The best music of Crisis Core

Seunia

Dedicated Fan
What is your favourite track in Crisis Core?

These are my favourites: A flower blooming in the slums, Under the apple tree, Moonlight wandering, The price of freedom.
This soundtrack is very well done. Congrats Takeharu! :joy:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Under the Apple Tree and Moonlight Wandering are both very good. SOLDIER Battle, the Anxious Heart, and for some reason the song for the desert missions all go very well. Also, The World's Enemy is a pretty cool remix of One-Winged Angel. It's the most different of all the versions, but more than that it's very eclectic and chaotic which is really cool and pretty appropriate for when Sephiroth flies off the handle.

Lastly, I've gushed on this before, but Fulfilled Desire is probably the best credit roll in the history of credit rolls.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I like Living Legacy a lot. :monster:

Also, Night of Seclusion and Roaming in the Afternoon Sun.
Howling Abominations is also a cool battle theme.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
The Truth Behind the Project, On the Verge of the Assault, An Ancient Hymn Sung by the Water, Howl of the Gathered, and a lot more.

This is my favoirte FF soundtrack because it has a wide variety of music types.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I need to go listen to this again... It's been forever since I've heard it, but I'll post opinions when I do.

X :neo:

Anna825

Rookie Adventurer
Hah, I just liked Ayaka's piece.

I love how she used one English word, for all the sense that makes...

Tina Armstrong

Rockstar
AKA
Fackbito, RedGloves, Eileen Galvin, Saria, Lady Croft
I always love hearing "Wandering on a Sunny Afternoon" when I play the game. It's so fucking catchy. "Under the Apple Three", "Mako City", "Anxious Heart" and "Moonlight Wandering" are also some of my favorites. But still, the whole Crisis Core OST is amazing.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I always listen to Why > Fulfilled Desire > To Be Continued

And occasionally Under the Apple Tree and some of the heavy rock themes

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Fulfilled Desire was quite excellent and it even turned me into a fan of the, I guess, main theme of Crisis Core? But once guitars come in for Aeris' Theme I lose all connection to the song. It just doesn't sit well with me, for some reason.

Other than that, A Moment of Courtesy (the same main theme?) is a really great string piece. Some of the remixes are pretty good, The Mako-Controlling Organization comes to mind.

tebian

FFRadio DJ
Have to agree Under the Apple Tree. Its one of my favorites from the OST but the CD has so many great remakes its hard to say just on.

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
Prelude of Ruin, what a powerful track. The only thing that comes close to One-Winged Angel as far as Sephy related songs go. Shame it isn't longer :/

Last edited:

Gabriel_D

Rookie Adventurer
Really liked a flower blooming...

and.

hmmm.

well during gameplay I hated Price of Freedom. Like. I couldn't stand it. sounded like elevator music.

there. *steps out of the closet*

Well, the one I like least is "A Skyscraper of Iron or Steel", or whatevr it's called, because it reminds me of all those monotonous, monotonous missions through the corridors inside the Plate.

Splintered

unsavory tart
The Burdened. The first time it played I staid in the church longer than I should have just so I could hear the music.

Price of Freedom is also amazing, along with Sky Blue Eyes.

This soundtrack is awesome, I hope he gets to do a main title one day

Z

Zealkin

Fullfilled Desire, Mako eyes, and Flower blooming in the slums, really great pieces <3

Seunia

Dedicated Fan
For some reason, Genesis gets two great battle themes: SOLDIER battle and The beating black wing. Some of the coolest in the game :) Also I like the way how the regular battle theme changes near the end of the game. It´s so fresh all of a sudden :D

C

CiaraLawrnce

Ayaka has amazing voice and I love the theme song. Its unique and special.

Top Bottom