Symbolism

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral
For no particular reason other than boredom, I've decided to make a thread dedicated to listing symbolism throughout the compilation.

Here's something I found particularly interesting:

It's thought that "Safer Sephiroth" is supposed to be "Sepher Sephiroth." Sepher, meaning "numbers," would refer to the Hebrew Book of Numbers.

In this book, God tells Moses to give His followers numbers in preparation for the trip back to the Holy Land he promised His people.

In other words:

The Sephiroth clones are "God's people," preparing to march to the Promised Land & unite with Sephiroth.

If this theory is valid, it's one of the most complex & fitting Biblical allusions I've ever seen in pop culture.

Which is yet another thing I find particularly interesting about FFVII.

Neo Bahamut

Omnipotent Jackass
AKA
Lithp, Unholy Quadralateral

Seen the article. It's commonly misquoted. No matter how you look at it, there is a vast amount of Judeo-Christian symbolism in FFVII. And most of that symbolism is very well-structured.

That trope refers to common things that are misconstrued, or poorly done symbolism.

Example of the former in FFVII: Sephiroth frequently raises his hands into the air. This is a general grandoise gesture. It does not reference crucifixion.

[Potential] Example of the latter in FFVII: Genesis's name, despite being a Biblical allusion, just refers to him being the start of Deepground.

Top Bottom