• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Lex

Administrator
I got some neat screenshots today

39210_20180731220752_1.png

39210_20180731221130_1.png

39210_20180731221141_1.png

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Been having a lot of fun getting into Savage content lately. Cleared O5s, O6s, and just managed to clear O7s today! :reptar: Looking to do O8s before the next patch drops in September! Ohhhhh boy.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Of course, my biggest question is, "How hard is that to make a working 3D model of?"

They also end up making an entire armor set for all the classes inspired by the winning design, not just the class that the constest was for.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
At the Live Letter, they released the Top 30 Songs as voted by the community.

Top 30 Songs

30 Calamity Unbound
29 Fallen Angel
28 Rise of the White Raven
27 Blackblossom
26 The Mushroomery
25 Metal
24 Lunacy
23 Moebius
22 Dancing Mad - Movement IV
21 Answers - Reprise
20 Beauty's Wicked Wiles
19 Exponential Entropy
18 Night in the Brume
17 Revenge Twofold
16 Fiend
15 Under the Weight
14 Revenge of the Horde
13 Ultima
12 Triumph
11 Metal - Brute Justice Mode
10 Torn from the Heavens
9 Heavensward
8 Equilibrium
7 Locus
6 Oblivion
5 Heroes
3 Rise
3 The Worm's Tail
2 Dragonsong
1 Wayward Daughter

Analysis (because I can't resist)
No, that is not a typo; Rise and The Worm's Tail did tie for third place
8 are from ARR
5 are from SB
17 are from HW
4 are by Umetsu
2 are from previous Final Fantasy games
6 are from the Alexander Raid
13 are from Trials that are not Raids
9 are from Raids (including Alexander)
4 are from other fights (dungeon bosses, story fights)
20 have distinct lyrics, this would be higher if counting songs with ambient voicals
3 are location BGM

So musically speaking, the FFXIV community likes HW music best, prefers fighting music to everything else and is not turned off by their songs having lyrics. I'd say HW having both original music for both raid series and all of its trials helps it's representation a lot. ARR has orriginal music for it's trails and 8-man raids, but not some of it's 24-man raid. SB only has original music for it's trials and neither of its raids.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
How the fuck is Brute Justice not number 1. My top songs are next to each other at 11 and 12 though :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Of the 4 images I picked previously in this thread that cyborg weirdness was my least favourite and I literally only picked it because I knew other people would like it, so I'm a little disappointed. Suppose it could fit the 5.0 Garlemald theme tho

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I've noticed over the course of the Gear Design contests, one of the things they always seem to look for is a design asthetic they've never tried before or isn't in the game very much. They also seem to look for new things to try in terms of armor design. Like... there was nothing in the game that looked like the Skalla gear or Bonwicca gear. All those gear sets added something to the game it didn't have before. And this in that same direction. I think the Gear Design contest winner that looked most like other things in-game was the Tank design winner. And that was the first gear design contest so I'm not going to be that hard on it.

Lex

Administrator
They confirmed it (kinda) during the keynote. YoshiP was wearing a bugs bunny shirt and kept talking about the new race and pointing to it. It was pretty overt. He also confirmed we'd know by 2.5 due to the 24 man raid (which is obviously Ivalice based).

He did say it'd be the last race added to the game, which is fine IMO.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Since it seems like will be exploring Ilsabard (and Thavnair?) primarily in Shadowbringers, I wonder if that means Meracydia will be the focus of 6.0 expansion, and maybe the western New World (the analogues to the Americas) will be the final expansion area (like Seekers of Adoulin was for FFXI)?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Since it seems like will be exploring Ilsabard (and Thavnair?) primarily in Shadowbringers, I wonder if that means Meracydia will be the focus of 6.0 expansion, and maybe the western New World (the analogues to the Americas) will be the final expansion area (like Seekers of Adoulin was for FFXI)?

I dunno, it feels like Shadowsomethings will conclude the main storyline as it was planned from 2.0 onwards; anything after that kinda feels bolted on. Mind you they could just be coming up with a whole new storyline and another five expansions after 5.0 if they wanted to, XIV is still going strong.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I spent all of today helping my FC mate through Anemos and Pagos. I accomplished nothing in 8 hours of the game. NOTHING!! besides making a good start on my second relic weapon but I have 0 interest in completing.

Atleast we can all make a start on Pyros tomorrow.

Lex

Administrator
I got to level 40-something in Pyros then stopped. It's undoubtedly more fun/ interesting than Pagos (which was and continues to be the FUCKING WORST) but since I've been raiding again I haven't been able to justify spending any of my free time in Anemos.

Raiding itself is going OK - I cleared O11S some time in November and have progged a bit in 12, hampered somewhat by the Christmas break and looking for a new static. I'm with a new group now, they're a fun bunch. I'm close to the DRG BiS but the legs from 11 continue to elude me. I have the 400 tome weapon for now until I start clearing 12 for the 405. I've started gearing WHM and WAR with additional dropped gear from savage and extra books, it's funny how quickly you cap your main from the first two raids in a tier and then you're left wondering what to do with the books :/

Obviously hoping to clear 12 before Echo kicks in, it's more a question of availability rather than skill/ damage since the group I'm now running with is more than capable (the group I was running with before was aswell, they just weren't fussed about clearing the tier). Fingers crossed it'll only take a few more weeks :D

Finished up to the end of 4.5 MSQ, really enjoyed the uh, "political" side of the MSQ this patch. Looking forward to seeing what direction 4.55 goes in leading into the next expansion.

I've started doing the unthinkable and levelling all the classes, including the crafters. I've also maxed all the beast tribes, just got some ARR ones left. Once I realised how good the Moogle and Namazu beast tribe quests were for crafting exp, and how easy it is to just craft on your highest level class and hand in as the class you desire EXP for, I started getting them all to 50 then taking turns. I really need to remember to do all the collectible turn ins tomorrow for the weekly aswell, I'm terrible at remembering to do that.

Also how RANDOM is it they've decided to release Mahjong at the Gold Saucer?

Top Bottom