• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The American Justice System is fucking retarded

firehahahahahaha

fire master
Ultimately I'd prefer to have a physical media, plus if you buy the cd then you get to experience songs you might not know/heard before etc...

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I want to stab each one of those jurors in the throat for believing such bullshit and that such a settlement was "fair" and "reasonable" for a fucking song online.

I live by Minneapolis, I might be able to do this for you.

I started using iTunes recently and ... well it's legal and cheap. I did this for Rob because, being a software engineer, he's against piracy.

I also had an incident recently where I said, "I will never pirate software again."... but that's a story for another day :awesome:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
That's not very expensive
Like hell it's not very expensive. I could buy a good book for the same price and I'd get much more enjoyment out of it, not to mention publishers are much more fair about author royalties than RIAA labels are about paying musicians so I feel a much larger portion of my money's going to someone who actually deserves it.

if you buy the cd then you get to experience songs you might not know/heard before etc...
You also do that through random downloading.

I still buy CDs, I just don't buy CDs from the RIAA. There's not much good music being released on any major record label anymore anyway.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
if you buy the cd then you get to experience songs you might not know/heard before etc...

The likeliness of discovering new music is approx. 9001% higher if you download than if you buy a legal CD. It's far, far easier to download something to try it out, and it's quite common to see bonus tracks found on international releases of an album packaged together in one download.

When buying CD's, you'll always wonder whether you'll actually like it before you buy it. That limitation is gone with downloading - download first, see if you like it later.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I can honestly say that I will never, ever, buy a US made music CD ever again.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Not even WitTR? :monster:

I would like to note that the various artists that have started to publish their music outside of the record companies are great and just.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
One particularly great fact of modern music is that practically anyone can be their own record company. Thus you have groups like Panopticon, where he makes his own packaging/CDs/recordings/every aspect of music, which is awesome^2 especially given the ideals it's founded on.

Top Bottom