• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Compilation will be an Orphaned Series After This

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OrphanedSeries

Since we haven't gotten a recent release out of Square concerning the Compilation, it can be safe to say that there will no more apart of the original continuity even though we got a teaser with Genesis at the End of Dirge of Cerberus. The Remake is supposed to be a fresh slate, so it means no more spinoffs to the original.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's not necessarily true. Depending on how well the remake of FFVII does, and the business decision behind it, that may lead them to doing more with the Compilation as is. Considering how much there's gonna be towards making the FFVII remake a multi-episode series, I definitely foresee Square going all out in extracting as much profit from FFVII before moving on.

Things have ceased with the Compilation in regards to Genesis because Square lost the rights to use Gackt's face. So yeah. Hopefully Square learned its lesson regarding modeling fictional characters after real life pop idols :mon:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
That's not necessarily true. Depending on how well the remake of FFVII does, and the business decision behind it, that may lead them to doing more with the Compilation as is. Considering how much there's gonna be towards making the FFVII remake a multi-episode series, I definitely foresee Square going all out in extracting as much profit from FFVII before moving on.

Things have ceased with the Compilation in regards to Genesis because Square lost the rights to use Gackt's face. So yeah. Hopefully Square learned its lesson regarding modeling fictional characters after real life pop idols :mon:

This means Genesis can be exiled from canon. There should be much rejoicing here. I always hated him.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ExiledFromContinuity

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
..That was beautiful, man.

But seriously speaking, Genesis was an interesting SOLDIER-esque foil for Sephiroth. Unlike Sephiroth, who received no redemption (thank god), Genesis was saved by his arch-rival, Zack. He regained his SOLDIER honor.

Genesis probably now spends his free time on Gaia farming apple trees while wearing shitty disguises.

CngmlSD.jpg

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
The main problem with Genesis is that he's a bag of retcons. That, and it made Sephiroth less special than the main game seems to make him out to be.

I would have preferred Genesis and Angeal to just be excellent human SOLDIERs, much like Zack is. Maybe with better brains due to experience and such. Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoyed Crisis Core but... :monster:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
..That was beautiful, man.

But seriously speaking, Genesis was an interesting SOLDIER-esque foil for Sephiroth. Unlike Sephiroth, who received no redemption (thank god), Genesis was saved by his arch-rival, Zack. He regained his SOLDIER honor.

Genesis probably now spends his free time on Gaia farming apple trees while wearing shitty disguises.

CngmlSD.jpg

I don't think he deserved redemption, especially when he didn't seek or earned it. Not to mention getting away with the same crimes Sephiroth did. So, no I am glad Genesis can no longer be used. I do think that Angeal could be used and he could be reimagined from being a rival experiment and just a normal human, who could rival Sephiroth.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

I remain unconvinced that Genesis received any such redemption. He was never shown to be remorseful of a single foul act he committed.

Seemingly wanting to ride Minerva's lance now instead of the spine of that stupid book does nothing to convince me of his becoming a force for good.

Mako said:
Thanos did it first, Thanos did it better. :monster:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I mean his free time, sure. But running diabolical, world endangering schemes that require Weiss/Nero's particular skillset must keep him busy most of the time.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I remain unconvinced that Genesis received any such redemption. He was never shown to be remorseful of a single foul act he committed.

Seemingly wanting to ride Minerva's lance now instead of the spine of that stupid book does nothing to convince me of his becoming a force for good.

Okay, he... Regained his "SOLDIER Honor." Is that better? :mon:

Not necessarily quite so bold as "redemption" but.. Clearly Zack changed something about him.

But guess what? Just like Episode Noctis.. THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW! :desu:

Thanks, Square!

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Okay, he... Regained his "SOLDIER Honor." Is that better? :mon:

Not necessarily quite so bold as "redemption" but.. Clearly Zack changed something about him.

But guess what? Just like Episode Noctis.. THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW! :desu:

Thanks, Square!

Yeah, but like many redemption stories in Naruto it comes off flat.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Square was able to buy Gackt's face once. They can afford to do it if they really want to.

But would they want to?

Gackt's not nearly as much of a draw or worth the effort as he was when it happened. So... I don't really think it'd be worth it.

It was a stupid idea before, anyways. They already used Gackt's likeness for Squall anyways, and they didn't have to pay shit. :mon:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
He has quite the fanbase, and it's an easy way to keep things going. God knows they're considering crazier ideas such as FFX-3.

...FFX-3 or what I like to call, "How to Ruin One of the Best FF Continuities by Adding the Most Bizarre, Hamfisted Series of Post-Game Events for Seemingly no Reason That Everybody Hates." :mon:

Yeah, let's not talk about that.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
If they actually did X-3, keep Nojima the hell away from it. He clearly doesn't want to be connected and will just troll whatever they give him.

I don't want a X-3, but if you do it, burn that book, kick Kojima, and just continue from X-2 in a different way.

Top Bottom