• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Thanos: The Infinity Relativity

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So, I'm horribly behind with my reviews still, but I wanted to take the time to say that "The Infinity Relativity" has really upped the ante with this story Starlin has been telling.

As a follow-up to last year's "Thanos Annual," "The Infinity Revelation" and "Thanos vs. Hulk," it also succeeds in making any disappointing resolutions from those feel All Part of the Plan. I have no doubts now that there will be a satisfying payoff to this overarching storyline.

Though those previous releases are pretty much necessary reading for following all of this graphic novel, it does have a lot of entertainment all its own to offer. It builds and maintains the excitement, incorporating plenty of characters, a lot of action, and some genuine character growth.

Even as "The Empire Strikes Back"-like entry (in more ways than one) of this latest (last?) Starlin Thanos epic, it manages to make everything up to this point feel worth it. Hell, it even shows promise that it could fit into established continuity by the end!

Before I forget to give all credit where it's due, the line work is highly kinetic and exciting. This feels like the chapter of this tale that Starlin has been itching to draw. There's a personal excitement on his part there that really shows.

Also, Andy Smith's inks continue to offer appropriately bold definition to Starlin's pencils while Frank D'Armata and Rachelle Rosenberg's vibrant colors continue to pop off the page -- especially with the high quality glossy paper used for these original graphic novel projects Marvel is putting out these days.

This entry in Starlin's swan song for Thanos and Adam Warlock makes for the best installment yet, and one that easily redeems the lackluster elements of the entries that have preceded "The Infinity Relativity." If this sort of quality can be maintained all the way to the finish line, we'll be looking at an "Infinity" collection that can stand with dignity on the shelf next to Starlin's original "Infinity" trilogy from the 1990s.

Top Bottom