That Long Awaited Steampunk RPG...

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I usually write mine up in Notepad too but when I was doing it it was 1.30 in the morning and I was wondering why the fuck I was taking so long :monster:

Anyway, lemme try this again. I remember most of it. I think.

Name: Christian Berdun

Nationality: British-American

Alignment: America/The Argonauts

Physical Appearance: Christian is dressed to blend in with his environments, wherever it may be. As a frontiersman or "on a mission", he wears dark brown buckskins (jacket and leggings), a dirty white shirt and leather riding boots. In addition to this, he often wears a ripped and torn cloak for camouflage which is often smeared with dirt, mud twigs and other bits of foliage.
However, in normal civilisation, Christian dresses much more typically: a white high-collar shirt with a dark brown four-in-hand and matching trousers (he still wears his riding boots) along with a black frock coat and black soft-crowned hat. His hair, while pretty much a straight mess, is occasionally combed to pass off as acceptable. A cropped chin curtain with moustache and dark, alert eyes completes the image of an unpredictable and wild man.

Personality: Christian has been thoroughly disenchanted with the state of society ever since his defection from the British Army more than a decade ago, and occasionally questions himself as to why he ever defected to the losing side. Not afraid to apply cynicism whenever possible, Christian is always initally on guard and scrutinising of people. By this extension, he usually presents himself as cunning, and has always tried to solve problems by logic and reasoning.

Considered a general pessimist at times, Christian will often look upon admirers or inquirers wanting to know more about his profession with an air of condescension, although deep inside he longs to help others understand his methods simply to help them understand him as a person, and unfortunately sometimes simply ends up appearing proud or arrogant to a fault.

Weapons: Christian owns a fair arsenal for a single man: he owns a Hall rifle mainly for general long-distance encounters, a Kentucky rifle for specific assassinations, 2 Baker rifle carbines (both with sword bayonets) and as a sidearm, an 8-shot pepperbox for close quarters encounters. He often leaves his Kentucky rifle home (unless the situation calls for it) and only takes his own Baker rifle (the other rifle belongs to someone else) along with his Hall rifle, bayonet and pepperbox. All his rifles are fitted with scopes of varying magnifications.

Accessories: Christian often carries with him a large roll of tent canvas and camping gear to conceal his weaponry, and his considerable reserves of ammunition. He also keeps in a large store-room of his main residence a steam-power mechanically-assisted horse, which by now is ancient and does nothing but keep guests entertained with the antics of senility.

History: Christian was initally a bright-eyed and enthusiastic enlistee in the British Army, eager to partake in the war, displaying to superiors his exceptional marksmanship and ability in the cavalry. However, as the war became more brutal over the years, the shine coming from the media eventually dulled and after a series of massacres from various campaigns on various fronts, Christian defected with a number of other members in his regiment.

On the day, during his escape a friend sacrificed his own life to let him escape, and Christian eventually eluded the search parties' grasps, with nothing but the clothes he was wearing, his rifle and his friend's rifle, and his mechanical horse, volunteering himself to the cause of various rebel groups and American militia by offering his skills against the British forces.

While difficult to endear himself to such militia (particularly considering his British Army garb, his skills in battle were undeniable, and eventually he made a good living as a frontiersman and gun-for-hire. It was towards the end of the war that he was offered a job to work for The Argonauts, and soon established himself as a regular member of the insurgency.

wow this guy is going to turn out to be such a whiny bitch :awesome:

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
lolwatRPG.jpg

Bio to follow >:

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
tbh i'll probs take half of them out on the redesign.
who cares, it's steampunk and i like piercings. (although i know that doesn;'t literally mean punk BUT STILL)

also, her character isn't a wholly acceptable one in the first place. :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
who cares, it's steampunk and i like piercings. (although i know that doesn;'t literally mean punk BUT STILL)

Well hay, Wilhelm is a girl pretending to be a dude with an engineering degree. That sure as hell ain't kosher in the 19th century. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon

Dude that is still pretty fuckin' rad whether or not there's piercings, lol

Also, pickchers! I'm not going to because I appreciate the ability to not give someone an option to break the page WINK WINK
[URL="http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j17/thedude0421132618/SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE.jpg"]Just realised head is too big but stfu :awesome:[/URL]
[URL="http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j17/thedude0421132618/WEGOTTABESNEAKYCHARLIESNEAKY.jpg"]Just realised I was taking the character way too seriously so I decided to spice it up a little ;D[/URL]
I'll try and do a sketch for Terra's character because even though I really should be working I really cbf'd. :monster:

Also, [s]YOU[/s] WE MUSHT CONSHTRUCKT ADDISHUNUL [s]PAILONS[/s] BIOS

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
Awesome art and bios from everybody so far. :awesome: I especially like Sneaky!Christian.
Master of stealth he is.

I'll probably have my bio up by tonight - I'm going to start on it when I get home from the family photoshoot-thing and from there it'll be smooth sailing.

EDIT: Well I'm a dumbass and a liar. XD I'd forgotten how busy last-last night was going to be, and last night I went to a Metric concert, so I pretty much failed inthe "I'll get it done!" department. Tonight's also a monster of a night as I've got boatloads of schoolwork to attend to but the good news is, I've got about a third of the bio done on Word and so I've no chance of easily losing it. :) Not to worry, Olive Oxley will be up and running soon enough.

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Man I almost thought I'd killed the thread. IT HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME. ;.;

Where's Alex? :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Alex died in a car crash and is occasionally channeled by Bexy.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Sorry guys, I am doing my best to finish up the bio. I reay have just been snowed under with uni work lately to the point where sitting down to write anything substantial is like the last thing on my mind. I do have alot of free time and only one class today (which is at 9 in the morning ;.;) so I will try and make a determined effort to finish up my bio.

Bex is pretty much in the same boat. But never fear! Neither of us have forgotten about the RP or are going to give up on it. Things have just been a bit draining IRL at the mo'.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sorry guys, I am doing my best to finish up the bio. I reay have just been snowed under with uni work lately to the point where sitting down to write anything substantial is like the last thing on my mind. I do have alot of free time and only one class today (which is at 9 in the morning ;.;) so I will try and make a determined effort to finish up my bio.

Bex is pretty much in the same boat. But never fear! Neither of us have forgotten about the RP or are going to give up on it. Things have just been a bit draining IRL at the mo'.
:( Good luck, and plz get those bios done when you have time

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
Righty, here's my bio - as per usual it's long, so get yourself somethin' to drink!

Name: Olive Oxley

Nationality: ???

Alignment: ???/The Argonauts

Physical Appearance: Nobody's quite sure where Olive comes from – she could be German, or Swiss, or American, or anywhere else that hails pale-skinned, blond-haired people. Large, mischievous green eyes peek out from behind bangs that are usually flattened to her skull by the pair of goggles strapped securely to her forehead; the rest of her wavy locks are tied up somehow, be it in a clip, a ribbon, or the good ol' fashioned hairband. No matter how hard she tries to keep it tidy, it's always falling out of place, giving her a perpetually "hard-at-work" look.

Olive's at average height for a woman, though nobody agrees on her precise height because she'll change it every time you ask; her attire mingles the styles of a mechanic and a Victorian lady, mostly browns and whites and toolbelts—throw in a wench corset and a good pair of leather pilot's gloves and she's ready to roll… or fly, to be precise.

Personality: Miss Oxley is one of the most enigmatic people you'll ever meet, and you'll still manage to know all about her; she loves misleading people when it comes to her personal information as it's just another game to her. Nobody knows for certain her birthplace, family ties, or her allegiance in the war; similarly, her height and weight are also a closely guarded secret—as if she'd tell you the last one. At the same time though, spending any time aboard her airship will grant you astounding levels of knowledge pertaining to her: the good wrench is always on the left; there's a giant organ of questionable acquisition aboard the vessel, which she plays quite proficiently; she has a weakness for the colours gold, orange and blue and will implement them everywhere she can. That sort of thing.

She knows proper manners like the back of her hand and chooses to leave them in her closet where they belong; aside from the foulmouthedness and lounging on her ship in ridiculously unladylike poses, she's quite the classic Romantic – alongside the organ she's got a personal library which contains things like the travels of the great explorers of her time, and insights into the minds of those "not quite dealing with the full deck." It all fascinates her.

Weapons: Not counting the airship and its crew, Olive has a toolbelt slung around her hips that's just rife with possible weapons – however, there are slightly more conventional ones, too. She's got two brass, wooden-handled pistols within a second's reach.

Accessories: Goggles, toolbelt, organ and airship – the rest comes and goes.

History: Most of Olive's history is concealed behind a wink, a smile and a "try and guess!" However, the veteran members of her crew have, from what she's told them over the years, pieced together a rough idea of what might be their captain's past.

Olive started out as a little girl in rural wherever-she-came-from. She was sweet and clever and obscenely, mind-numbingly bored. Whatever family she had encouraged her to try out different conventional pastimes for a young girl such as herself; nothing seemed to fill the void. One day, some influential figure or other introduced her to mechanics. An unstoppable obsession was born. Her focus shifted quickly from general mechanics to specifically those of airborne crafts – when she was just barely teenage, she moved into the heart of some city or other and studied incessantly. By the age of eighteen (and this one's a fact) her airship had been completed enough to work properly and she quickly up and gathered a crew to join her on its virgin voyage. Olive's allegiances lie firmly with nobody, and so most of her crew were just glad to escape the tedium of the war – a lot of them stuck around because of a genuine like of the ship and its captain. They've had many adventures, including the time they broke into a church and stole its organ piece by piece in one night. Olive's heard of the Argonauts in her travels and intends on finding them to see if she can in on the action – ending the war would make the skies much easier to fly through, and besides, what's life without a good healthy adventure?

Aaand there we have it ladies and gentlemen - bio done! :monster: Might draw her and some generic crew members if I have time.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
You used assonance =/

I think I'd like to join (maybe?), but due to RL and all, I don't think that will be possible for a long while D: Plus I've never RP'd before ;.;

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
YES OMEGA mmm bby
going home for the weekend again, so hopefully +progress to be made

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
You used assonance =/

I think I'd like to join (maybe?), but due to RL and all, I don't think that will be possible for a long while D: Plus I've never RP'd before ;.;
HEY THAT'S OKAY rp is good for the soul and imagination. As long as you can think up a character and a situation, you're good.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA

Alessa Gillespie

AKA

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Awesome things have awesome origins. Awesome characters will make for awesome pictures!

CRYPTIC METAPHORRRRR Jenovas' one looks cool too. ;D

EDIT: I also realised I never coloured in the furniture in the picture. +1 FOR LAZY OHHH YEAH

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
So then you're saying...

I should have made an expy of the Boss?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I never said I didn't like your characters :monster: dunno whatchu talkin bout. Androgynous characters are always fun to observe.

(EVA would have been nice :awesome:)

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
NAOTO SHIROGANE IS AWESOME PLZ. :monster:

Don't look at me for EVA, that's Celes' sort of thing.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
mmmm androgyny, something my essay atm leeches off ;.;

i have written personality and appearance atm, going home is good for productivity.

Top Bottom