TES V: Skyrim

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Didn't see a thread for this yet, so I'll post a link to the official page.

The Elder Scrolls V

Dragons at last!!!! I only hope they don't appear as mere decoration :/

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I've been eagerly awaiting the next Elder Scrolls for 5 or 6 years. As I've said many times before, Fallout was great and - by all rights - a better game than Oblivion. But I got so much more wrapped up in Oblivion's atmosphere and had much more fun exploring. IN large part, I'm sure, because there were more varied locales. The wasteland did look great and it makes sense that that's all there would really be, but its still less enthralling to me.

But to have all of Fallout's refinements - many (often hilarious) dialogue choices, significantly better voice acting, more inventive quests, etc. in an Elder Scrolls game is going to completely destroy my social life. And I wouldn't have it any other way :monster:

AND I AM SO &#$%ING GLAD ITS NOT AN MMO!

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I-AM-EXCITE.jpg

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
significantly better voice acting

THIS. I loved Oblivion but oh my god, the same five voices. ALL. THE. TIME.

GameInformer (I think) is supposed to have February issue revealing more details. The best part?

Rumor is they aren't going to use that shitty old engine anymore. For all that is good and holy, please!

My only request would be a better character creation system. It is a job and a half to get an Oblivion character that doesn't look butt ugly.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
Looking at how character design and graphics have evolved from Oblivion to New Vegas, I expect something really good.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I can't state how many times my little brother and I designed a character in TES IV only to change the skin color, or something, and have it go totally, irreversably wrong. (Not to mention, if you fuck with the sliders, you can make an elf with a nose the size of a hatchet). SO glad it's on a new engine, and I am excite.

X :neo:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
IIRC I had a pretty good looking Dunmer. But yeah, could be easier. (Though, Demon's Souls has THE most impossible-to-make-a-not-hideous-character system ever.)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
IIRC I had a pretty good looking Dunmer. But yeah, could be easier. (Though, Demon's Souls has THE most impossible-to-make-a-not-hideous-character system ever.)

(I'll be taking on that challenge after my little brother leaves town near the end of the week.)

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Rumor is they aren't going to use that shitty old engine anymore. For all that is good and holy, please!

They did write a good proper engine for Oblivion back when, producing the prettiest picturez evar on my PC <3. So I'm sure they've got that covered.

As for Fallout vs Oblivion: Fallout had quality, Oblivion had quantity. Although both shared a bit of that, :monster:. Fallout had what, 7 quest / story lines or something? Almost all content in there was somehow relevant to one of the questlines, whereas Oblivion had a lot of (copy / pasted) caves and locations. Which got repetitive, yes, especially considering most didn't really reward you with anything good.

I have to be honest. While Oblivion pwned in terms of graphics and everything, I'm pretty sure I spent more time on its predecessor, Morrowind. Might be the atmosphere in that one, or because I've become a mass consumer and/or very critical since then.

As for the MMO bit, I was (almost) sure they were going for it this time, :monster:. However, they're also having another studio work on a Fallout MMO - I wouldn't be surprised if they sold the rights to a TES MMO to another studio too. Which, of course, would be the suck.

I still see a lot of potency in a TES-based MMO. As long as they don't make it too massive.

My only request would be a better character creation system. It is a job and a half to get an Oblivion character that doesn't look butt ugly.

I have another. Dear Bethesda, please give us hawrdkawr players an option at the start of the game to skip the entire intro sequence, create / select a character class, give a handful of basic equipment and get the fuck out of the intro bit. Morrowind's was bearable
(STAND UP THERE YOU GO YOU WERE DREAMING I HEARD WE'VE REACHED MORROWIND I'M SURE THEY'LL LET US GO THIS IS WHERE YOU GET OFF FOLLOW ME UP TO THE CENSUS OFFICE AH YES WE'VE BEEN EXPECTING YOU ASDFI ASIFJASFD JASDFI ASART KKASKGFK FQQw'''''')
, but Oblivion's just took forever, which doesn't encourage people to start over much.

Also, please change the character creation thing so you can make actually attractive womenz. In another game, adding a pretty race made that race the most played one within a few months, even though they have no significantly added benefit towards others.

Keep the physics thing though, and add more gore. I liked killing random people, stripping them and putting them in awkward positions. Dismembering them too, in Fallout. Thus, please please us sick fucks, add a serial killer class / profession and game mechanics for that.

I'm pretty sure there's a rape mod for previous Bethesda games. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I still see a lot of potency in a TES-based MMO. As long as they don't make it too massive.

They can do whatever they want as long as it isn't a main entry in the series (FFXI/XIV:rage:). Getting absorbed and "role playing" is what I loved to much about Oblivion. More than 9000 people asking 'how I mine for fish' kinda kills the mood. And even role play servers aren't much better.

Cthulhu said:
I liked killing random people, stripping them and putting them in awkward positions. Dismembering them too, in Fallout.

chirac.jpg

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I always made Breton characters, and I could get a passable character but still. Bleh. The horrible hair options don't exactly help, either. I hated spending for-fucking-ever in the character creation screen trying to get something decent.

I have another. Dear Bethesda, please give us hawrdkawr players an option at the start of the game to skip the entire intro sequence, create / select a character class, give a handful of basic equipment and get the fuck out of the intro bit.

Or just come up with a shorter intro, period. I know there's some mod on the PC where you can actually start off in Anvil rather than doing that long as intro so you don't even have to start the main quest if you don't want to.

Shit, wish I coulda done that. I have barely touched the main quest in that game. Being a thief is where it's at.

I liked killing random people, stripping them and putting them in awkward positions. Dismembering them too, in Fallout. Thus, please please us sick fucks, add a serial killer class / profession and game mechanics for that.

I'm pretty sure there's a rape mod for previous Bethesda games.

2qvwg75jpg.gif

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
The intro part of Oblivion is long only in the first gameplay. You can save just before reaching the sewer's exit and keep that savepoint for next playthroughs. At least that's what I've always done.

I liked killing random people, stripping them and putting them in awkward positions. Dismembering them too, in Fallout.

&#3232;__&#3232;

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I always made Breton characters, and I could get a passable character but still. Bleh. The horrible hair options don't exactly help, either. I hated spending for-fucking-ever in the character creation screen trying to get something decent.
I always made dark elves, cause I love looking blue and having red eyes.

Keep the physics thing though, and add more gore. I liked killing random people, stripping them and putting them in awkward positions. Dismembering them too, in Fallout. Thus, please please us sick fucks, add a serial killer class / profession and game mechanics for that.
there's a mod for that

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
My rothers done it already. For anyone whos to lazy to finish heres what he came up with.

Dragonborn Dragonborn By his honor is sworn to keep evil forever at bay and the fiercest foes rout when they hear triumphs shout. Dragonborn, for your blessing we pray.

And the scrolls have fortold of black wings in the cold that when brothers wage war come unfurled Alduin, bane of kings ancient shadow unbound with a hunger toswallow the world.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Oh you got punctuation and shit in there, lol. Here was mine:

Dragonborn Dragonborn
By his honor is sworn to keep evil forever at bay and the fiercest foes rout when they hear triumph's shout.
Dragonborn for your blessing we pray.
And the scrolls have fortold of black wings in the cold that when brothers wage war come unfurled ALDUIN bane of kings ancient shadow unbound with a hunger to swallow the world.

No commas, lol. I didn't know what ALDUIN was. I figured it was a name since there was no translation for it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
do-want.jpg

That looks so awesome. I love the look of that sword in front of that ...snow monster thing.

That magic looks...promising. That is one thing I that really bugged me about Oblivion. Each element had an animation, and EVERY spell of that tat element uses the same animation. My first playthrough I didn't notice as I was tank and only had Flare. So when I played a mage I got "Firestorm," and was super excited to see myself filling a cave with fire and it...looked just like flare. So hopefully that will no longer be the case.

But anyway, those look great, I might have to get that Game Informer...

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
That looks so cool. "Here there be dragons" lawl. Some of the details look great (even though the pictures are a little grainy). That one picture - the guy's muscles look so real, and the girl looks amazing too.

I like to play in third person mode. First person view, I feel like I can't see as well around me.

I'm a little late on this, but the trailer that they have on their website - I love that guy's voice. I'm looking forward to great voice acting in this game.

EDIT: The landscapes look beautiful too. It would be so cool to be wandering around and a dragon flies overhead.

Last edited:

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
No class selection, huh? I guess all characters start out the same way then? But I like that there's room to do a little bit of everything. I like balanced characters. Jack of all trades, master of none :monster:

automatically set the mission in a place you&#8217;ve never visited

Wow.

Faces are heavily improved. They don&#8217;t look like crap, anymore.

haha. Also, no zooming in when talking to people. I'm glad they got rid of that; I didn't care for it.

if you drop a dagger in a town, a young boy might pick it up and find you to return. Or in a different situation: a group of men could find it and fight over who gets to keep it.

What? LOL. That's cute.

Dragons can attack a town, meaning that towns may (we&#8217;re guessing) also be open to other creature attacks.

Hmm. I'm not sure I like that. That suggests to me that there are no "safe places". Maybe indoors, idk.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I like that I can challenge people to duels. There wee a few npcs I would have liked to kill back in Oblivion, but those gaurds always know.

I don't mind the dragonss possbly attacking villiages. On the one hand that means no area would always be safe, but on the other hand the potential for epic moments of trying to escape an unexpected attack followed possibly by a valiant attempt at defending the civilians from an overpowering foe is quite welcome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom