The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
@The Twilight Mexican
The funny thing is... we already know what the 8-man Raid series is for *after* the 6.0 MSQ.... and it's... called Pandemonium... and features *Lahabrea* as the cover art.

Or at least, an Ascian with half of Lahabrea's power sigil over his face... so uh... I don't think the Ascians are as gone as we think they are...

FFXIV_PUB_Announcement_Showcase_25-1024x576.png

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Lol at his interview story.

Man, that was great. Alex and Husky are talented musicians and deserved this recognition. Soken is really in the higher echelon of music composers, and seems to be a down-to-earth and charismatic guy.

Also he has tank anxiety, it's one of us!

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
FFXIV trailers are always to the effect of "remember why you play this game!" And then proceed to show you tons cool stuff that actually means a lot to the lore/story people that still manages to be flashy.

Literally me: Yey! NeiR hacking world! It's the Terminals! Oh shit, it's a *gestalt*... That's... Tiamat... talking Estinen... oh shit. She's *out*. And... duking it out with Lunar Bahamut... yeah... that's... that would be a really good reason for her to finally free herself from Azys La. Well played Ishikawa.

And that's just like... from this pic...
unknown.png

The crazy part being... FFXIV's cut-scene team is *really good* at not spoiling what shouldn't be spoiled for maximum plot effect. So if this is the kind of stuff they are putting in the *trailer*... What are they holding *back* for the actual patch release?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I remember there was a time when I was all anxious about multiplayer content and just standing in front of Sastasha for an hour thinking "ohgodohgod I have to play with other people?!"

And now I casually hop into a 24 people raid just for fun :wackymonster:

Got some gear out of it too, yay~
I'm gonna keep my scouting goggles from the Alexander raids, they fit the Nier Automata vibe and the scouting hood from the actual Nier set looks a bit meh tbh
The chestpiece looks neat though

Rkd7GIo.png

5Fc304D.png

M0gIf0g.png

The YorHa type 53 striking and maiming sets look even better, I envy classes that can use them :sigh:
Hope I can get my hands on the actual 2B gear at some point.
There are too many outfits in this game, how are 15 slots in the glamour dresser ever gonna be enough? :@

RDDsmqL.jpg

tfhfzrq.png

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So I was pretty stoked to play brand-new content where no one knows what to do and everybody's on the same level. The Diamond Weapon trial and the final Nier alliance raid did not disappoint!
The raid especially. Such a different experience from all the other ones. A few deaths and wipes while figuring out the various mechanics, was a fun learning experience all the way through.

And they even included the hacking shooter minigame thing from Automata. And that final boss mixing Nier music with the FF theme...*chef's kiss*

Surprised at the lack of Birth of a Wish though. We shall not BECOME AS GODS in FFXIV :(

I think this might have been one of my favorite experiences in the game so far. It's just refreshing not having that pressure to feel like you need to be familiar with the content in advance. Everybody's a newb and we're all learning together! Fun times.

Also, doing fresh content on the first day is a hilarious experience as the game turns into Where's Waldo around the quest NPCs:

RSq8vTw.jpg

As for the PS5 version: Slightly disappointed that the 4K option is 30 - 40fps. I feel like this game should be able to run at 60 on PS5. So if one prefers 60fps you gotta stick to 1440p...which is the same as on the PS4 Pro. So no change for me there. The UI being a bit higher res is nice I suppose =P

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
So they dead ass dropped a Seed of Destruction into Eorza that sprouted the Red Girl Terminals who then merged with 2P to become a giantess Intoner/Machine Lifeform fusion that fought you in the copy of the ruins of Shinjuku...

Or maybe it was the Cathedral City.

Either way.

Holy shit.

And I never knew I wanted Kaine's Theme merged with the FF prelude. That was incredible. This crossover was amazing.

This low-key solves the mystery of what made the Machine Lifeforms so unique. It's been hinted at but now we know 100% that they've somehow digitally merged with everyone's favorite cult. I'm just surprised we didn't get any giant flesh eating babies this time.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
So they dead ass dropped a Seed of Destruction into Eorza that sprouted the Red Girl Terminals who then merged with 2P to become a giantess Intoner/Machine Lifeform fusion that fought you in the copy of the ruins of Shinjuku...

Or maybe it was the Cathedral City.

Either way.

Holy shit.

And I never knew I wanted Kaine's Theme merged with the FF prelude. That was incredible. This crossover was amazing.

This low-key solves the mystery of what made the Machine Lifeforms so unique. It's been hinted at but now we know 100% that they've somehow digitally merged with everyone's favorite cult. I'm just surprised we didn't get any giant flesh eating babies this time.
You mean they dropped it into Norvrandt, not Eorzea, remember the Nier raids take place in the First not the Source.

Also I can’t telling if I loved or hated by how little was directly explained to the player of what the f*** was happening plot/lore-wise with the Nier stuff. Feels like the English localization even lampshades that by having one of the WoL’s dialogue options to Anogg be something along the lines of “you owe me a bunch of explanations after this!”

Wonder how much the weekly quests stuff will add lore/story-wise as an epilogue?

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So I noticed the PS5 version actually has worse framerate than the PS4 when played on PS5 on both 1440p and 1080p. I guess it is a beta so hopefully this'll be optimized eventually.
Also, there seems to be an issue with PS5's new HDR mode "on when supported" because the screen stays HDR even though FFXIV doesn't support it.

Top Bottom