Telltale Games Thread

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Since their games are mentioned here, there and everywhere these days, I figured we may as well have a thread since we don't have individual threads for the games.

I'll kick it off by saying that the third episode of the ongoing Game of Thrones episode was released this week and I'm enjoying what little I've played of it so far (around the 45 minutes to an hour mark). The critics are calling it the most engaging episode yet.

I've got the season pass for both PS3 and PS4 (because I'm just a Telltale fanatic that has to own them all on each console), so I'm trying to do reverse choices to see what happens, as we all know choices matter. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I love Telltale episodic games. They have great stories, characters and the decisions you make matter a lot.

So far from their games I've played:

- Back to the Future: The Game

- The Walking Dead Season 1

- Poker Night 2

- The Wolf Among Us Season 1

- Tales from Borderlands

- Game of Thrones

The best one is definitely "The Walking Dead" Season 1. Have not played season 2 yet mostly because while the first 3 episodes are great, the last 2 are an incoherent mess.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I absolutely adored The Wolf Among Us but I'm fairly sure that I'm enjoying Tales From The Borderlands more. Definitely their best work. The episodes are long, the humour of the Borderlands series is faithful as all hell and a lot of the choice components are fantastic.

I think the last point is particularly important to mention. I know Telltale have had a bit of stick regarding player choices not affecting the ending. The argument most of the time to counter this is that the game offers you multiple paths to the same end, which is very true.
What's fantastic about the Borderlands entry is your choices usually give you an instant pay-off. For example, while playing as Fiona exploration and dialogue can grant you currency. There are multiple opportunities in each episode for where you can spend that money and most of the time you have options depending on how much to spend. At some point in the game you can pay for a cosmetic which can look more badass depending on how much you have to spend.

Aside from that it's graphically beautiful and incredibly dynamic, lots of fast-paced action that also brings you to laughter. Would recommend.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I've played The Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones and both seasons of The Walking Dead so far. I have Tales from the Borderlands, but I'm purposely putting it on hold until I've played through the first two games to familiarise myself with that world. Still heard great things about it, so looking forward to it.

I somewhat agree with Carlie's post about The Walking Dead season 2,
the loss of Lee is still felt. I liked playing as Clementine, but thought the finale was fantastic (although obviously not as great as the first one).

Finished the third episode of Game of Thrones last night and
fan girled like a bitch when I heard Joffrey dying off-screen. I forgot it was coming and made things complicated because I had Mira sign a deal with Tyrion. Thankfully, I got into his room like a boss with Tom and burned the deal. Think I've fucked things for the Forrester family, though. No deal and no support from that woman Rodrik was meant to be betrothed to... whoops.

I've played all the seasons of Walking Dead (including 500 Days), and the Wold Among Us, which was fantastic. For some reason though, I have extremely little interest in playing either Borderlands or Game Of Thrones. I can see Borderlands, since the reason I enjoyed those games wasn't because of the world, the world was pretty meh to me, but I love Game of Thrones. The Telltale way of doing games would be perfect for GoT, so I'm not sure why I dont care if I play it or not.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
The GoT series takes place between seasons 3 and 4, so whilst there are things that already do happen because of the show, your actions and decisions feel like they have actual meaning here (I'm looking at YOU, TWD season 2!).

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I hope I'm done with The Witcher 3 by then or else sorry new episode.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Definitely the best yet, feels like there's so much at stake like there hasn't been already. :monster:

Mira: The best sequences, sadly the shortest. Loved playing this game with the guests.

Rodrik: I found some parts tricky, but didn't expect Whitehill to agree to a trade. Feel like something's going to happen at neutral soil, though.

Asher: The parts about Beskha, while predictable, quite sad. Wasn't really arsed to see minimal Malcolm this episode.

Gared: I ended up bringing Finn along against my every wish not to. It was a bit unexpected meeting Cotter's sister, but the preview for next episode gets me wary.

I'll play this again on PS3 soon for opposite choices, but it's flowing really well. It did feel slightly shorter than the other episodes, though. :(

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
jessica-day-freaks-out.gif

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Looks like the Back to the Future game is heading to PS4 and Xbox One in time for the film's 30th anniversary.

Although the other games produced are far superior to this one, this game was my first introduction to Telltale and I quite enjoyed it, even though I haven't ever watched any of the films. I can feel Carlie mostly glaring at me right now, stream it for me! I think I'll definitely be getting this, as it was a lot of fun and I remember wasting a few days back at my Uni house in early 2012 after Christmas playing this.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
On the topic of Telltale, the really outdid themselves in Episode 4 of Tales From The Borderlands. I don't want to get into spoilers but I'd encourage any Borderlands fan that hasn't already played it to go and do that now.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I finally started playing and recording Tales from the Borderlands this week. I'm fucking loving it so far.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Episode 3's intro had a nod to Ferris Bueller, fangirl squee.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
And episode 4 had by far the best intro.
Catch a ride! :'(
I gotta say this was the most enjoyable Telltale game I've ever played. Objectively I would rank it second after The Walking Dead: Season 1.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
My full playthrough of Game of Thrones.

Ironically while I loved Tales from the Borderlands and I didn't think was going to work wen I first heard about it. Game of Thrones was completely underwhelming for me and I thought it was going to be great when I first heard about it.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Going to be streaming this tonight, will post on my own thread when it's going ahead.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
No surprises here: there's going to be a second season.

I wasn't as impacted as, say, The Wolf Among Us or The Walking Dead's season finales, but I had a lot of questions and not sure if I've made the right choices (as you typically would think in a Telltale game). Also now wondering whereabouts in the show's timeline they're going to slot in the second season.

Top Bottom