• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Terminator: Genisys & New James Cameron Film

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm really glad to hear that. I think that they had a really big impact on the US audience's opinions of the film tbhq.

X :neo:

Dark Nation

Melodramatic much..
Went to the cinema to finally watch Genysis seeing I'm a massive Terminator fan. T-2 basically explains my entire childhood.

Bikes, Guns, Arnie, Guns n Roses , Terminators, Impending doom and a fight for survival done with a little bubble gum attitude.

I don't know how to spoiler wrap my text so I'll just say how I feel.

They ( the makers ) have somehow managed to do the impossible. That is to take a 31 year old like me who grew up watching this stuff and reignite the feels I haven't had in a long time watching a film.

They managed to capture the mood perfectly and once again I was sucked into the plight of humans vs fuckin tin heads. Now my nephew came with me as he's also a massive T fan ,so I'm grateful for the producers and everyone else for allowing me to relive some iconic scenes with a lad who was too young to see it first time around. Hell I was too young as well so it was awesome to live those scenes in the big screen full cinema experience. Awesome.

There isn't a lot I want to say about this film other than I thoroughly enjoyed and thought it was a blast. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or I'm just losing interest with the internet but I've found alot of criticism towards this film needless. I don't understand this culture of kicking anything and everything that comes out of Hollywood. I don't know what some people expect, its a film. You're either along for the ride or you're not.

T-1 9/10
T-2 10/10
T-3 6/10
T-4 7/10
T-5 8/10

Basically if you put T-1/2 & 5 together you have a fucking rocking trilogy.

Next on my list is the new Madmax. Another Icon I grew up watching so it'll be interesting to see how that goes down.

But yeah, if you've a spare couple of hours to burn up hit the cinema and watch some Genysis...2 hours long and I didn't get my normal arse ache from the seats as I was gripped all the way.

Well done to the makers and all... top job.

Dark Nation

Melodramatic much..
I'm way glad to hear that your experience & mine are very similar with this in how we felt about the film. Also how to use spoiler tags can be found here: http://thelifestream.net/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#spoiler

(Also, I think you're gonna LOVE Mad Max)

Thanks man, I was glad they didn't throw in some T-2 stuff like the truck chase or Bike jump like my nephew wanted to see, but being a younger man he's yet to learn that T-2 is perfection therefore needs not be touched or '' rebooted '' So throwing in a lot of T-1 and other stuff was good. Seeing old J.K is like seeing your fav uncle again.

If Max can make me believe it's him versus the world and he's on the edge then I'll be happy.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Thanks man, I was glad they didn't throw in some T-2 stuff like the truck chase or Bike jump like my nephew wanted to see, but being a younger man he's yet to learn that T-2 is perfection therefore needs not be touched or '' rebooted '' So throwing in a lot of T-1 and other stuff was good. Seeing old J.K is like seeing your fav uncle again.

If Max can make me believe it's him versus the world and he's on the edge then I'll be happy.

Having Byung-Hun Lee as the T-1000 was all the T-2 stuff I needed, and dear god he was perfect. Also, I couldn't agree more about seeing J.K. Simmons, and I really hope that the next film has lots more of that goodness from him and his interactions with the the "damn time-traveling robots always covering their tracks."

You'll be happy, then. I'll say no more. :D

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
To be fair, Transformers 4 added on a bunch of stuff specifically for the Chinese audience.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Not surprising, I obviously don't have the highest opinion of Genisys but you know it was still a lot better than Fantastic 4.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
My buddy Tristan posted a screenshot of that news on Facebook with another article below it that said, "sequel inevitable" xD I'm not holding my breath for it, but with them pushing to make another Fantastic Four movie, I can't imagine that they'd push through that and not finishing this off.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, you say that, but if the "Pacific Rim" sequel of all things is dead in the water, surely this slop could be lost to the sands of time.

And other puns.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
True, but 1) Guillermo DelToro said that it's still on track, and 2) Those are two different studios, whereas Fox is responsible for both Terminator & FF.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well, 1) Guillermo said it's still happening "as far as I'm concerned" -- and while I hope to shit he's right, for a guy who's had so many projects that should have been awesome fall through, he's still unbelievably optimistic; 2) F4 is part of FOX's hope to get in on that Avengers money, so I have no difficulty believing they would throw good money after bad there while letting the Terminator franchise get some deserved rest following what was done to it (Paramount, not FOX, has Terminator, though).

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
That was the article that appeared on my buddy's Facebook feed right below the one Tets posted! Hahaha.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
They need to fix their marketing and not fucking spoil the plot twist that would have made the story even more promising.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
If I was the exec responsible for the marketing I would have resigned in shame for fucking up the franchise a little. xD

Top Bottom