The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.0]

Tetsujin

Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah
AKA
Tets
Just finished the second trial

Shiiiiiiiieeeet, we get to do a trial with the Scions?!?

This is awesome not only for story reasons but also because lol no queue wait times as it's in the middle of the night for me :'D

That music! This bombastic arrangement of Answers...damn! Can't wait to look at the OST credits whenever it's out but this sounded like Yoshitaka Suzuki. That man is a beast when it comes to orchestral arrangements and shit. Would bet at least 4 bucks it was him. 5 even, I feel generous.

Fight felt like it took forever, I actually wiped once despite the fact this gives you three extra lives lol whoops

During the crystal phase, even a bunch of the Scions got KO'd briefly somehow. I noticed some of them intentionally make mistakes so that you have to think for yourself a bit. Most of the time in the dungeon boss fights you can just follow where the Scions stand and it's safe but here it didn't seem to be the case and they occasionally get hit by telegraphed mechanics too.

God, I hope that means I can take them into the final boss as well then. With where the story is currently going, it's gotta be the case. Wouldn't feel right now to do it with randos!

I gotta air my annoyance too, that second half of Labyrinthos where you have to do a bunch of chores sucked mostly because...what the fuck is that music? It feels entirely mismatched as it seems more like "exciting cutscene"-style music but it plays over you doing regular MSQ tasks like talking to a bunch of people and carrying crates around. It's such a short loop too so it becomes very repetitive and annoying fast and this section can last an hour or two or more. I actually muted BGM for this part. Never have I done this but the music here got so damn grating. O.o
This needs to be patched lol
I know it's intentional but...fix it please :')

Wol

Saving a Lost Future
AKA
Dawn Warrior
I can confidently say this is the best expansion story-wise just by the sheer amount of grand events that happens. By level 84 quests, it already feels like a worthwhile ending of a 10-year arc.

I'm still doing 86 quests and the 5th zone is further solidifying this opinion. There's so much, I don't know how some managed to finish it in 1-2 days.

A few impressions:

- It starts slow but goddamn they make sure to build up every detail. The worldbuilding is insane.
- like in Shadowbringers, the interaction between Scions is the best it has ever been and being able to walk with them around town is awesome.
- Found the secondary npcs to be charismatic. Nidhana, Erenville, Jullus, Matsya.
- There's room for improvement, but the duties have been pretty great so far, mainly in Garlemald... that was tense. I hope they keep varying the duties.
- Amazing OST, Sharlayan day time, Thavnair night time, Garlemald, sub-boss theme, and Mare Lamentorum are the hightlights.

Really can't wait to see what's in store in the next quests!

Last edited:
I gotta air my annoyance too, that second half of Labyrinthos where you have to do a bunch of chores sucked mostly because...what the fuck is that music? It feels entirely mismatched as it seems more like "exciting cutscene"-style music but it plays over you doing regular MSQ tasks like talking to a bunch of people and carrying crates around. It's such a short loop too so it becomes very repetitive and annoying fast and this section can last an hour or two or more.
I turned my mount music back on for this part :awesome:

Tetsujin

AKA
Tets
I still want to write down my detailed thoughts of EW...eventually....:wacky:

Anyway, being the soundtrack nerd that I am, I always try to figure out who was involved with which track. I suspect the music for the Endwalker trials were done by Suzuki and looks like at least the first one is confirmed by the man himself :monster:

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i started playing the free trial at the new year (base game and first expansion up to level 60 with no time limit), but:

- when i log in i have a counter showing number of days valid
- i was invited to and able to join a free company
- i have hired a retainer

i was under the impression that you shouldn't be able to do the later two during the free trial. i haven't tried things like sending letters or making a linkshell. i got messages saying i didn't have permission to use certain features which i assumed were because of the free trial, but now i don't know if that was because i wasn't far enough in the main quest. because one of those features were hiring retainers and i have one of those now. so i don't know if it is the free trial i'm playing now. i was going to try some other restricted stuff like the /shout command or something to test it next time i play.

i logged into the mogstation site and it says my account type is normal and i'm apparently on the standard course plan set to expire at the start of february. i don't know if that's what the trial is meant to say or i'm not actually on the trial. i played the relaunch second beta on the ps3 whenever that was so maybe that discounts me from using the free trial, but i don't know why i'd have 30 days to play? i've never bought the game and don't remember paying for a subscription.

i'm going to try to finish the main quests before the end of the month (
i'm up to joining a grand company after ifrit
) just in case it does stop there. although i am thinking of buying it because i'm enjoying it. i would be further in the main quest if i did keep getting distracted by other stuff and now i'm a higher level as a miner than i am in my starting class of archer (for which i still haven't unlocked the advanced class because i haven't done enough main quest missions).

although i was considering getting the latest expansion (which includes the previous 2 as well?), i don't think you can actually play it without getting the starter/complete set (which would include all the expansions?)?? which isn't for sale at the moment so if i can't play it at the end of the month i guess i'll have to wait. also i don't even know if i'd be able to pay the subscription since both my accounts are for a different region than where i live and idk if they would accept payment. i've seen conflicting things about getting crysta with foreign cards, might end up having to go with prepaid cards if it doesn't work

Tetsujin

AKA
Tets
You don't have the free trial, you have the starter edition (that is, the full base game+Heavensward) which comes with 30 free days and then requires a subscription. When did you get it? Because sometime back in 2020 they actually offered the Starter for free for a short period.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
that might be it then. i don't remember getting the starter edition, but i don’t remember if i even got the free trial now. just that i added the ps5 upgrade to my account. i will have to check my purchase history.

at least i can buy and use the new expansion if that’s the case.

edit; yep, found a receipt for the (free) starter pack in may 2020. bit disappointed because i was hoping to play casually for arr and hs, now i will have to pay money to resubscribe instead. although i guess i saved on not buying the starter pack so that’s something

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
is cerberus one of the worlds? i went on zodiark because that's just the one it defaulted to. i'm sure you can move worlds but with some restrictions? i might move if there's any housing available there, i haven't seen any free on zodiark

i am enjoying the mmo aspect of the game more than i expected to (got invited into a party and defeated lazy laurance today), but i am constantly worried that i will do a dungeon and get paired with real hardcore players who will be annoyed with me and i will feel bad. i still not know how you nominate people for mip or use limit breaks (there were how-to screens but they showed up in the middle of a dungeon so i didn't get to read them properly). but it's nice to just be walking around and help some random person out.

i'm trying to learn different systems better. going to be looking at macros next.

although i randomly found myself on a guide to japanese terms for english speakers on a japanese server but half the time i didn't understand the english terms either. which is another worry about doing dungeons and people saying all these terms and i'm clueless.

AKA
hitoshura
might make the jump and move to cerberus, if that’s where everyone else is and you promise to join me in dungeon runs where we take it slow so i can explore (missed the boss on my last one because i was watching the cutscene)

abigail

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Abbie
you can get an apt in the FC mansion, since a house-house is pretty hard to get anywhere right now. and there is a chocobo stable there too so you can train your buddy

and also hang out for general hijinks

AKA
hitoshura
damn i better find out how to move, i want a place to put all my stuff and train my chocobo

edit; damn home world transfer service is down, i guess i had time to cut ties to my current world while i wait for it to be restored

Last edited:
damn i better find out how to move, i want a place to put all my stuff and train my chocobo

edit; damn home world transfer service is down, i guess i had time to cut ties to my current world while i wait for it to be restored
I think you can queue it so that it'll transfer you over when a spot is available, but with the congestion etc just now the transfer service goes down a fair bit. It should be up again soon :)

Ping one of us a message on Discord when you join and we'll get you invited.

AKA
hitoshura
now i have to remember my discord login

i read that it starts again on the 26th? so i will be trying to cut ties to my current home world. i feel bad about leaving my free company for some silly reason, it's not like i interacted much with it and it was just a random invite. maybe i'll leave some items or something as a parting gift lol

one of the things i read was that you need to take your chocobo back which i found a bit unclear, is that withdrawing from the races?

i took part in the odin fate yesterday. everyone else was level 70~90 and i don't think i pulled my weight (had to get revived like 6 times) but i'm glad i took part. it was fun waiting and seeing how many people showed up to take part

AKA
hitoshura
is it a good idea to have every gatherer and crafter job on one character? i mainly want to be able to make things without having to use the market board all the time

although i have been making decent money selling stuff and undercutting the competition. if only it were that easy in real life

is it a good idea to have every gatherer and crafter job on one character? i mainly want to be able to make things without having to use the market board all the time

although i have been making decent money selling stuff and undercutting the competition. if only it were that easy in real life
Yeah you can (and should) do everything on one character. People do still have alts for one reason or another but most people just do everything on one character.

AKA
hitoshura
i was mainly planning on keeping to archer/bard for combat but opening up all the crafter/gatherer ones. i'm a bit concerned about my inventory space since i've been regularly hitting the limit, i have two retainers and they're both pretty full and there's no space in my chocobo bag. so i was kind of hoping learning to craft everything would mean i can use up a bunch of these materials

i tried looking it up and there's something about using alts for endgame stuff and to get around some kind of cap on something? i didn't really follow it tbh, i am happy to focus on bard for battles and getting even more fruity outfits

Top Bottom