ThatGuyMikey plays FF VIII

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's not accurate. They have rarer items when stronger -- e.g. one can mug a Lv 30-100 Blitz for a Power Generator while a Lv 30-100 Ochu may drop a Force Armlet.

Well some monsters do. I suppose you're right the majority operate in the traditional sense.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
@The Twilight Mexican

True I agree in most cases higher levels drop better items but there's a few cases where lower levels work better, Grendles as an example need to be below level 30 to drop dragon fangs for Lion heart if you want it on disc 1 but I mean thats the nuttier side of things so kinda an exception really I guess.

Guess there's always Tonberry's level down ability if you really need it.

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
Will get back to this sometime this week. Want to at least see the main story through.

Will also redact my previous statement of FFIX > FFVII. Still love IX but VII is stronger in some departments imo, such as the final boss not being a load of wank.

Ugh, that final boss really tarnished all the gloriousness that went before. I just try and retcon that whole battle from existence, the same way I do Alien 3 and Resurrection...

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I really don't think Necron tarnishes anything. And certainly not to the extent of Alien 3.

It's simply a random and unexpected final boss fight against a monster. That doesn't really ruin or destroy any of the story or experiences of the narrative. The story is far more resilient and well done that it wouldn't be tarnished just by the inclusion of a final unexpected boss fight. It's just a surprise.

Rankles

Pro Adventurer
I really don't think Necron tarnishes anything. And certainly not to the extent of Alien 3.

It's simply a random and unexpected final boss fight against a monster. That doesn't really ruin or destroy any of the story or experiences of the narrative. The story is far more resilient and well done that it wouldn't be tarnished just by the inclusion of a final unexpected boss fight. It's just a surprise.

Well ok, not to that extent, but it’s still a regrettable end to a great game. :) Wouldn’t have been so bad if we’d had some kind of foreshadowing of it, instead of just pulling a big bad out of thin air with zero explanation.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

I agree! Necron also tied into the overall story anyway. It's not like he was some rando boss that had nothing to do with the story

D

Deleted member 13557

So about me getting back to FF VIII:

Long and short of it is I started playing DS1 for the first time ever and that shit grabbed me and refused to let go. Beat it (+DLC) and now I’m playing it again with a different build. Game rules, hard. With the exception of a certain chaotic bed and a very dark tomb, of course ?

I’ll beat FF VIII eventually, even if it’s just for the sake of saying I beat another FF game. Mightn’t be next week, mightn’t be next month, but I’ll do it. Just a bit busy with life and games that are good more for me ?

Top Bottom