviews are also extremely long, which is why 6 minutes tells me that you weren't gonna give him a chance from the start and are just being smart.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
So basically DLPB taking time out of his busy schedule to attempt to educate the unwashed masses.

heh.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
He is actually well known, even by a few real movie makers. His reviews and points are among the greatest you can find online, that's why he is among the most recommended.

His reviews are also extremely long, which is why 6 minutes tells me that you weren't gonna give him a chance from the start and are just being smart.

It's funny, because you are in the wrong, sir. I genuinely hoped my doubts would be proven wrong and sincerely hoped that this critic would start with a strong opening overview of his argument when really it was a slow drawl of unintelligent blathering. That, and his voice is truly grating--played out or not.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
So basically DLPB taking time out of his busy schedule to attempt to educate the unwashed masses.

heh.

Certainly there are a large number of people here who need educating when they think Hell House really attacked Cloud (like you) :P

It's funny, because you are in the wrong, sir. I genuinely hoped my doubts would be proven wrong and sincerely hoped that this critic would start with a strong opening overview of his argument when really it was a slow drawl of unintelligent blathering. That, and his voice is truly grating--played out or not.

Do you think I thought you or a large number of clique here would actually understand what the guy is saying? I have tried for weeks to educate you and even facts don't seem to work. :P If facts don't work, nothing will.

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
hmmmmma.jpg

This thread is boring.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Certainly there are a large number of people here who need educating when they think Hell House really attacked Cloud (like you) :P

Do you think I thought you or a large number of clique here would actually understand what the guy is saying? I have tried for weeks to educate you and even facts don't seem to work. :P If facts don't work, nothing will.

1294277325593.png

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
I think I know now why you have reached this stage of life so utterly bereft of common sense... it is because you close your eyes and ears to anything you don't like. Oh what a world....

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
You are a broken record who is incapable of accepting any viewpoint other than your own and accuse,berate, and otherwise debase anyone who attempts at debunking your fallacies, and we are the ones who close out the world?

Lol irony.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
The problem is you can't see when 1 argument is stronger than your own. Learn that and quickly. You also ignore facts blatantly and post macros as responses. You then dont like it when you get no respect. That's the only irony here. Most people either get on with life, or lick your arse cause you are a mod. But by now you have realised that I don't have that problem. I am not someone who will just agree to disagree and all that shit.

You are wrong so much, I tell you it. I also don't like how you operate, I think you are far worse than I am, and in fact, the only reason I am being rather blunt today is because I was pushed to it.

You are right that I don't accept your views, a lot of the time that is because they defy logic, common sense or are very poorly backed up. I can't accept something which is based on a total lack of knowledge. Everyone holds views, and if they tell you they respect yours they are lying and you are fooling yourself. No one respects a veiw that is totally opposite to their own.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I don't normally post gifs but
The problem is you can't see when 1 argument is stronger than your own.

zvdboljpg.gif

And Dacon's only a mod in one little area as far as I know.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
The problem is you can't see when 1 argument is stronger than your own. Learn that and quickly. You also ignore facts blatantly and post macros as responses. You then dont like it when you get no respect. That's the only irony here. Most people either get on with life, or lick your arse cause you are a mod. But by now you have realised that I don't have that problem. I am not someone who will just agree to disagree and all that shit.

No sir, the problem is that when presented with well reasoned and evidenced arguments you parrot the same faulty position over and over again without acknowledging the merit of the argument. Then proclaim yourself to be right and insult everyone else.

Saying you are right does not make it so kid. Why someone who is so convinced they are right would even continually post their nonsense over and over again on a board where they seem to believe themselves superior smacks of some kind of cry for attention.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
The reason I am "unpleasant" is because the people I have debated with here have been far worse. Respect is earned not given. I don't actually care. If I treat you nicely, it means I have respect for you. So far, here, that's a small number.

Debate is blunt. I am not a people person.
Saying you are right does not make it so kid. Why someone who is so convinced they are right would even continually post their nonsense over and over again on a board where they seem to believe themselves superior smacks of some kind of cry for attention.
Actually no, that might be how you would operate but not me. You repeat your same nonsense again and again but you dont add anything new. I do. I usually add a new story or source to main debates.

The reason I repeat myself is that it is frustrating that you do not agree with a lot of what I say when it isnt even opinion. Debate what is opinion but dont dismiss facts and solid arguments like they make no sense. That's the problem.

The other reason I repeat them is because it is dangerous to delude yourself about certain subjects, as we found out in WW2. But you are right, I do wonder why I bother. I sometimes think you deserve to be just left in pure ignorance. I have never met so many people on 1 forum who seem to be absolutely clueless about basic things.

I am sorry if that offends you, but it is the truth.

Last edited:

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Well, not in debate. Actually outside of debate I am very different. But in debate, I am not gonna arse lick bullshit or tell you I respect your opinions when they are retarded.

I will make you a deal.... before I have to be banned. I will just stay outside of debates. I will limit myself to 1 comment a day and that way it will be a better atmosphere.

Mostly I will stick to game related things and to retranslation. Obviously, me and people on forums do not mix well. It is best that I just don't bother anyway, it is pointless.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Denial ain't just a river ho ho ho

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
As I said, with people like you, it is pointless.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
More like people like you.

So self absorbed you are incapable of taking in anything other than what you yourself say Mr. Holier than thou. Your very own ignorance outshines anyone else's yet yourself make a point of deliberately declaring how much more valid anything and everything you say is than the rest of us.

If you truly were right the strength of your aguments would outshine any attempt to debunk them, but you have not only failed to do so, but littered your posts with ad hominem, hyperbole, circle jerks, contradiction(I've pointed this out on one occasion in particualr) fallacy, not to mention general disrespect and disdain for the people you claim to want to enlighten. You continue this fruitless quest again and again, I suspect in some failed attempt to boost self esteem by repeatedly declaring yourself better than all of us, but it really is a waste of time attempting to hazard a guess as to what goes on in your warped mind.

I won't lose any sleep over this foolishness, though I am thankful for the number of laughs and thanks your madness has garnered both myself and the rest of the board. I'd respectfully accept warning for this post and any others in this vein, in the sake of fairness(lol).

I bid you adieu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom