• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Thank you, TLS - "The Big Pom"

RedFFWolf

Donator
Hey!

So a good few of you have probably seen my TL;DR post on FB (it was an attempt to be short, but it just...didn't...), and I'll have posted elsewhere on TLS by the time I post this, but I just wanna say thank you.

The first KupoCon event, Newark, was a great success, and no other group I know of has been as supportive as those I've met right here.
And for me, personally, it meant a lot to be able to provide for you all in whatever way I could - it really helped solidify my role in it all, and it's just a pleasure to do stuff for all of you specifically.

It has been an honour meeting each and every one of you. Lith, JT, Ite, Avec, Force, Tenny & Carlie. I somehow managed to miss you all the moment you had all left my room.

Few random bits:

@Avec - I had somehow forgotten you went as Vincent. You were at the merch desk in the evening, and I just, somehow, for that short space of time did not realise that was you. I was a lot more exhausted during that time than I let on - caffeine fuelled me up late, but inside I was fading away :monster:

@JasonT - One of the things I said to everyone that night was the only main regret I have was you not being able to be with us for the rest of the day. Wish we'd have more time to talk and stuff.

@Ite - I owe you two spooning sessions. Again, exhausted night-time. I said "yes" to joining on the bed and would get distracted with the need to drink water and then just stay somewhere dazed :lol:
Also, I have to quote this particular part of my post I remembered from your reintroduction thread last year.
Looks like I've been pronouncing your name correctly all this time then - I look forward to the naturally occurring friendship that will derive from this :D

(So to not make this thread simply about me expressing gratitude, it might make for a good dumping ground of stories and pics etc. :))

The only thing I have to wonder myself now is...will I enjoy meeting the European folk more at London? :P :D

RedFFWolf

Donator
The North Americans have set the bar pretty high, it seems.

I'm thrilled it was such a success.

What a crowd they were. Every last one. I reckon London can do just as well ;)
Work has begun, and announcements will be coming in no time. Watch this space - things are about to get exciting in the next week or two.

Check out some of the cosplays on the day - This is but a fraction of the people

Say, who here in Newark wrote
73l3j8.jpg
?
My level of sentimentality at that moment was that I brought this home with me - and I intend to keep it, too :|

I wanna share some of my own personal highlights
1. At the end of the day part of the event, a couple came up to the merch desk just before we were packing up. The lady explained they had misplaced their cards and couldn't find them. They looked pretty down about it, especially the man, who was pretty quiet, looking at the floor and whatnot. With that, I gave them starter packs, booster packs and premium packs - they likely had more cards than before! The lady thanked me so dearly and honestly, telling me they were having such a wonderful time up until that moment and now everything is all great again. And the man, still without a word, just stared at the cards in his hands, his eyes looking as if they were ready to cry, like he had never received generosity like it [I didn't think much of what I had done, it felt natural response was to give a'plenty, but obviously meant a huge deal to him]. He suddenly pulled me into a hug and thanked me deeply. I later saw a video of the evening event of a few people doing some dance thingy, with the guy from earlier having the time of his life with them.

2. On one of the KC posts I saw someone thanking for everything about the day, quote "my life couldn't have been happier that day" with pictures of her with Ray Chase. If I'm not mistaken, she was with a group of two other people who came without tickets and I sorted them out getting in on the day.

3. The reaction to my own FB post. I honestly can't begin to express what it meant for so many people to have said what they said. In one post I was reminded of what I had done to help a couple from the Netherlands who had heard about the event on the day and wanted to get tickets - while I didn't see the couple again for the day, I was told I had made their day.

And lith, you especially touched me with your messages on that post. And speaking of touch, I think every time we met throughout the day I got a hug - I appreciated every single one ^_^

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Haha Yeah Ite wrote that note when we discovered room service wouldn't bring us alcohol.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Hehe!

I'm still not back in Vancouver until tomorrow, but I wanna say thank you and love to y'all! I'll be exploding out pictures and book updates and FFT playthroughs all weekend though!

Special thanks to Avec who hosted me and Red who stepped up and made this a reality. I've never had that much fun at a convention. Sorry to anyone I gave the sniffles to, I'm feeling 100% now so if you are sniffly, it should be brief :kermit:

Baka, kupo, what-have-you.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Come on Red, we wouldn't have left ya hanging! :lol:

Haha, I know ye wouldn't. I had actually written a bigger post about how I knew you would cover it, but that I'd then insist on covering it, and it ending with me being pinned to the bed with a menu rolled up my right nostril - something like that. Details, who needs 'em, eh? :P
I figured there was more fun in the shorter version.

Hehe!

I'm still not back in Vancouver until tomorrow, but I wanna say thank you and love to y'all! I'll be exploding out pictures and book updates and FFT playthroughs all weekend though!

Special thanks to Avec who hosted me and Red who stepped up and made this a reality. I've never had that much fun at a convention. Sorry to anyone I gave the sniffles to, I'm feeling 100% now so if you are sniffly, it should be brief :kermit:

Baka, kupo, what-have-you.

It was a pleasure. Thank you for your help and company on Saturday. In the end, it was thanks to you posting about KupoCon in the first place that ended up with me getting involved in it all :)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Yeah Force was going on about him and Tres not getting nominated this year for best ship, he feels neglected.

...and it ending with me being pinned to the bed...

With Ite doing the pinning, amirite?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Would anyone be interested in doing a Big Pom write-up for the front page? Focusing mostly on the cool Final Fantasy stuff, not the TLS orgy, off course. :awesome:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I actually did have the thought that someone needs to do that. And we need to upload some pics as well.

I would be willing to pitch in at the very least.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Yeah, it needs to be one of us who actually enjoyed the convention for what it was, Not Red who was running around like a panicked chocobo making everything was running smoothly.

I could give it a go, if no one else steps up. It may take me a few days though; I'm still trying to catch up on schoolwork I missed.

RedFFWolf

Donator
Yeah, it needs to be one of us who actually enjoyed the convention for what it was, Not Red who was running around like a panicked chocobo making everything was running smoothly.

I could give it a go, if no one else steps up. It may take me a few days though; I'm still trying to catch up on schoolwork I missed.

I thought you said I handled it all really, r-really well :'(

Can't deny I missed a lot of each activity, sort of skimming by and getting a few seconds of each one (completely missed at least three of them). But I'd be happy to weigh in on the article from, I suppose, an overall/overarching viewpoint or similar. Perhaps this would be the kind of piece that would work well (and perhaps more effectively) as a collaborative piece with people weighing in on different aspects, with one leading person tying it all up together?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Alright, got an idea here. Can all of you who went maybe write up a blurb about your thoughts on the con and just basically about the things you did there and the things you loved and all that?

JT and I are going to do a thing. :monster:

Also, would you all be okay if pics of you are posted on TLS, potentially the front page?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Fine by me. I'm hella busy so if I manage to write you a testimonial it will be <100 words.

Top Bottom