• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Lex

Administrator
Oh wow. I would have died.

Anyway, I played for about half an hour before the server went down lol. Unlocked all the new classes and did my new job quest and 5 main story quests. Halfway to level 51 hooray!

Expected the server issues so it's no big, will be able to get back on shortly.

Lex

Administrator
Alrightey, got a good few hours in today.

Got from level 50-53 and finished the first dungeon, Dusk Vigil, It wasn't anything special. Unlocked the flying mount and all of the aetherial currents (things you have to collect before you can fly in an area) for the Western Highlands and Dravanian Forelands, flying is funnnnnnnnn. Need to remember to do my level 52 job quest as soon as I log in tomorrow for the AoE crit increase, woop.

Made a small dent in the main story. I mean, I did a shitload, it just doesn't feel like a shitload right now XD.

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
I just got to 51. It looks like the server just crashed, though. I can't get back in and other Cerb people on Reddit are saying it's down. Will just keep trying. So far I am enjoying the xpac. I unlocked the 3 new jobs. Surprisingly, I was most interested by Astrologian, even though that one seemed least interesting to me. I don't really like healing though, so I doubt I will actually play it much. The skills you start with for Dark Knight are not much different from what I have as a Paladin, so I am interested to see how different it becomes after getting a few more skills.

Also, I can spare some gil for the airship workshop whenever we get around to getting that. I have around 2.5m gil ATM.

AvecAloes

Donator
So I bought the game through that greenmangaming link that someone posted a few pages ago. They sent me an email with the early access activation code, but...how do I actually use it? Where do I put it in? There was a "Download URL" link, but it just kept taking me to a 404 error page.

Halp?

I'm downloading the update right now through the launcher, at least.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Yeah I had the same problem as well lol.

Ended up trying to input the key in the wrong redemption page and almost had a heart attack when it kept on failing lol.

Lex

Administrator
I got to level 57 today and did the 4th dungeon, which btw is awesome and is followed by a MSQ that somehow managed to hit me in the feels XD.

Oh, and it's a really good thing I have friends online who are tanks, because the solo DPS queue times are upwards of 3 hours. That's not an exaggeration. On the other hand, DPS is now occasionally the adventurer in need in the roulettes due to everyone levelling DRK.

Level 56-57 was a bit of a grind tbh. I'd exhausted all of the side quests and still had about 500,000exp to go, I did a couple of roulettes.

My rotation is mayhem. Battle Litany is the best group skill ever made, and you're all welcome for its existence (you'll understand at level 52) but in trying to time that in appropriately with blood of the dragon and the level 56 move, which is the DRG's first semi-random proc... It's chaos tbh. I've taken to fitting in two skills between GCD's. I'm hitting insane numbers but I'm unable to tell if they're average or better yet because gear and other raisins.

Anyway enjoying myself XD

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I only got to 53 on my bard but so far I'm not feeling the changes.

They didn't change a whole ton to the kit it was really minor changes but everything just feels off now. The prospect of the stance dancing that's to come is also a little off putting.

I like the possible damage numbers of the stance skills I'll be getting and how they will work with other spells is interesting but over all it's not quite the class I signed up for I guess?

I chose Bard over all because it was the closest I would get to Hunter from WoW and the general archer Archetype in MMO's. With the changes it just seems like the class is getting tossed into a caster role which sucks. I'm going to wait to see how the numbers look on the new rotation but over all the new stance is not my cup of tea.

Might switch to just playing a tank. Warrior seems a lot like a Blood Death Knight so can't go wrong with that. Dark Knight also looks fun even if that class is insanely over saturated on the world map atm lol.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I just started today. I'm really enjoying DRK so far, but I've just finished the quests to pick up AST and MCH, so I haven't given them a shot. I'm considering making DRK my new tank class of choice, now that I've actually seen all their actions and have a baseline to work off of.

Apparently people have already beaten the new EX primals for their sexy i190 weapons o.o

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I just started today. I'm really enjoying DRK so far, but I've just finished the quests to pick up AST and MCH, so I haven't given them a shot. I'm considering making DRK my new tank class of choice, now that I've actually seen all their actions and have a baseline to work off of.

Apparently people have already beaten the new EX primals for their sexy i190 weapons o.o

Yeah I played with the DRK rotations earlier and it's just so smooth and fluid. I really like it.
I've read soooooo many people complaining about them on Reddit though. I know probably like 90% of it is just people who hate flavor of the month but I am also reading from a lot of allegedly DRK "mains" that they are struggling to keep Hate and MP up.

I want to believe they just suck at resource management but it is a really consistent complaint.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I mean, I've only run a single dungeon with my DRK - Haukke Manor - and it ran very smoothly (beyond the arcanist that couldn't control their carbuncle properly). And I spent half the dungeon in Darkside stance because there's only two actions SO FAR that use MP, and it only drains 11 MP per GCD, which is maybe 2% of my maximum MP?

And with its own version of Flash and the RoH basic combo...

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I mean, I've only run a single dungeon with my DRK - Haukke Manor - and it ran very smoothly (beyond the arcanist that couldn't control their carbuncle properly). And I spent half the dungeon in Darkside stance because there's only two actions SO FAR that use MP, and it only drains 11 MP per GCD, which is maybe 2% of my maximum MP?

And with its own version of Flash and the RoH basic combo...

Just finished getting mine to 34 and did Haukke and Brayflox a few times and your right. So far its really smooth and I like it a lot. Really anxious to see how the class runs at cap and in real fight.

Lex

Administrator
AFAIK nobody has downed Ravana EX yet (that's the i190 weapon), but a lot of people have been going to the vendor you get it from and item-linking it in the shout box.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Nah, there's pics online of people with them in various locales, so you can see actual backgrounds and stuff (i.e., not the "try on" function").

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I've been wondering that, too.

Because I'm sorry, but Merlwyb just isn't as hot anymore :/ (/shallow)

Lex

Administrator
Merlwyb's VA being changed bothered me too. So far though the voice acting is better, I just liked some of their voices before. If I had to guess it's because they got feedback that the voice acting was pretty shit in 2.0 so they got rid of most of them 0_0. Either that or none of the ones they used were available.

I'm almost level 60, did The Library last night which has been my favourite dungeon so far for sure. Interesting environment and bosses. Also, the Dravanian Hinterlands has been my favourite area by miles, but I almost hate it now because the side quests from 58-59 are the slowest I've ever done in this game. The place has no aetheryte so they have you teleporting to the next town-area and moving back terrestrially since you don't unlock The Library til 59, and that has the last aether current. It's slow as fuck for real. I thought the Forelands and Churning Mists were bad with the never ending quest chains, but the Hinterlands take the biscuit for sure.

Good luck to y'all when you get there :tauntingshinji:

Miscreant

FoolISH
AKA
Pinkfish, Fish
I haven't posted for a few days because I've been in an FFXIV trance :D but damn I'm loving the new story, Astro seems awesome so far but it doesn't feel like I'm doing as much as my Scholar. Seriously since I swapped from controller to mouse over healing my Scholar became crazy over powered. But because I levelled Astro to 40 I'm a little behind on the story, just finished The Vaults and am level 57. I just want to leave work already and carry on with the grind. All in all 3.0 is everything I wanted so far.

By the way I have an unused physical copy of FFXIV ARR laying around for PC, if anyone wants it I can post it to them, as long as they use my recruit a friend code that is :D

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Some screenies I've been meaning to share:

Some "western lights":

3k8rLDO.png

Flying fat choco. Now with cake to get him off the ground XD

huYLlha.png

My new Au Ra character:

7vY5m0v.png

Q5r0CWe.png

Griffon mount confirmed awesome:

T0xOdh9.png

wlUkORi.png

RjWwAyT.png

Lex

Administrator
Holy shit XD
Bahamut's waifu XD

EDIT: THE MAIN STORY IS SO COOL

ForceStealer

Double Growth
While the 2.0 voice acting was very inconsistent...it seems like they changed everyone who was good. I haven't played far enough to know if they kept bad ones or it was just a baby-out-with-the-bathwater thing.

In other news, it's a really cool touch that the guard NPCs in ul'dah all say something to the effect of not believing you're guilty and will pretend they didn't see you. And in the other cities the guards have been instructed not to believe any rumors about you. They really put a lot of thought into the world and consequences when they can. ...honestly it usually makes me wish it weren't an MMO, even though it's a very good one, so I could dive full force into the story and my character could have a little more agency.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Talking to the Crystal Braves in Mor Dhona say something along the lines of not being able to take you in by themselves because you're too strong.

AvecAloes

Donator
I liked Alphinaud's VA. I thought he was solid. I may be biased because I really liked him as Jude in Tales of Xillia, but I didn't even realize it was him til much later in the game :lol: so yeah. Sad that he's gone.

I really want to put more time into Astrologian. I picked it up last night and did the very first instance for the job, and I can see how it's going to be a very interesting job to play. Want moar.

Top Bottom