Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Dawntrail - Summer 2024

F2I837dWsAo2iDg

Last edited:

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Shenanigans trying to play this on ps5 :monsterstoned: Launcher said I had a restricted account tried setting up a new password keeps telling me password is wrong, I try password reset again and try logging into mogstation on my tablet doesn't work, can't log in on game, or mog station or SE account in other browsers. Contacted support and explained the issue. I just want my FFXVI doggo :rabite:

Reactions: Wol

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I'm not sure if this the right place for this. I plan to start playing FF14 for the very first time soon. I have a lot to play it seems.

The beginning seems daunting however. Not sure how to really go about starting. Thinking I'll be a Hyur or an Au Ra (I have watched videos in prep) and perhaps do either a Gladiator, Lancer, or Maurader.

But I'm pretty indecisive about this. Any tips for a first-timer?

Reactions: Wol

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I'm not sure if this the right place for this. I plan to start playing FF14 for the very first time soon. I have a lot to play it seems.

The beginning seems daunting however. Not sure how to really go about starting. Thinking I'll be a Hyur or an Au Ra (I have watched videos in prep) and perhaps do either a Gladiator, Lancer, or Maurader.

You can create your character and start the game to do a quick test run to see if you like your creation. If you don't, delete and repeat.

Apart from this, it's possible to fully edit an existing character if you use a Fantasia potion and certain features like hairstyle and tattoos can be customized after unlocking your personal aesthetician later in the story.

Don't sweat it over your starting class, you can change it very early (it will determine which city-state you begin, not a big deal either).

As you start progressing, it can be overwhelming at first, but just go with the flow and follow your curiosity. There's a lot to cover, but don't cave in to rushing, focus on what you are interested in doing.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator

A couple of things;

The TLS Free Company is on the Chaos datacentre, Cerberus world if you want to hang out with us (it's EU based so might be quieter if you're playing during peak North America times).

The free trial gives you unlimited game time and access, but you're limited with certain things (I think you can't join a free company or chat to prevent spambots).

Gladiator and Marauder are both tanks (I might be biased but Marauder becomes warrior which is hella fun as the game progresses) - if you're not used to tanking in MMO's, I would recommend another starting class. That or ask here/ look up a tank tutorial just for tips on how to hold aggro and handle mobs in the game in content like dungeons.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
A couple of things;

The TLS Free Company is on the Chaos datacentre, Cerberus world if you want to hang out with us (it's EU based so might be quieter if you're playing during peak North America times).

The free trial gives you unlimited game time and access, but you're limited with certain things (I think you can't join a free company or chat to prevent spambots).

Gladiator and Marauder are both tanks (I might be biased but Marauder becomes warrior which is hella fun as the game progresses) - if you're not used to tanking in MMO's, I would recommend another starting class. That or ask here/ look up a tank tutorial just for tips on how to hold aggro and handle mobs in the game in content like dungeons.
To be honest, I’m fairly new to MMOs in general. I have limited SWTOR experience but that’s about it. I’ve always wanted to get into FF14 though because I feel a bit obligated to as a FF fan but I also genuinely want to see and experience the excitement I so often hear from others.

What would be good for a very green player? DPS?

Also, how viable is solo play? I’m not averse to playing with others but I do expect I’ll be playing alone a lot as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom