The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
So three A8S clears later and I've passed my Trial. I'm now officially a member of Solitude. Also luck was on my side last night as I got the Faust minion my weapon from Midas.

IDxptn0.jpg

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Hey, Miscreant, are you playing on Cerberus? If so, have you joined our FC? I am pretty sure I have only seen JechtShot and Cthulhu on in our FC lately (if I am assuming people's forum vs. game identities correctly).

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
If you see Kharagal Merqid on, that's me. Although I've got some really odd hours for being on a European server as I live on the US West Coast.

I haven't been on recently as I've been on vacation.

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
Oh I used to be on Cerberus but I transfered to Ragnarok to join Solitude. If I ever come back I'll join you guys though :)

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
If you see Kharagal Merqid on, that's me. Although I've got some really odd hours for being on a European server as I live on the US West Coast.

I haven't been on recently as I've been on vacation.

Ah, actually I think I had you and Jechtshot mixed up then. My character is Kaylan Greyashe. I was wondering about your location a few times because I thought you were up awfully late if you were in Europe (I am U.S. central time).

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
Yup, my static decided to call it a day after our tank dissapeared. I've always wanted to give serious progression a go so I applied for Solitude shortly after, there weren't really any statics at the level of play I was looking for with hours that suited me on Cerberus.

I really liked that server but I'm enjoying my time in Solitude so far, it's good to be in such a big and active FC where everyone plays to a really high standard. They also do weekly fun events like a full FC 24 man raids, which is pretty funny, and amazingly fast. We also do other raids, challenges and speedkills etc as a static after clearing Midas each week instead of just doing nothing until reset. So yeah it's good to be playing with such an active group of people :)

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
It's awesome I'm loving it so far, the best thing has to be that we get dedicated crafters, I had to write a shopping list for 3.4 of all the food & potions I will use in the new raid, apparently they are also making me a full set of the new crafted gear when 3.4 launches, of course I have to get my own materia for melding it, that's just a little bit too cheeky to expect the FC to pay for that too.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
So I got my PS4 back which means I am able to play FF14... for three more days until my sub runs out. I can't afford to re-up this paycheck but should be good next paycheck. As such I'm making these last couple of days count, not by actually playing the game (silly person you), but by partaking in my hobby of capturing the beautiful vistas of the world.

If you didn't know, I take videos which I share on one of my Youtube Channels where I just have solitary shots of a vista, for purposes of relaxing / enjoying the beauty and whatnot.

I've decided to try a different version of this by doing first person "tours" where I walk in first person through a town. And with the Rising going on there's the lovely fireworks display in the background of these shots.

=== ACTUAL GAMEPLAY TALK NOW===

As always I feel like there is a ton more stuff I am falling behind on. I haven't tackled any of the Savage stuff for Alexander, or the new 3.3 Alex stuff. Haven't delved into the Palace of the Dead yet (I never even got around to Diadem last time playing around). And there's tons of really old stuff that I've never gotten into:

Shit I ain't done:

LOTA / CT / WOR and I desperately want to.

Binding Coil of Bahamut and I desperately want to.

Odin Fight and I desperately want to.

Master Crafter stuffs / collectibles (I have a Level 51 Leatherworker and I have barely scratched the surface of this high end stuff)

Treasure Maps - never done a single one. Not sure if its worth it or not

Weapon Missions - I did the first Relic Weapon questline. I have not touched any of the other subsequent Zenith quests. I began the Anima Weapon in HW but stopped. I don't know it seems like way too much grinding for way too little reward.

Post Moogle - Seems to be mostly for story but the one quest I did for it was LONG af.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Those are some neat videos.

Advice on game stuff:

Palace of the Dead is definetly worth the time you put into it. It takes about 3-5 runs to get a guaranteed iLvl 235 weapon for any class you want and you can play it with any War/Magic class regardless of your level in that class. I found it was a great thing to do with my low level classes to figure out what class I wanted to Lvl up to 60 next. It certainly beats farming Nidhogg Extreme or getting 1,000 Law Tombstones in the time/stress department. And the damage increase from the iLvl 235 weapon helps everything else go faster.

The Crystal Tower raids are still done for the weekly quest and some of the item drops as people need them for Anima weapons (and the glamours). I've found that you can do them just fine though the Duty Finder on Tuesdays-Wensdays when the week resets. After those days, the wait time gets really long. Ironically, those are one of the few raids where it's the DPS classes that usually have the shortest wait time. I'd do those not just for the story, but becasue the dungeon visuals are gorgeous and they have some of the better designed armor in the game.

I've found the best way to beat Bahamut/Odin/Lvl 50 Primal Extreme modes is make an unsynced farming party in the duty finder and be prepared to farm them for a bit. That way way you don't have to go though the duty finder and be synced and can do things like phase skipping, etc. It should be noted that to complete the Bahamut trials you only have to do the last boss of each set.

Weapon Missions... Lvl 50 ones don't need to be done unless you want the glamours (most of which look awesome). Lvl 60 ones just got way easier to do except for the last currently available upgrade (from iLvl 230 to iLvl 240). TBH, getting up the iLvl 230 weapon is a lot more about your Tombstone management skills then anything else. It helps that the main currencies aren't just in Lvl 60 stuff, so even leveling up alternate classes helps. If you're not spending them on other stuff and just doing all the Roulettes, then getting up to the iLvl 230 weapon isn't that crazy anymore. But yeah, it really depends on if you think the glamours are worth it.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Just lettin' you know I am renewed proper. Don't mind me if I'm a wee bit antisocial at first I have to get back into the swing of things and do the latest story missions and Hildibrand quests. Then I'll want to spend some time getting my gatherers/ crafters up. After the story stuff though I will be DTR if you need a hand. (LVL 60 DRG, can handle Alex and Void Ark, but haven't done the Savage stuff (tried A1S and did okay but wiped and half the raid left)). ilvl 215 I think?

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
The raid looks so bloody amazing!!! I can't wait!!! That Ark boss which I' guesing will be A10-11 looks brilliant, and Alexander him self looks massive. I really hope this will be on a similar level of epicness to Final Coil. Only 8 days to go \o/

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Updates...

Got ASTRO up to Lvl 60 and WHM up to Lvl 50. I definitely like Astro better. If nothing's going crazy with boss attacks, etc. then I can have fun playing with card combinations. If crazy damage is happening, Astro has way faster healing then White Mage (Lightspeed FTW) as far as cast times is considered, which is what I tend to prefer. So yeah, I now know what my main Healer class is. Now to get Hyperconductive Denib for it, which really means I just need to crystal farm for it as I have all the other mats already.

Dark Knight is up at Lvl 50. So long as I'm not tanking with idiot DPS classes I can do it pretty well. Doing tanking more then anything else has made me glass I did a DPS class first as I know how most of the boss strategies work. I'll have to get the other Tank classes up to see if I'll main it or not, but currently the MP management isn't driving me crazy even with Dark Arts thrown into the mix.

Currently leveling up BLM so I can get all my Lvl 50 and below mage equips out of my inventory. And I can see why I went with SUM. BLM has a very "rigid" rotation. There's pretty much only one way to do it regardless of what boss you're going up against which for me isn't all that fun. I like my classes to have some flexibility to play around with and BLM doesn't really have any. SUM has flexibility in spades though and most of the fun I have with it comes from figuring out where in the boss' rotation to fit in Dreadwyrm Trance, etc. At least only liking one magic DPS class really simplifies how I set up materia; SUM just wants Crit and Det in that order while BLM wants as much Spell Speed as it can get.

Non-class stuff...

Farmed the ARR Extreme Primals and I have a Kirin mount now! And I totally didn't know that the primal themes play in the background as you ride them. Kirin takes the cake though as it plays the Prelude - Discoveries theme. Other things I still need to get from the ARR primals is Garuda's orchestron roll and Shiva's WHM weapon. Oh, and Nightmare, but that doesn't count.

Almost done with all the ARR Beast Tribe quests. I'll probably finish them today. I have to say, FFXIV did a really good job balancing out the differing factions within the Beast Tribes. I like how the reasons the different races don't mind humans range from indifference to them actually liking them.

New Patch reactions...

The MQ stuff looks good. I can't help but notice that the Warriors of Darkness don't have any Meele DPS classes/jobs or any of the new classes/jobs introduced when ARR launched (Archanist/Roge). It'll be interesting to see what Alphinoud does with everything he's learned over the course of Heavensward now that there's not a formal war going on. He seems to do much better when there's an obvious target to go after, and the Ascians are everything but obvious. And it looks like more Scions have been found...

Most of the battle changes look good, especially the one that resets Action Timers and the changes to auto attacks. The one I find really weird though is how auto-face target is being changed. In one line it says that it doesn't work anymore (which is great because now spells will still work if you're in range and facing the wrong way as you'll automatically turn around). But it also says that now to dodge stuff like Petrification you'll have to untarget the caster as you'll technically still be auto-attacking regardless of what direction you're facing. Although that makes me wonder if it has something to do with range... regardless, that adds a layer of difficulty to some bosses.

It's nice to see stuff from ARR like the Beast Tribes and Grand Companies still getting updates/being expanded on. And I really like how those new PotD weapons look.

Yes! Playlists on the Orcestron! 'cause it gets annoying to have to change the song after I craft a few items, especially as I've now got 30+ songs on that thing. I've been wanting a Random button for a while now.

Looks like it'll be a fun patch.

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
Wow that was a lot to read, the music for the Kirin mount is soo good, Ramuh is my personal favourite out of the ponies but I hate they way they look when they fly so I never use them.

Astro is a lot of fun, definitely the hardest healer to play in endgame content, the massive potencies of White Mage spells allow for so many more mistakes/ much more clutch healing. My favourite will always be Scholar though, it's what I mean and know best.

For my own progression I'm now BiS \o/ which should make transitioning into the new raid easier next week :)
I also changed race from Miqo'te Seekers of Sun to Keepers of the Moon, my character isn't as good looking now but I gained an extra 4 points in Mind (my main stat) and 2 in Piety (also important) Not that this makes much difference :D I will most likely change back after I clear the new raid. I have a new glamour too!!

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2411805/

I also finished the MSQ with my Alt, I just need to get the last 8 levels on my Thm to get Swiftcast and them I'm ready to gear it up at the start of 3.4, the names not so original, but I wanted people to know my Alt was me on FFLogs.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/10485506/

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
I tackled Sohr Khai today - It may be my new favorite dungeon in Heavensward. The Good King Moogle Mog- esque
Chief Moglin
fight was awesome and more importantly not infuriating (like the Good King fight was - Extreme makes me loathe existence). The second boss isn't particularly memorable but I liked the arena mechanics. Even the Demon Wall in the Great Gubal Library (which had a similar long arena) was a lot more open. This one made you use all available space.

But what ascends this into god-like status was the aesthetics, particularly in the final fight with
Hraesvelgr
. The final arena is beautiful and heavenly, overlooking Zenith or something that looks very similar to it.

I then saw the cutscene leading to the end of 3.3 (by the way 3.3 seems to be insanely short story-wise). I attempted the Final Steps of the Faith but we struggled mostly because I and two others were noobs and while I only fucked up the stack attack once the two others (a healer and a DPS) couldn't figure it out. Wiped twice, raid over. I'll have to try that one again later.

My plan is to finish 3.3, then do the Hildibrand quests, then look into the Weeping City and Palace of the Dead. In between time, I've been leveling my alchemist but I'd forgotten how damned expensive it is. May need to sink some hours into my gatherers so I can stop buying this nonsense.

I also celebrated my return to the game properly by re-setting up all my gear sets (thank god 3.3 added an Optimum Equip option) and then spent my newfound long-sitting wealth on some stuff for my house - namely some Orchestrion Rolls (picked up all the night-time ones for the main city-states - my room is set to play A Sailor Never Sleeps - as well as Shelter and a personal favorite Serenity. Can't wait for 3.4 to add playlists so I can create a chill list for my room.)

I also decided to buy a feast for my room -seemed appropriate.

14424959_10157586366785235_9036085702931345399_o.jpg

The aforementioned "feast" - included in the shot are my maidservant and materials supplier and summoning bell is hidden behind the wine. (Orchestrion in the background). My room is chill and ya'll can come in to eat and whatevs. :monster:

14424811_10157585985965235_225123106631370088_o.jpg

My religious outfit - Partisian Crown and Lord's Suikan - makes me look like a far east Pope. And, er, this unfortunate timing with Senor Sabotender here doesn't help the "Pope" comparison.

PS: I'm currently kneeling / praying to the golden statue of Dio Manderville.

Also, my Character data on Lodestone:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/10107861/

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
I did Sohr Khai on my alt two days ago, the DPS wouldn't move out of the lightning blasts or kill the adds on the last boss and I got the blame for them dying. Always the way as a healer ;_; also not having Swiftcast made things harder, I need to get that tonight.

Also GO DO WEEPING CITY!!! It's lots of fun a lot better than The Void Ark :)

Last night I set a new personal best on A7S and am now ranked #16 in the world out of healers on FFLogs for that fight \o/

https://www.fflogs.com/rankings/10#boss=28&class=Healers

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Finally got my Answers music roll. With all the people racing to finish Coil before the new patch I was finally able to get that faded Rise of the White Raven roll. That bastard is 4 million gil on my server. Fuck that.

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
Last night I set a new personal best on A7S and am now ranked #16 in the world out of healers on FFLogs for that fight \o/

https://www.fflogs.com/rankings/10#boss=28&class=Healers

Massive congratulations! That can't be an easy feat, especially given how hard the fight is supposed to be!

Thanks, I just highlighted it on my Twitch, I was actually really lucky with all the mechanics playing in my favour except for the very first one. But damn I noticed a couple of big mistakes in my rotation there, I could have probably got 1k+ if I didn't make them.

Here's the kill vid if anyone wants to see it
https://www.twitch.tv/cdelune/v/90624842

Top Bottom