The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.15]

I was at a friend's wedding last night, and several of the guests were members of his XIV raiding party. So of course, they recreated a boss fight in the form of interpretive dance partway through the night. This was pre-planned. There were props.

I've never played XIV so I will probably get the terminology wrong here, but I believe it was the Alexander fight? There were two people with big pictures of robots bobbing about either side of the dance floor, and the others did a lot of arranging of themselves back and forth with pieces of rope. At one point there were lightning bolts, and a cat which I'm told was a time traveller. There was music from the game playing that was definitely giving people cues of what to do next.

It was completely incomprehensible but very glorious.

Last edited:

SoZettaSlow

Hackermens extraordinaire
AKA
Yoshikage Kira
I was at a friend's wedding last night, and several of the guests were members of his XIV raiding party. So of course, they recreated a boss fight in the form of interpretive dance partway through the night. This was pre-planned. There were props.

I've never played XIV so I will probably get the terminology wrong here, but I believe it was the Alexander fight? There were two people with big pictures of robots bobbing about either side of the dance floor, and the others did a lot of arranging of themselves back and forth with pieces of rope. At one point there were lightning bolts, and a cat which I'm told was a time traveller. There was music from the game playing that was definitely giving people cues of what to do next.

It was completely incomprehensible but very glorious.
You didn't catch this spectacle on video?

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
Should be a simple question, but is it possible to use a PS4/5 sub on PC or do I need to purchase the entire game again, and/or create a new sub?

Some of the wording on the PC download almost implies you can use your existing sub to activate it, but would that be a PC sub only?

I suspect I at least have to purchase again, but I don't want to if I don't have to; and if I cant use my characters from PS4 I probably wouldn't bother anyway.

Wol

Saving a Lost Future
AKA
Dawn Warrior
Should be a simple question, but is it possible to use a PS4/5 sub on PC or do I need to purchase the entire game again, and/or create a new sub?

Some of the wording on the PC download almost implies you can use your existing sub to activate it, but would that be a PC sub only?

I suspect I at least have to purchase again, but I don't want to if I don't have to; and if I cant use my characters from PS4 I probably wouldn't bother anyway.
You need to buy a PC version and you can use the same character as long that you use the same account, in summary. I think you need to do a char transfer though, don't remember.

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
You need to buy a PC version and you can use the same character as long that you use the same account, in summary. I think you need to do a char transfer though, don't remember.
Thanks, makes sense. I'll dig into it a little more about char transfers.

Tetsujin

Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah
AKA
Tets
PC requires a separate license. You don't need to transfer your character as that is bound to your account to begin with but system settings and UI/button configurations etc have to be backed up and transferred specifically if you wanna use them across both platforms

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
PC requires a separate license.
Yeah, I presumed this was the case, just wanted to make sure.

You don't need to transfer your character as that is bound to your account to begin with but system settings and UI/button configurations etc have to be backed up and transferred specifically if you wanna use them across both platforms
Thanks, this is the big one for me. I don't want to lose progress if I platform switch.

Top Bottom