The Compilation will be an Orphaned Series After This

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Could be a HD re release as DLC.

I never had any particular objection to Genesis' existence. Had he been more powerful that Sephy, that would have been a problem, but it makes perfect sense that Sephiroth has peers.

I'm not sure Genesis was redeemed particularly. He achieved his goal of curing his degradation, removing the need for further rampages. AtMaybe the Planet found itself short of Weapons and subcontracted the job.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
That still leaves the problem on what Genesis was gonna do with Weiss's body, though.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I'm gonna go with my headcanon that he's interviewing him for the Weapon job.

Genesis: You have experience?

Weiss: Well, I fused myself with Omega...didn't go so well, but hey, I cured my terminal illness.

Genesis: Nice. Special skills?

Weiss: The ghost of my dead brother lives inside my body.

Nero: Hi!

Genesis: And how do you feel about this?"

Nero: Anything to be with my beloved brother.

Genesis: Alright, well, I have to report back to my boss, but you're obviously highly qualified. We'll be in touch.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Okay, he... Regained his "SOLDIER Honor." Is that better? :mon:

No. :monster:

Mako said:
Not necessarily quite so bold as "redemption" but.. Clearly Zack changed something about him.

Well, he was conscious when Zack got there. Then he wasn't when Zack left. :monster:

It was a stupid idea before, anyways. They already used Gackt's likeness for Squall anyways, and they didn't have to pay shit. :mon:
River Phoenix. :monster:

But it is a stupid concern, yes -- whatever is supposedly Gackt-specific about Genesis's appearance as he's seen in CC could easily be altered slightly to that of Generic Brunette Bishounen #7777 and barely anyone would notice (even fewer would care).

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
No. :monster:

Well, he was conscious when Zack got there. Then he wasn't when Zack left. :monster:

River Phoenix. :monster:

But it is a stupid concern, yes -- whatever is supposedly Gackt-specific about Genesis's appearance as he's seen in CC could easily be altered slightly to that of Generic Brunette Bishounen #7777 and barely anyone would notice (even fewer would care).

As someone said before, the character designs in Final Fantasy have gotten more bland and generic. It's now all about fangirl bait.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Which is still weird because he doesn't really look any different than any other Nomura character.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought this. Genesis' face was generically androgynous in Crisis Core; Dirge of Cerberus used a mix of graphics and live-action in that G Ending, I think.

I don't particularly object to the existence of the character either, but as I grew older and less enamoured with him I found him to be a complete fucking twat. And the way he constantly spoke in poetry lines annoys the crap out of me now. Didn't used to mind it, but now it just bugs me. :closedmonster:

I don't think the compilation with be an orphaned series after this. It's too much to throw away. I'm more inclined to believe that there won't be a direct sequel, something bigger than Dirge. But we'll see how the remake is received. With XV, Square has proven that they're not afraid to milk to cash cow as long as there's a demand for milk. :monster:

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
Glad I'm not the only one that thought this. Genesis' face was generically androgynous in Crisis Core; Dirge of Cerberus used a mix of graphics and live-action in that G Ending, I think.

I don't particularly object to the existence of the character either, but as I grew older and less enamoured with him I found him to be a complete fucking twat. And the way he constantly spoke in poetry lines annoys the crap out of me now. Didn't used to mind it, but now it just bugs me. :closedmonster:

I don't think the compilation with be an orphaned series after this. It's too much to throw away. I'm more inclined to believe that there won't be a direct sequel, something bigger than Dirge. But we'll see how the remake is received. With XV, Square has proven that they're not afraid to milk to cash cow as long as there's a demand for milk. :monster:

There is still a part of me that is always hoping that Genesis gets retconned out of existence, or treated more as a joke.

Top Bottom