• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Suspension of Disbelief and Good Fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
Seifer Almasy, DanielReturns
Like Cloud falling off the sector five plate and living.
He isnt a normal human being, and that isnt 100% impossible. As far as I am aware a normal human like Tifa cannot jump 30 feet in the air.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Actually the action in the Matrix was based on the Japanese genre that Advent Children comes from. Not the other way around.

All of AVALANCHE in ACC are, in game terms, level 99, NONE of them are normal humans.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
NONE of them are normal humans.
You are completely missing the point. They are humans. If you cannot understand why these fight scenes are bad for AC and fiction, then you can't debate with me.

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
He isnt a normal human being, and that isnt 100% impossible. As far as I am aware a normal human like Tifa cannot jump 30 feet in the air.

No can normal humans lift 100-foot monster with their bare hands and slam them to the ground, but Tifa can Meteor Strike the Weapons can't she?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Drake, you fool, you forget that nothing that happened in FF7 actually happened. Keep up, dude.

DLPB said:
then you can't debate with me.

NO ONE CAN DEBATE WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU DON'T FUCKING DEBATE.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
No can normal humans lift 100-foot monster with their bare hands
THAT IS A GAME BATTLE ELEMENT. THAT DOES NOT WORK IN FILM.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad

Cloud using Masamune as a lever to throw Sephiroth several feet through the air at an upward angle into a wall while the Masamune is impaled into his chest.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Normal humans can save the world from a horde of monsters,robots and generally inhuman freaks?

Lawl.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

It's 100% impossible for anyone with a human body to survive that kind of a fall.

Late to the debate here... OK: when Rufus was talking about rebuilding their world, Cloud was hesitating - he was thinking about it - until Reno said "Hey we can rebuild Shinra" or whatever, which is why Rufus and Rude were annoyed with him, because it looked for a moment there like Rufus might just talk Cloud round. And since they all ended up fighting together anyway, if Cloud had taken Rufus up on his suggestion, a lot of innocent people in wooly hats might have been spared. Like all Rufus's ideas (eg the Huge Materia) this was a good one, prevented from coming to fruition because of the grudges people bore.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Suggestion: go rewrite the entire compilation from scratch and remove all plot holes and objectionable material.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will bitch about legitimate issues with the compilation.

Well...except the ltd, but no one takes that seriously.

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
I don't need to rewrite the compilation, it didnt happen. Sephiroth died in VII, so did Rufus, so did Jenova. The story ended.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I don't need to rewrite the compilation, it didnt happen. Sephiroth died in VII, so did Rufus, so did Jenova. The story ended.

dawson_crying.gif

We win, thanks for playing. You're gonna start pulling that bullshit, anything you have to say is instantly worth nothing.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Funny... That sounds like an opinion, and a very blind/baseless one at that.

Because the FACT is that Final Fantasy VII Compilation material WAS released by the official owners of the property, and they DID continue and expand the story of Final Fantasy VII.

X :neo:

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
To start off, i am a HUGE FF7 fan. i think it is the best game of all time with the best story I've ever heard. with that said, i don't know why everyone who loves ff7 could enjoy this movie. i HATED it. the movie is nothing but cheap thrills with amazing CGI effects and ridiculous fight scenes. if you like anime shows like Hellsing and DBZ, you will probably like it... plenty of ludicrous jumping, flying, etc. like another reviewer wrote, it doesn't have to be realistic, but it has to be believable. they just didn't even try to do so.

Now, heres where it gets real bad - the story. I honestly cant understand how if someone liked ff7 for the story you could possibly like FFAC. it was the worst atrocity i could have imagined. i was skeptical when i heard about the movie that they could live up to my expectations on the games amazing storyline, but it was actually far worse than i imagined. the story had almost NOTHING to do with the game, and nothing in the game indicated anything that happened in the movie. that = terrible sequel. it was just basically taking the characters from the game and throwing them in a completely random story.

it was nice to see the characters reanimated in more than 5 polygons, but that to me was really the only positive thing about it. if you are easily taken by pretty effects and and fight scenes, you might like this movie. if you liked ff7 for its storyline, i cant see how you would like this. terrible movie all in all.

From someone else who understands Suspension of disbelief.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
dawson_crying.gif

We win, thanks for playing. You're gonna start pulling that bullshit, anything you have to say is instantly worth nothing.

I thought we had come to this conclusion when he said there was no canon.

Which is just batshit nonsense.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
From someone else who understands Suspension of disbelief.

Isn't suspension of disbelief supposed to mean you are able to set aside preconceptions about what can or cannot be done in real life in order to better enjoy a piece of fiction? Isn't that the excact opposite of what you are doing?

DLPB

Banned Flunky
AKA
AND IT IS ANOTHER FIGHT SCENE PEOPLE.

ANOTHER ONE.

Nothing has happened and I am over 1 hour in. 3 guys are after Jenova cells. There is a disease affecting people from a mad planet.

THAT IS FUCKING IT SO FAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom