The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
Damn thats a lot of progress, good work.

Which Server are you on by the way? If it's Cerberus and you need any help, feel free to give me a shout.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Damn thats a lot of progress, good work.

Which Server are you on by the way? If it's Cerberus and you need any help, feel free to give me a shout.

Yup i hopped over to Cerbs for HW and am in the TLS FC. Same name as on here Jason Tandro. friend me!

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
Nice, my characters name is Clair Delune, I will be online later this evening if you want help with anything.

Also guys.....3.2 HYPE!!!!!

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
Haha I definitely agree, Moonlight Sonata is beautiful, personally I prefer Chopin over most. Sadly Etude Opus 25 No. 11 (Winter Wind) doesn't translate into a name quite as well as Clair De Lune. :D

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Hyyyyype. Oh damn the second phase of the primal fight looks intense as anything :closedmonster:

Oh, and Hildibrand is back. Excellent! ^_^

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
It looks like its going to have "Fierce Battle" from FFVI in phase 1, that's what it showed in the trailer anyway.

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
New Primal mounts!!!

JP20160216_01.jpg

Ravana

JP20160216_02.jpg

Bismark

http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001363.html

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
There's a nod to David Bowie in one of the new dungeons, The Anti-Tower.

chMwWFwh.jpg

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
The new Alexander raid is awesome, already got all of my drops this week, now working on melding up the 220 crafted gear for when we start on the raids this weekend.

Loved Sephirot and the new dungeons too, going to work on Sephirot Ex tonight :)

There's a nod to David Bowie in one of the new dungeons, The Anti-Tower.

I noticed that right away :D

How did you guys find the first boss of Amdapore City HM?

Last edited:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I got up the A4! (I'm so fucking behind)

Me and Joe ran it yesterday with disastrous results (We got him down to literally 1% but the Tanks stopped doing their tactics because they wanted to burn the boss down and we just didn't have the DPS to pull it off.

I oddly never wound up in Quarantine though. What are the parameters for that?

But yeah anyways i183 now, so after clearing 3.2 MSQ I'll be pushing on with Ravana EX, the Alex cycle of course and assorted roulettes to get Eso so I can get into Void Ark and Thordan EX. Also I want to try out the Diadem.

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
I'll be online later, if you want any help feel free to give me a shout, I actually wouldn't mind doing a bit of Gordias story mode for loot to Desynth.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
One of the reasons I stopped playing FFXIV: The online component scares me. :monster:

I must admit this often applies to me as I generally am a single-player kind of guy though I've had some great experiences with other players (i've had some shit ones too, but it's an MMO, you expect that).

My alt character on Balmung (a heavy RP server in the Americaland) actually attended an RP Garden party and it was pretty sweet. My character is a sort of dopey scholar type- jack of all trades and whatnot. He was nervously mackin' on this one girl and sech.

I really can't wait for my wife to start playing again so I can actually mack on somebody who I'm actually able to do stuff with. We RP on the reg but I don't know if she's up for it while playing. We shall seashells. All I know is if we do get her to Lv 50 and we do the in-game wedding y'all better attend!

(PS: My main cleared Void Ark, A5-8, though no savage yet. Still no joy on Diadem and the 2.0 Raids / Coil but I'm ever vigilant and trying. As I mentioned I have an alt who I'm doing this equal-leveling thing I started with my abandoned character Aliceis Butz, but he's doing much better. Level 20 in EVERY class (including DoH and DoL) and a Level 25 Gladiator to boot. I'm actually getting somewhat good at Tanking, but still a noob. DPS is my comfort zone.)

10270723_10156763685130235_7031742099163555193_n.jpg

1929761_10156769453630235_1345692093560168669_n.jpg

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
MMO's are generally kinda shit as single player games though, and most players play to get to max level or whatever other objective they have, so idk, :monster:

Actually, name me single player games with MMO mechanics. I think Kingdom of Amalur or whatever it was called tried it. IIRC it didn't do too well.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Lol Alisaile and Alucard... er Alfinaud look pretty much the same.

Atticus

Kissed by Fire
One of the reasons I stopped playing FFXIV: The online component scares me. :monster:

lol those comics are hilariously accurate. And pretty much detail my entire time on ffxiv.

The only difference is I almost quit playing around lvl 30 because I chose tank class for some reason as my first class. People who get nervous multiplayer especially with randomly matched teams should not start out as tank. Be archer instead. Its the easiest class and you rarely draw enough aggro to steal away mobs from the tank. Switching from tank class to dps class changed the game for me and now I'm lvl 50.

edit: Also since this was my first mmo, I was completely unfamiliar with dungeon/raid structure playing and had to read a lot of stuff online to understand my role was even tank. Luckily I did that before the first dungeon. But now they have the newb training dungeons that really help and give good armor too.

tldr; switch to archer.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
My little sister started playing: Jokstica Relanah. I invited her to the Company for solidarity's sake. We just tackled Copperbell Mines today.

Top Bottom