• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Yeah, Astro got some nice buffs. Nocturnal Aspect is a lot move attractive to be in now. And Redraw shares has the same CD as Draw does. Never mind the buffs Balance and Bole got... Heh, getting the Balance(Bole)/Expanded combo will be a lot easier now and will increase/reduce damage more. The AOE area is nice too.

Other random stuff...

The part of me that plays Triple Triad when waiting for the DF is very, very happy.

The Orchestron changes are awesome.

Given that most of my furniture was of the "destroyed when removed" variety, I'm very glad I won't have to re-buy any of it if for some reason I have to move rooms.

My SUM is of a high enough iLvl to get into all the non-extreme/savage new content.

I can tell it's not the whole patch notes yet. For one thing, they don't have a full list of all the new armor/weapons they've included.

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
Oh we will get the full patch notes tomorrow when the servers are down, early in 2.0 they released them before the servers went down and the markets got abused.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Wife and I are waiting for the update. She's making a brand new character since we finally bought her Heavensward last night and she hadn't played in ages. (She had a level 35 White Mage too but she wants to start over).

Edit: RAGABARGB ARG BARGB ABRJ JFULFO FU FFUCKK FUCJCJCJCJCJCKDKSDJSKDGJSDFKSEDJIOEOEOOOEOOOXOFFJSODNFG

Cerberus not accepting new players. We're refreshing but we are worried. We got up at 8:30 AM for this nonsense.... I have a character on Balmung she might join or we might both make new characters on Zodiark, Moogle or one of the NA Servers.

Ragabarg

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Can't get on yet as I'm away from home, but I looked though The Loadstone to look for item locations/stats/etc... as well as the complete patch notes...

The glamour system rework is nice. Nice to see that it'll only take up seven slots in inventory space instead of the entire page like it used too.

I like how most of the new orchestron rolls are now tied to quest completion instead of random drops and crafting.

The Alexander equips actually look pretty good as far as glamours go. Gordian and Midan were meh (and therefore I didn't farm them).

I find Centurio Seals to be a weird currency to lock old equips behind as it's a tedious currency to get (can only get it though the hunt).

So it looks like the promotions in the GC can only be done if you do squadrons... that's interesting...

Looked at the sub stats on SUM weapons and was left wondering if SE actually knows how that class is payed. All but one of the iLvl 250+ weapons have Spell Speed as one of the sub stats and the iLvl 275 weapon has it as the main sub-stat... Weirdly enough the iLvl 250 DLM weapon as both Determination and Critical Hit on it and no Spell Speed... For reference, Spell Speed is the sub-stat that effects SUM's DPS the least and effects BLM DPS the most... Which means I'm going to be prioritizing getting the ilvl 240 Anima weapon before 2.45 comes out...

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Finally got the wife on Cerberus. Eliza Dreadful, female Au'Ra. She's going Conjurer -> White Mage again. I've been helping her but I need to still finish the 3.3 story content, Mhachi, PotD, before I can move on. Hate being behind and yet am perpetually behind lol. I try not to dwell on it. I start thinking like that and the game becomes a chore.

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
A10S & Sophia EX down today \o/

Sophia Kill Vid

A10S Kill Vid

Finally got the wife on Cerberus. Eliza Dreadful, female Au'Ra. She's going Conjurer -> White Mage again. I've been helping her but I need to still finish the 3.3 story content, Mhachi, PotD, before I can move on. Hate being behind and yet am perpetually behind lol. I try not to dwell on it. I start thinking like that and the game becomes a chore.

It's better to look at it as after a patch gearing up becomes a level playing field. The Tomes reset for everyone so you will gear up just as fast as most players :) in terms of content it just means you have more fights left to experince for the first time, which I think is always the best time, just do what you find fun and make sure you cap your Scriptures each week and you will be on the same level really.

Last edited:

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Forward and back, you go forward and back
Forward and back, everyone must go forward...

Why no, I certainly didn't get the Alexander themes stuck in my head and I definitely did not make a playlist of all six themes to play in the FC house...

MQ: Ahhh... world-building. It is nice to get a break from the rest of the Eorzean Alliance dealing with crazy politics. Although that's probably what the next patch will be all about...

SE worlds tend to either run on Lifestreams or crystals. It's interesting to see what they can come up with when they combine the two. It also looks like they're borrowing the "light and darkness aren't evil; it's what is done with them that is" from Kingdom Hearts. The Ascians probably could have done without the Scions figuring all that out... On the other hand, between the Ala Migan Resistance having Nidhogg's eyes and Nero playing with Allagan technology, the Scions are going to be rather busy...

New Dungeons: Gubal Library (Hard) is a fun dungeon with some very nice callbacks. Do read all the flavor text your first time though, it's hilarious and there's some great tongue-in-cheek humor on SE's part. The boss' mechanics also fit nicely in with the whole "library of forbidden knowledge" theme. It's probably going to be one of those dungeons that I'll be excited to see when it pops up in the roulette.

Xelphatol is okay. Not the most annoying dungeon to do, but it's not anything special either. It's kinda like the Ixal version of Neverreap.

Alexander: Serious kudos to the art team. The final fight with Alexander Prime is one of the (if not the most) visually impressive fights in the whole game. And the mechanics of the final phase really sold that he was the primal of time. Savage is going to be... *faints*

Sophia: If Sephirot is Titan 2.0, Sophia is Leviathan 2.0. It'll be interesting to see what changes in Extreme mode.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
Just beat Alexander, and am now Gold Dancing so hard to the Brute Justice theme in my apartment.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Forward and back, you go forward and back
Forward and back, everyone must go forward...

Alexander: Serious kudos to the art team. The final fight with Alexander Prime is one of the (if not the most) visually impressive fights in the whole game. And the mechanics of the final phase really sold that he was the primal of time. Savage is going to be... *faints*

Yes, I really enjoyed that fight. I especially enjoyed it because they found a way for us to fight Alexander as the last boss, or a mini version at least. I was worried that, since these took place inside Alexander, that they wouldn't work out a way for us to fight Alexander himself. Although, now that I think about it, a fight outside of and against Alexander itself, such as fighting it while aboard an airship or something, might have been even better.

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
I love the fight but the forward and back music annoyed me after a while :/

Ct33P30WcAAP22p

We killed the Savage version today and I ranked No.1 out of all of the healers from my server on FFLogs for the fight, I'm on the same server as the world first group so I'm pretty hyped.

Here's the kill video too
https://www.twitch.tv/cdelune/v/92863068

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
That's the normal fight I haven't managed to get my weekly loot on yet... ^^;

The only mechanic I'm still having trouble with as a DPS is figuring out what to do with Prey...

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
That's the normal fight I haven't managed to get my weekly loot on yet... ^^;

The only mechanic I'm still having trouble with as a DPS is figuring out what to do with Prey...

As in when he targets you and jumps down, you just hide from the party behind the big bomb thing. I though the was only a tank mechanic but then I've only done normal twice so far :/

Edit: oh you mean A12, just stand loose from the party and let both missiles hit you alone, there's not much splash damage from them either. Make sure the healers have topped you up before joining the stack mechanic, not that you need to we take it with only 5 people in savage.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Neither of those prey mechanics... on normal A11 there's two attacks with targeters. One is GT-100 which only targets the off-tank. The other is just called Prey and has a red version of the Dive-Bomb target over your head. So far I've only seen it target DPS and it only comes up in the second phase. It does three large AOE attacks and so far it seems like it's up to the healers to deal with it (shield/regen/etc.). It's pretty much an automatic KO though as healers never know to do anything about it.

All that to say, I don't think I've seen a fight at A11 work without Healer LB3... there's just so much to dodge in that one...

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
My wife and I faffing about. I'm her sugar daddy.

14601066_10157650201130235_7956440398089216193_n.jpg

14500634_10157650196460235_6165954475727427259_o.jpg

14589874_10157650191740235_7180152985872652030_o.jpg

14525211_10157650181630235_6277747070205984136_o.jpg

14567442_10157650177295235_5560601745235258757_o.jpg

14590157_10157650171420235_6027979436008417717_o.jpg

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
Currently trying to catch up on all the Alexander I've missed all of the 3.2 raid as I stopped playing for a while. Currently 70 minutes in to queuing for A7...... Yep.

On a much better note, the Wondrous Tails has meant I've been able to clear almost all of the Ex primals up to 3.4 so I'm happy with that.

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
Yeah I have no clue about that prey mechanic, I will be running normal later to gear up my Monk, when I do I will keep an eye out for it.

Got a new PB last night \o/ 9th in the world out of all healers for A11S \o/

cBsdZ6i.png

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Finally finished the 3.3 final raid....

The feels... ;_;

JechtShotMK9

AKA
Kamiccolo9
So, 3.4 Spoilers below.

spoilers

Spoilers

SPOILERS

Ok, so I know I can't be the only one who was a bit, perturbed, when the Super Special Awesome Plan to Destroy Nidhogg for Good was.....to chuck his eyes off a bridge? I'm like, "sure, nothing bad will EVER come of this...."

Well, 3.4, thank you for at least addressing this. Oops. Maybe they should have found a taller bridge.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I'm chalking that up to the "get Nidhogg's eyes out of Estinien asap" factor. If you go with the assumption that you're not going to kill the person the eyes are possessing, then there's a bit of a time crunch involved in getting the eyes away from them... I'm going with the head-canon that if the WOL had killed Estinien (or he killed his possessed self), then the eyes wouldn't have made their way to the Asciens, or at the very least, the Asciens would have had to go though the WOL and Co. to get them.

JechtShotMK9

AKA
Kamiccolo9
So....got a little bit drunk today, and ran around in a Snowman suit giving i139 gear to sprouts. Now I've got a headache.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
So....got a little bit drunk today, and ran around in a Snowman suit giving i139 gear to sprouts. Now I've got a headache.

There must have been some vodka in that old tin flask they found...
For when Jecht tipped it back and sipped he began to dance around...
Oh Drunky The Snowman, this joke has run on too long...

:monster:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Today I did something I've been literally waiting over a year to do - I got into the Labyrinth of the Ancients.

Of course the fight was 10,000 times easier than it was in its heyday of course, and even many of the mechanics were ignored, but it was still a beautiful raid and I get access to Syrcus Tower (and eventually WoD) which are even cooler.

Now to see if I can get some people to join me for the damned Coils of Bahamut - the OTHER thing I've been waiting for a year on. I tried Turn 1 Solo with undersized party. Wasn't quite there, lol.

Top Bottom