• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Terminator: Genisys & New James Cameron Film

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
If I was the exec responsible for the marketing I would have resigned in shame for fucking up the franchise a little. xD

I couldn't agree with you more thoroughly. I hope that The Force Awakens teaches everyone how you're supposed to market films again -- enough to be excited, but not give away the pivotal points of the film. FFS, they don't even openly talk about it in the behind the scenes stuff, they just refer to it as, "a/the big reveal in the parking lot."

Watching all that stuff just made me feel even worse for all the shit they ended up taking because of that, because it's a good build up if you don't know it's coming.

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well if you care about it that much, why don't you just sign your posts with "X: Genisys :neo:"? CHECKMATE ATHEISTS

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
All that meeting and such did absolutely nothing and they failed to make a movie in time before the rights inevitably return to Cameron who can thankfully now do whatever the hell he wants with it, I'd say :monster:

Ghost X

Give it to a good story-writer who has something new to say where a robot apocalypse is a good medium to express such, and let a young creative director that knows how to make good shit make it, otherwise let the franchise die. <-- This can be said about all other franchises that refuse to die, replacing robot apocalypse with relevant themes :P.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Cameron and Miller created a writers room to hammer out what is planned to be a trilogy

Uh-huh.

Like Salvation was the start of a new trilogy. And how Genisys was the start of a new trilogy.

How about we just make one fucking movie and see if that turns out good before we do the trilogy talk again.

Ghost X

My ears are admittedly perking at the names attached. Certainly will not immediately say this project is doomed. However, I would not say it is guaranteed to be awesome either. The franchise is in better hands than it has been since T2 though, I think that can be said without argument.

A "direct sequel" I'm guessing wouldn't be set immediately after T2 for obvious reasons, with the aged actors involved :P. Glad they seem to be retconning everything after T2 though... at least hopefully.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
My ears are admittedly perking at the names attached. Certainly will not immediately say this project is doomed. However, I would not say it is guaranteed to be awesome either. The franchise is in better hands than it has been since T2 though, I think that can be said without argument.

A "direct sequel" I'm guessing wouldn't be set immediately after T2 for obvious reasons, with the aged actors involved :P. Glad they seem to be retconning everything after T2 though... at least hopefully.

(The beauty of time-travel films is that you don't necessarily have to retcon anything, since the time-travel itself just reasserts the storyline in-canon anytime you jump earlier).

:awesomonster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I don't know man, is he going senile? He used to make empowering women in films now he dislikes/disses wonder woman for what she is, then backpedaling his comments and worst of all, suckered me into seeing that clown fiesta that was Genisys and their assfuck of a marketing strategy to spoil what would be one decent plot twist. I am beginning to question his credibility despite having plans to make Battle Angel, Avatar: The Last Airbender 2 and 3 ( :monster: ) and now this new clown fiesta of a terminator to the point he is confident he will make it a trilogy. Geez, like Tet says, let shit get good first before clamoring for more!

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
This isn't new but I had forgotten to post it when it came out, it shouldn't really come as a surprise that Emilia Clarke did not enjoy being a part of Genisys and was relieved when the sequel died. Apparently the production was way more troubled than reported because even the crew of Fantastic Four were wearing jackets that read "AT LEAST WE&#8217;RE NOT ON TERMINATOR" which is hilarious.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
qr3b0mfa3ec1xmdbgrvx.png

Official first look at the new #Terminator featuring Natalia Reyes, Mackenzie Davis and Linda Hamilton. Directed by Tim Miller (DEADPOOL). Produced by James Cameron and David Ellison. In theatres 11.22.19.

Via: https://twitter.com/Terminator/status/1024640947940773888

Top Bottom