• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Tera

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Okay, after checking out some of the class and race descriptions, I'm definitely interested in giving Lancer a go, and then maybe either Slayer or Warrior (if anyone can help me find the class that plays like your typical stealth/rogue class [LIKE THE ROGUE IN DRAGON AGE ;_;], let me know which of those it is please ty!). When I play LoL, I tend to go for dps or mage, but am a decent tank; I'm crap at support and healing so Mystic/Priest is probably not a great idea...

Warrior's are probably your closest to rouge in DAII. And dude compared to zerkers slayers really suck. They don't have as much HP, they're just as slow as zerkers yet instead of blocking you have dodge which makes it really weird. Also iirc zerkers do way more damage.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
From what I remember from my brief time as a zerker, they are way slower than slayers. Granted, I cba to lvl up my zerker, so my knowledge comes from low lvl ones.

Warriors are faster, more maneuverable, can really run around enemies, etc. etc.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Always a magic user. I'd be either Sorcerer, Mystic or Priest end of. Not sure if I am jumping on this yet but will see. If I am then will try to get on the same server as all of you.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

Here's the trailer that first got me interested

Found it earlier

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
people hurry the fuck up and get this game. I need someone to play with. :(

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It's retail only, isn't it?

That's one thing I like about some of the digital-retail hybrids. I can trial it or at least download it before I go about spending a fortune. I have no idea if the specs match up with my laptop. Even if they did, to what I extent I have no idea. I remember playing WoW on my old old one and not being able to see textures :monster:

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
No digital-retail. If I pre-ordered it before the 28th I would've been able to send out some free trial codes but I couldn't get it that week. :(

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Indeed I am and the one i'm playing right now is Cee.K level 2x zerker. I'm pretty noob though lol. xD

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Cool, my main is Seraphitta, a slayer and also high 20s. I have my warrior Ezio though and I just made a healer but those still low lvls.

Haven't had that much time to play lately :(

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I'll add your main. :) Maybe we can do BoL together or something.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Playing my archer now so i'll add you on that too (Shooting.Blanks). :)

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Oooh, that's who shooting blanks is. LOL
Are you in Poporia? I still have stuff to do there, but if u need dps gimme a shout if I'm on.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
On my zerker i'm only up to Celestial Hills and on Archer I like only just got to lumbertown. >.< So yeah i'm a bit far behind you. xD

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
For anyone still interested in this game:

You can now make use of a 7-day free trial on the En Masse website. No payment or cards required. They even allow you to play the game's prologue without even downloading the game (not that I can get that to work for me)

So yeah if you weren't sure about this before, now is a good time to find out.

Link!

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
Just cancelled my sub because i'm not the one paying for it. But I still have a month left so if anyone wants to join me hurry the fuck up. I got my zerker to about 28 iirc.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I don't actually know when this happened but I feel it important to point out that this game became Free-To-Play at some point.

No purchase required you can download the game from their website and play 100% of the content for free.

How did this slip under the radar?!

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Because every MMO that doesn't have a million+ subscribers to sustain itself does this, and going F2P is basically an admission of defeat and failure? :monster:

Interestng fact. All of the best and most fun MMOs are free to play.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yet, they didn't attract nearly as much paying customers before they were free to play (referencing the ones that were originally subscription-based)

DrunkenChi

head over heels
Subscription-based games are never worth it, honestly. There isn't one coherent argument I've ever heard in favor of subscription games. TERA should never have had a subscription anyway. I think the game could have worked under a B2P model, but I'm enjoying it as it is now.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
To be honest, I'd rather have a subscription-based game that lets you do all the things, versus a restricted 'f2p' game that restricts and stifles you and rubs 'BUY THIS POINTLESS THING FOR REAL MONEYZ' in your face all the time.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I still think EVE online has the best model. Subscription-based, with the ability to purchase your subscription with the in-game currency.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Not to mention that the same item has been bought with real money, so the company doesn't actually lose any money off of it. In fact, given there's a big trade in that item in the game, I wouldn't be surprised if they sell more of the subscription items than that are used to get game time.

They've also added a micropayment system in a recent update, where you can buy shit to customize your character if you're so inclined. Which is silly, because all anyone will see (in the current version) of your customizations is a rather small character portrait, :monster:

Top Bottom