• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Bigger Pom - KupoCon NJ 2.0

Are you going to Kupocon: The Bigger Pom?

• Total voters

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I don’t look good in shorts. I’ve had two knee surgeries and car accident so I’m all self conscious about my scars. I’m a sensitive little flower. :okay:

Just cover me head to toe. It’s gonna be a beacons of Gondor situation over here. :closedmonster:

Channy, just wait until you see the line of scars going up my left leg just from SHAVING. :kermit:

You'll be fine. We love you.

After a slight snag, my holidays have gone through for this next year!

I'll be there from 27th June to 5th July. :awesome:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

200.gif

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I’m still considering this, it would ge fun to go but it all depends on finances. XD

Oh it's not a matter of if. I'll have enough money put away by then to cover your hotel stay and possibly your plane ticket. :kermitu:

I'm not doing this without you. So just... count on being there. Figure out your days off. Whatever you gotta do. I'll help you in any way I can. Money's not an object if it means we can have more of the gang there.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
So, I was looking up rooms at the Robert Treat Hotel just to get a general idea of funds and all that. Hotel information should be available next KupoCast (middle of September) which should hopefully tell us when we'll be able to reserve rooms under the con rate.

That being said, I was looking up rooms to see how many we could cram in one to save monies. Unless we get a luxury suite (which I'm 100% sure the convention rate will not cover) we will have to shack up in a double room (2 beds). I'm unsure if that means there's 2 rooms, or just 2 beds. If it's the later, chances of having a pull-out couch are slim. Regardless, double rooms run about $160-$180 a night. I'm sure the con rate would take that down a bit. Either, rooming with each other means we're all saving money somehow.

I'm just thinking ahead a bit. I want this trip to be awesome for everybody. :joy:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
A double room is probably just two double beds, which, would probably fit fine, I'll just spoon you or Flare, you're both toothpicks. :monster:

But say, the con rate takes that down a tad... but then you have taxes an shit, which takes it back up.. I mean, max we're probably looking at $50/person per night. Which is very doable, conversion rate aside.

Then comes the next question: do we stay there the whole week or try figure out airbnb's before/after?

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Yeah it is two double beds, you can have two people sleep on each one. That's what we did in Seattle and Vancouver.

You should probably only stay in the hotel the weekend, you don't want to spend a whole week in Jersey to begin with but especially if you plan to spend 95% of your trip in New York.

AvecAloes

Donator
Yeeeaaaah, definitely don't stay in Newark the entire time. See if you can find an airbnb in Brooklyn or Jersey City or whatever.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'm with Carlie here: spend the weekend at the hotel, somewhere else for the rest of the week.

Also as she said, we roomed together for the week. I'm good with spooning sleeping with sharing a bed with pretty much anyone. :awesome:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Ok, but here’s my thing: if I fly into Newark, then I’ll be flying out of it. I don’t want to have to pack up all my crap (especially whatever I accumulate at KupoCon), and then move it into an airbnb, and then worry about putting all of that into public transportation to come back to the Newark airport when I fly out. I’m sorry, but it’s just not happening. Last year was bad enough, but that was an error on my part. I’m not trying to give anyone an ultimatum by any means, but I’d rather travel into the city every day and travel back and have my suitcase and all my crap remain in one place.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Oh no, I'm with you there. Absolutely! I'm still having to fly all the way home to England the following Friday night and would much rather stay in Newark than haul all the inevitable merch I'll be picking up from TBP.

Besides, wouldn't it be cheaper to find somewhere to stay in Newark rather than the NYC itself?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I just planned on staying at the Best Western the entire time. :closedmonster:

I mean, it's still pretty far off so of course I don't have a schedule of all the things we (mostly Channy) want to do. I'm 99% sure I'm going to put my dates in conjunction with yours, Ami. Fly in the 27th, fly out on the 5th.

Reactions: Ami

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Im in the same boat as that probably. Do con first and then hang and chill and do other shit after. I mean... I don’t have A HUGE ton of shit I want to do but it is New York so I want to try do the major things (Times Square, Central Park (I know you guys went last time if we could somehow squeak it in it’s be appreciated, if not, I’ll survive), Disney Store/Pokémon center to geek out, Statue of Liberty if possible, and now Coney Island sounds like a blast). I’m not hugely familiar with it so I don’t know how easy these things will be to accomplish but definitely Disney store if it’s something magnificent to behold (lith owes me :monster: )

I’m flexible either way on where we stay and go. I had only mentioned doing Airbnb because I thought it might be cheaper. I don’t know though ?‍♀️ Might not be. But I agree with lith it would be easier to keep our shit in one place, especially if we’re flying into Newark (this is probably where I will end up flying into I imagine?). But I’m easy going enough that whatever makes sense I’ll just say sure. I’m just trying to stay as cheap as possible as my dollar is 27% worthless right now.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
All right folks, it's getting real!

More info on The Bigger Pom at the link:
http://kupocon.com/bgp/

Evening is the Insomnia Crystal Ball. Which is incredibly ironic, as I've been planning an Insomnian-themed outfit for the evening event in Newark anyway. Oh my.

AvecAloes

Donator
God, it's so far away that I odn't even know what to think of it. I mean, if it works out with whatever work schedule/money I have at the time, sure, I'll go, because it's still relatively close to Philly, but I don't know if I would stay overnight anywhere or if I would just drive back home aftewards. I dunnoooooooooo

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Got my tickets sorted as well as my flights.

I land in Newark at 3:40pm on Thursday 27th June!

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
^ Same as Ami

I fly back on the 6th of July, if anyone wants to share room arrangements in New York, let me know!!

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
So is that concrete then? People are landing on the 27th and going until the 6th? I probably won’t book mine right away but I want to get it straight. I’ll be monitoring for deals an such over the next little while.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
So is that concrete then? People are landing on the 27th and going until the 6th? I probably won’t book mine right away but I want to get it straight. I’ll be monitoring for deals an such over the next little while.

Ami is there till the 5th, B said she'd wamt to stay two weeks so she might be there longer then me.

Top Bottom