The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I played some of it, but am also really busy this go around. I'll probably just work my way to waiting for release and getting a graphics card next month.

EDIT: Got some time in to spite myself. I'm speed missioning as fast as possible as a pugilist.

Anybody know if we get to keep these characters after this beta? Like, to be used after launch? And if so will we get a chance to tweak appearances or names?

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
All character data in Open Beta is retained, although I believe Square Enix has it in fine print that they will also nuke data when neccessary while shuffling their server shit around. :monster:

Don't think you'd be able to change anything though, lol

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I may just give it a go. TBH the beta feels much like a 'limited' demo, :monster:. But then, that's true for a lot of games. Will it be F2P once it's properly released?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Level (and thus, quest) cap is set at level 20.

Costs a subscription once it starts up

HOE NOES MONEY SPENDING???

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
*more money spending, you mean, I already pay for eve, :monster:

Tried to get in, but:

* My SE account has a 20-character password
* Text entry on a PS3 is utter shite
* My phone's password manager cannot properly render the difference between an I and an l
* after a few attempts it goes LOL NO you need a country of residence, go to some other device and fill shit in yo.

cba for... two and a half hours of gameplay, if that, :monster:. Would be less frustrated if it was on PC.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
yeah dawg you of all people would have a keyboard you can dig up from somewhere and plug in, right? :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I do, but it has a cable, :monster:. I do actually have a wireless one, haven't been arsed to set it up yet.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
You can't plug in the wired one just long enough to put the password in? Or just play on PC for that matter? :monster:

Playing the beta over the weekend...the game's fun. I do want it, I just have such a hard time justifying monthly fees... :( I just don't know

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
The beta ends in a little over half an hour, but it was fun while it lasted. Finally made the grind to level 20 and decided to pack it in from there. It's a beautiful world and has potential, but I just hope they fix those stupid errors a lot of people encountered.

Also, have a slice of Velaria Dragonsoul. :monster:

BSCaXpSCcAET5HK.jpg

DzQYNInuBH

Lex

Administrator
I'm using a wired keyboard, but I sit quite close to my PS3 so it's not an issue for me.

Can I just take the time to say what really shines for me about this game is the party system - the dungeons are so much fun with a proper party! They're just the right length and difficulty IMO, I got my main character to level 20 on the last dungeon I did earlier this morning. My secondary was at level 10 or so :).
'
I've pre-ordered it, so I'm waving bye-bye to Eorzea until Friday. Rin says see you soon:

null_zps333f6a9b.jpg

As a person who hates MMO's on principle I consider myself a convert :D. There's just too much classic FF in this not to love it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, the dungeons are great fun. I had a blast one day in Phase 3 with a great party. Lots of strategery and all that.

So are all you TLS'ers on the same server?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I ended up going on Cerberus and a few others decided to jump on with me. So if you want to join in on that server when early access / launch begins, feel free to do so. :)

Lex

Administrator
Indeed, CERBERUS! It's an EU server but Satsu is also on it <3

I said we should go Shiva because it's further down the list and less people = higher chance of getting in when it's busy, but we can't really take it back now :(. Also I like the idea of logging in to shiva every day. If there's an option to change servers when early access starts on Friday I'll want to change to Shiva.

Helkaweth

Rookie Adventurer
Amazon has a great deal right now on the preorder. If you're going to buy this game, preorder the download from Amazon for $10 in amazon credit, early play, and some in-game items.

I hope this isn't old; otherwise, ignore it heh.

AvecAloes

Donator
Amazon has a great deal right now on the preorder. If you're going to buy this game, preorder the download from Amazon for $10 in amazon credit, early play, and some in-game items.

I hope this isn't old; otherwise, ignore it heh.

Don't tempt me!! :rage:

I actually got to play for a little while this weekend, and I enjoyed it quite a lot. I only had time to get up to level 13, though I was really trying to speed level this morning to see as much of the story levels as possible.

Finding that it's only $30 for the PC version (which I'd want anyway), and the monthly fee is less than I thought it would be just makes it harder to say no, especially knowing that there are so many cool people I could play with...baaaaah.

Lex

Administrator
Only if you're already on the cerberus server/ make a new character on the cerberus server :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
How much do you think the europeans and north americans would get to play together what with time differences? I know we play Uncharted (or Sonic Racing :monster:) bt those are much smaller time commitments.

Lex

Administrator
Well shouldn't you just create characters on the Cerberus servers anyway, just in case? :desu:

That way we'll actually be able to play together when we can, instead of it being blocked out forever. I wouldn't mind creating a character on a North American server, but since Satsu's already on Cerberus it seems like a reasonable halfway point.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Oh I wasn't trying to argue that I want to make a character on a different server, just part of my self-convincing about whether I wanna buy it, lol

Lex

Administrator
Do eeeeeeeeet. I have fun solo too, but I will say my favourite part so far is probably the party battles in the dungeons. They're repeatable, so we could always schedule a time to party up :D.

We're going to need a tank and a healer mind, I think everyone else is a DPS. I'm levelling a pugilist now as a secondary but will probably level a healer too at some point.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Man, I pre-downloaded the whole lot since I was a Phase 3 tester and even the people on Open Beta passes still levelled faster than I did.

/snail

Also,

Final Fantasy XIV Open Beta Breaks Records With More than 120,000 Concurrent Connections, Needs Tanks

lol'd a lot

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director Yoshida here. By the way, it appears that we don&#8217;t have enough marauders and gladiators in Eorzea at the moment. Please pick up the shield to protect your fellow players! Please consider leveling a gladiator or a marauder!

Last edited:
Top Bottom