• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

T&A; Tifa and Aerith

youffie

Pro Adventurer
I always loved the idea of Aerith and Tifa being genuine friends, though the game only vaguely implies it and doesn’t really do anything with it. I had this very powerful headcanon that I kept for myself because I always thought it made so much sense, but knew it wasn’t really that supported by the material.

Despite their differences that might make you think they wouldn’t get along, I think they have this fundamental thing in common: they both just get people. So when Tifa looks at Aerith, she doesn’t see a mystical Cetra or a savior that has access to all the answers. And when Aerith looks at Tifa, she doesn’t see this pillar of strength that never, ever gives up. They both see just a broken girl, wishing she had a normal life, but doing her best with the hand she was dealt with. So I believe they can see through each other very easily and they can just let themselves be. A deep understanding that must come with a great deal of mutual respect.

Which is why…

I loved that it is Tifa the one who keeps asking, “What are you not telling us, Aerith?” and I loved even more that when Tifa can’t help but worry about Cloud, Aerith doesn’t try to tell her to be strong or that everything will be alright, she doesn't even try to talk her out of those thoughts. She simply asks, “But how are you, Tifa?”

I lowkey hoped the Remake would develop their friendship in some way, but I never expected it to be this much and so well-done. Very happy with this expansion and feeling oddly vindicated, too. :P

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I always secretly liked Tifa and Aeris together, so I’m really glad to see their chemistry multiplied by 100 in Remake.

Tifa: “I wanna go shopping - topside. Stuff for the bar.”
Aeris: “I wanna come with!”
Tifa: “You’d better.”
Aeris: “Then it’s a date!”
Tifa: “Cloud can carry all of our stuff.”

C’mon, how cute is that?! Hoping there’s more to come.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
FAN ART DUMP INCOMING:

Artist is Jen Bartel. Her Twitter is here: https://twitter.com/heyjenbartel

EWUi-4XXsAIvAcZ

EWEzZiCWsAEtqA_

EWPOZKhXgAEiy_a

I don't think I've ever shipped a ship as much as I ship these two and hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Love those pieces!

(I also love that Tifa's new costume has been wholly embraced by the internet, but Aeris's button-up dress is still the more popular design <3)

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Love those pieces!

(I also love that Tifa's new costume has been wholly embraced by the internet, but Aeris's button-up dress is still the more popular design <3)
Aerith's Remake dress has buttons too though? And the Jen Bartel art definitely looks like Aerith is in her Remake dress.

Master Bates

Do you enjoy your life?
AKA
Mr. Koiwai
I had a dream that I got into a debate about whether or not Tifa was bisexual (I was arguing in favour) and then I had a dream Cloud and Aerith went to the park but another Aerith was already there making out with someone on top of the slide.

Dreams be wilding.

That 'someone' better be Tifa.

Top Bottom