• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Terminator: Genisys & New James Cameron Film

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
This mostly just seems to be leaning in on the advancements about tactics for the, "living tissue & mimetic polyalloy needed for time-traveling technology" and how both sides are advancing based on those rules – humans equipping themselves with more sub-dermal cybernetics, with the two Terminators working in tandem as a combined, but also divisible team unit of an endoskeleton entity and an liquid metal entity.

I do feel like it's worth mentioning that the Terminator Genisys version of the T-1000 is still the one that feels the most screen accurate to the way I've always felt that the original Liquid Metal Mimetic Polyalloy material seemed like it ought to behave. The original T-1000 in T2: Judgement Day always felt like it sat somewhere in the range between clay and putty in how it had a natural viscosity. The outer layer of the T-X from T3: Rise of the Machines, felt like it was too mercurial in how it would bead up into tiny bits. By contrast the T-3000 in Genisys was very much more a cloud of nanomachines, and not just a chunk of material.

This new, darker liquid metal Terminator feels like it's somewhere between the T-1000's Liquid Metal, and the T-3000's Nanomachines. While that's interesting from a technical standpoint, I think that the scenes that have been shown with it so far run into this weird area where – especially because it's just an outer layer – it feels like all of the liquid movements lack a degree of weight that the other Terminators have had. It's odd because the effect really feels off because it doesn't seem to have the substance it seems like it ought to – but if it's really a mid-point between those types of tech, it would likely have that kind of odd appearance to it.

I dunno, it'll be interesting to see if they get something that's more of a trailer (but hopefully not one that fucks the entire plot of the film like last time)

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

The thing I found most interesting is that they have a SPLIT SECOND shot of what looks like a scene from the future with the new Terminators:

361xhp.gif

These things are eerie, man. Let's just look at them all from right to left:
  • The one on the right is just walking like a human would, but it's clear there's something on his back
  • Then the one that the gun is being aimed at has this hunched down running stance, and you can tell that the liquid metal being used as tendrils and turning their arms into blades
  • The one obscured by the gun is walking Sephiroth-style out of the flames, and you can see the tendrils up on its back
  • The one of the far left is springing and you can tell that they actually have backwards knees like raptors to help them run quickly, and presumably also assist with jumping
It's like you took a Jurassic Park Velociraptor, and Octopus, and a Man, and then decided to make the most horrifying Terminator possible – not to mention that the endoskeleton and the mimetic polyalloy can both function autonomously, so you have two working brains in the space of a single person. Every single inch of these things is just dripping with murderous horror.

For a while, I think that Terminators have felt more like advanced combat infiltrators because we've gotten familiar with them taking human form for plot reasons, but this thing is a straight up murder weapon that feels like it absolutely deserves to be called a Terminator. If the previous models were effective, this thing looks like it's unstoppable by comparison.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I was actually invited to that, but unfortunately don't live in Texas and had no way to attend. That would've been rad. :awesomonster:
Looking forward to checking it out soon though!

Top Bottom