• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

That Long Awaited Steampunk RPG...

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Is here! is we can be generating some interest now?

We look back on the 1860s of an alternate Earth, one whose vast variety of different cultures and ancient traditions like the coexistence with nature, alchemy and the innate appreciation of the very real magic that can harnessed from the natural world itself is being strangled out of existence by a combination of humanity’s fear to acknowledge of the unknown in its past and the never-ending drum beat of a world wide British Empire that not only possesses a wealth of advanced military technology, but for hundreds of years has been steadily leading the way to a modern, mechanised world in every sense of the word. Railroads and monorails criss-cross lands that used to be tranquil forests, scenes of untouchable magical beauty have been laid to waste for vast industrial estates and slums to develop as a result of the advanced sense of industrial revolution. Even the descendents of even those who lived in the outdoors to soak up its magical splendour and use the knowledge gleamed from it for powerful alchemy, have turned their back on their heritage for the more comfortable existence that comes with a house, a decent concept of plumbing and a complete ignorance about the heritage of the world outside the one they’ve been forced to accept.

However it wasn’t just the British Empire’s superior military technology that has caused so much of the world’s population to renounce the legends told by the ancestors and adopt a new way of life. The Empire’s research into the history of the planet has shown the presence of ruins across the globe, suggesting a global civilization that they call The Thanatos’ that existed in the ancient past. Experts in archaeology, science and history have concluded that this entire worldwide civilisation was destroyed overnight because of its reliance on what remains of their literature has dubbed ‘Titania’s Lines’. These leylines were what allowed the ancient civilisation to wield magic, and command the various powers of nature to do their bidding. However, it was these very powers that subsequently caused their extinction. Once this history was made aware to those who had already converted, many began to view the natural world with contempt and fear. The few who still lived within the ancient culture, practitioners of magic were seen as nothing more than terrorists - such has been the mindset for nearly a century.

The story begins in this alternate America, in the dying days of a failed war of independence. The American army have been fighting a losing battle for years, having stood absolutely no chance against the highly advanced mechanised weaponry and scientific breakthroughs that gave the British Empire an overwhelming advantage. The national mood is sullen, and in some places outright defeated as the country succumbs to foreign military occupation piece by piece.

But all hope is not lost, in addition to the fraction of population that still reside in nature, there are other who still oppose the Empire’s domination of the planet. One particular band of insurgents, calling themselves ‘The Argonauts’, believe that they have discovered a clue to the means of destroying the source of the British Empire’s ever more deadly and modern technology. Through research into long forgotten parts of myth and legend, they have come to believe that there is a second series of fault lines, what very ancient lore calls: Oberon’s Lines. These fault lines, unlike the more commonly accepted myth that the sister series of Titania’s lines that allow one to use the powers of the world, allow for somebody to gain a consciousness, an understanding, of the world‘s knowledge - the mechanisms, flow of nature. A blueprint of the powers of Gaia. This rebel group believes that the British Empire discovered how to manipulate these lines for their own gain, and as a result have technology one or two centuries earlier than their time. Moreover, they believe that the British Empire’s constant use of Oberon’s Lines to enhance their understanding of the world is proportionately responsible for the decreasing power and influence of Titania’s Lines. So, in order to restore balance to the world, the Argonauts plan to track down and manipulate Titania’s Lines in the same manner that the British have done with Oberon’s. With this goal, they hope to restore peace and natural order to the world once more.

Name:
Nationality:
Alignment:
Physical Appearance:
Personality:
Weapons:
Accessories:
History:

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
JOIN PEOPLE THIS IS RP SECTION REVIVAL
yes i'll join this seen as i also wrote it ;.;

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
ffffffffffffff why would you do this to me as soon as I have free time, I hate you.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
So you mean there's things you'd rather be doing with your free time that isn't writing for my amazing RP? o.O

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
So you mean there's things you'd rather be doing with your free time that isn't writing for my amazing RP? o.O
Play my lesbian wizard game and wish I went to Hogwarts.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
i would wish to do this also

i shall do a profile after i do my dessies one lol

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
so can my character be a reverse trap?

Edit: lol posting it anyways

Name: Wilhelmina "Wilhelm"/"Will" Klein

Gender: Looks and is often identified as male, but is in truth female.

Nationality: German-American

Alignment: America/The Argonauts

Physical Appearance: He dresses in a manner typical of most men at the time. Wears a shirt with a high collar and a blue ribbon tied around his neck. Usually wears a heavy overcoat, because he claims that he suffers the cold far too easily, and also wears long trousers and a smart pair of shoes. Usually wears a newsboy hat. Hair is soft, blonde, and worn in something of a bowl cut, usually slicked back for company. Eyes are dark brown and childish in the way he looks at things.

Personality: Will is rather headstrong, and almost arrogant in a way. Chides people for things he feels they should know about but don't. On the other hand, new things or ideas excite and fascinate him, and he will listen to anyone who has an original concept. Enjoys tinkering with objects around him just to see what he can make. Something of a recluse because he keeps odd hours. Despite this, he feels he could help the Argonauts and believes in their cause of restoring natural world order.

Weapons: A wrench or a derringer.

Accessories: Magnifying goggles for very small parts, a workshop full of tools for a steam engineer.

History: Wilhelm was born Wilhelmina Fuerst to Alois and Cordula Fuerst, owners of a local slaughterhouse. Their only son was Dietrich, the only one to attend school, though Wilhelmina often borrowed and read his books by herself. She dearly wanted to attend Bates College, having a strong graspt of mathematics and science and wanting despirately to become an engineer. Her father believed that doing that would be a waste of the family's time and money, and only cared to have his son become university-educated while one of his daughter's husbands would take over the business. Instead of abiding by her father's wishes, Wilhelmina recruited a friend of hers to help fake her own kidnapping to extort money from her father.

Unfortunately, her father was unwilling to pay her ransom, so she decided to simply abandon the family and seek out a way to become an engineer. She caught word of a great sum of money being paid to whoever could figure out the answer to a mathematical equation. She decided this was her best chance, but there was no way a woman would be thought of as clever enough to figure it out in her mind. She cut her hair, took on the clothing of men and from then on, went by the name Wilhelm.

He entered into the contest as a man and won, winning enough money to fund his first year at a university. In little time at all, he graduated, officially a student of engineering. Once graduated, he assumed he could simply live quietly, trying to find a way to help the Argonauts. It was not so, since a young lady from the upper class was interested in marrying the young engineer, and several people popped up to try and expose him as either a fraud, a liar, or something else entirely. Investigation into Wilhelm's last name brought some to the slaughterhouse her father managed, who knew nothing of 'Wilhelm', but did miss his apparently kidnapped daughter 'Wilhelmina'. His workshop was ransacked, threats posted about the town for him, which made him decide to flee to a small town in Illinois, where he made enough money to pay for a new workshop, promising himself to continue to look for the Argonauts to help restore world order.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I just want to know first: is this a action-comedy steampunk, action-adventure steampunk, or action-noir-dystopia steampunk?

I have prearranged ideas for all three :monster: Mainly going for a sniper character, so yeah.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Alex will have no idea so I'll answer - action-adventure / somewhat dystrophic steampunk.

Back in Manchester for a couple of days and have finished Mrs. Dalloway. This means free time, yay!

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I so could have told you that btw. I just let Bex take the reigns sometimes so she can feel useful.

<.< >.> <.<

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I do believe I detect a smell of burning right now. :highfive: O ASS THEY DONT HAVE THAT EMOTE ANYMOAR

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
I join this now. :awesome: Always loved steampunk to death, but I'm going to hold off on a bio until I see a few others, just to really get what I'm getting into - the introduction is awesome but doesn't say too much about the world itself and as such, what kind of characters fill it in.
Tho' I'm already thinking Airship Designer. :monster: We'll see.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I'm more than up for people to chip in their own ideas for what they think could fill up the world. The more people's opinions there are working together on creating this, then the better it will be.

Protip, an airship designer would be more than very useful :monster:

Hisako

AKA
Man I tried reading up on a little American History (Revolution + Civil War) tl;dr, man that shit can kill ya even on Wikipedia XD I don't know how you guys can go through all that history, we Australians only have to read about the British beating up on the Aborigines and the Wars and that's about it aside from a TINY bit of Australian Parliament :awesome:

Anyway, I've got this idea nearly fully formed now, I'm thinking some wacky sharpshooter, ex-minuteman absolutely packing with 2 rifles and a pepperbox. And a carbine. Probably won't have all of those on at the same time, though, gotta get my head around some concept art before I'm done.

Also, an idea for a mechanical horse. Man that's gonna look so fucked up :monster:

AND YES IT AIN'T STEAMPUNK WITHOUT THE AIRSHIP PEOPLE WE LOVE YOU JENOVAS :awesome:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
My concept art for my character looks awesome :monster: Perhaps when everybody's character gets done I could do a group pic that wouldn't suck balls.

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT AIRSHIP IT IS :monster: I've already got little tidbits but I need to come up with a proper-length bio that fills out all those categories.

Also satsu. I KNOW RIGHT - I've got History next semester and I'm not looking forward to hearing about years and years of NOTHING. >_>

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT AIRSHIP IT IS :monster: I've already got little tidbits but I need to come up with a proper-length bio that fills out all those categories.

Also satsu. I KNOW RIGHT - I've got History next semester and I'm not looking forward to hearing about years and years of NOTHING. >_>
at least it is better than Trig. :@ followed by Calculus and Calculus II and Calculus III gaaah

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
or if you're me : Old Norse, English Language, Text and Context and then Prose : Reading and Interpretation.

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
I won't lie, the Old Norse sounds pretty awesome at face value, but the Calculus Triple Foul must be a BITCH.

Hmmm. Sometimes I wonder what I'll take in uni. Guess we'll find out in later years.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Holy crap Jenova, you're only 15! How did I ever miss that :P

Well, my education post high school was actually pretty good, considering I went to a college that specialized in stuff like 3D animation (which i did), so I only had one class which was 4 days a week from 9:30-1, then we just messed around on the computers the rest of the day (That's also how the Midgar model got started XD).....and yet somehow I ended up working in Civil design...

*on topic* seems most people have joined this RP too....and although Alex suggested I join too I'm not quite convinced so I'm just gonna observe for now and see if it peaks my interest.

Last edited:

Hisako

AKA
FUCK i spent a whole hour on the bio, pressed 'post' and turned my computer off after a bit. IT NEVER SENT ;__;

Now I cba for now damnit.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Save your work first imo :monster:

Hisako

AKA
no u imo :monster:

One of these days instead of a bio I'm just going to draw the concept art as a substitute :awesome:

The more I typed it up the more I realised my character was just like a 19th century Naked Snake lol.

Top Bottom