• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
You don't have the free trial, you have the starter edition (that is, the full base game+Heavensward) which comes with 30 free days and then requires a subscription. When did you get it? Because sometime back in 2020 they actually offered the Starter for free for a short period.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
that might be it then. i don't remember getting the starter edition, but i don’t remember if i even got the free trial now. just that i added the ps5 upgrade to my account. i will have to check my purchase history.

at least i can buy and use the new expansion if that’s the case.

edit; yep, found a receipt for the (free) starter pack in may 2020. bit disappointed because i was hoping to play casually for arr and hs, now i will have to pay money to resubscribe instead. although i guess i saved on not buying the starter pack so that’s something

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
is cerberus one of the worlds? i went on zodiark because that's just the one it defaulted to. i'm sure you can move worlds but with some restrictions? i might move if there's any housing available there, i haven't seen any free on zodiark

i am enjoying the mmo aspect of the game more than i expected to (got invited into a party and defeated lazy laurance today), but i am constantly worried that i will do a dungeon and get paired with real hardcore players who will be annoyed with me and i will feel bad. i still not know how you nominate people for mip or use limit breaks (there were how-to screens but they showed up in the middle of a dungeon so i didn't get to read them properly). but it's nice to just be walking around and help some random person out.

i'm trying to learn different systems better. going to be looking at macros next.

although i randomly found myself on a guide to japanese terms for english speakers on a japanese server but half the time i didn't understand the english terms either. which is another worry about doing dungeons and people saying all these terms and i'm clueless.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
might make the jump and move to cerberus, if that’s where everyone else is and you promise to join me in dungeon runs where we take it slow so i can explore (missed the boss on my last one because i was watching the cutscene)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
what can you do in the mansion? (i am not sure what benefits housing gets you but i know i need one to buff up my buddy chocobo)

abigail

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Abbie
you can get an apt in the FC mansion, since a house-house is pretty hard to get anywhere right now. and there is a chocobo stable there too so you can train your buddy

and also hang out for general hijinks

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
damn i better find out how to move, i want a place to put all my stuff and train my chocobo

edit; damn home world transfer service is down, i guess i had time to cut ties to my current world while i wait for it to be restored

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
damn i better find out how to move, i want a place to put all my stuff and train my chocobo

edit; damn home world transfer service is down, i guess i had time to cut ties to my current world while i wait for it to be restored

I think you can queue it so that it'll transfer you over when a spot is available, but with the congestion etc just now the transfer service goes down a fair bit. It should be up again soon :)

Ping one of us a message on Discord when you join and we'll get you invited.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
now i have to remember my discord login

i read that it starts again on the 26th? so i will be trying to cut ties to my current home world. i feel bad about leaving my free company for some silly reason, it's not like i interacted much with it and it was just a random invite. maybe i'll leave some items or something as a parting gift lol

one of the things i read was that you need to take your chocobo back which i found a bit unclear, is that withdrawing from the races?

i took part in the odin fate yesterday. everyone else was level 70~90 and i don't think i pulled my weight (had to get revived like 6 times) but i'm glad i took part. it was fun waiting and seeing how many people showed up to take part

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
is it a good idea to have every gatherer and crafter job on one character? i mainly want to be able to make things without having to use the market board all the time

although i have been making decent money selling stuff and undercutting the competition. if only it were that easy in real life

Lex

Administrator
is it a good idea to have every gatherer and crafter job on one character? i mainly want to be able to make things without having to use the market board all the time

although i have been making decent money selling stuff and undercutting the competition. if only it were that easy in real life

Yeah you can (and should) do everything on one character. People do still have alts for one reason or another but most people just do everything on one character.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i was mainly planning on keeping to archer/bard for combat but opening up all the crafter/gatherer ones. i'm a bit concerned about my inventory space since i've been regularly hitting the limit, i have two retainers and they're both pretty full and there's no space in my chocobo bag. so i was kind of hoping learning to craft everything would mean i can use up a bunch of these materials

i tried looking it up and there's something about using alts for endgame stuff and to get around some kind of cap on something? i didn't really follow it tbh, i am happy to focus on bard for battles and getting even more fruity outfits

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
ready to talk about my Endwalker experience, didn't want to write my impressions just after the storm of emotions.

I never expected the game to go so philosophical and hit me so much but here we are. The first half of the game was pretty slow but solid in its commitment to flesh out the story bits and locations but then it goes all the way up from Garlemald and hits one of the highest peaks with Elpis, that just manages to introduce great characters and lore. Elpis felt like an amazing self-contained story that doesn't compete with the ongoing events, and at the same time it builds up major elements like Hydealyn that was just a generic loving motherly goddess before to an actual character, or Fandaniel motivations with Hermes (the best and most justified use of "I want to end all things just because"?), and nothing was better than seeing Emet annoyed by Wol. It had it all, humor, awe, mistery, and even horror.

A shame that after this amazing part, we get to Labyrinthos to drag on with endless side-quests and listening to the same tune kek just shameless filler that hurts the pacing but... Ultima Thule.

I knew the song was familiar, it made me teared up instantly. Never imagined we would actually learn more about the other civilizations, I thought it was a thing they would only briefly mention and leave it like that, it was great worldbuilding making you understand Meteions motivations. As your companions fade and the hopeful tune ascends, I couldn't hold anymore. They made a wonderful job of making me care about the Scions as individuals in the last two expansions, and I honestly hope we get to hang out with them more.

The ending was beautiful, one of the best "Hope vs despair" tropes executions, an inspiring and tangible message to always look for a solution, to keep going despite everything else falling apart. To not let oneself get lost in despair, where you will only find solace in nothingness.

At this point, there is no denying that FFXIV hit me more emotionally than many mainline titles, and while I may have hesitated in saying this for previous expansions, Endwalker is one of the best FF stories so far and achieves the impressive feat of not only introducing new characters and plot but wrapping up the entire saga at the same time.

Also, Loporrits > moogles and faeries.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
This person did a really fascinating experiment with Tilt Shift camera effects with FFXIV to create the the fake miniaturization faking effect. Makes the FFXIV environments feel like the old PS1 Final Fantasy titles.

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield

Coming sooner than I expected! 12 April.

And yes, once again the song is hype

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
I was at a friend's wedding last night, and several of the guests were members of his XIV raiding party. So of course, they recreated a boss fight in the form of interpretive dance partway through the night. This was pre-planned. There were props.

I've never played XIV so I will probably get the terminology wrong here, but I believe it was the Alexander fight? There were two people with big pictures of robots bobbing about either side of the dance floor, and the others did a lot of arranging of themselves back and forth with pieces of rope. At one point there were lightning bolts, and a cat which I'm told was a time traveller. There was music from the game playing that was definitely giving people cues of what to do next.

It was completely incomprehensible but very glorious.

Last edited:

SoZettaSlow

Hackermens extraordinaire
AKA
Yoshikage Kira
I was at a friend's wedding last night, and several of the guests were members of his XIV raiding party. So of course, they recreated a boss fight in the form of interpretive dance partway through the night. This was pre-planned. There were props.

I've never played XIV so I will probably get the terminology wrong here, but I believe it was the Alexander fight? There were two people with big pictures of robots bobbing about either side of the dance floor, and the others did a lot of arranging of themselves back and forth with pieces of rope. At one point there were lightning bolts, and a cat which I'm told was a time traveller. There was music from the game playing that was definitely giving people cues of what to do next.

It was completely incomprehensible but very glorious.

You didn't catch this spectacle on video?

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Videos exist, but I don't know how happy the 8 or 9 participants would be with it going on a public forum lol. If anyone puts it on YouTube though I'll link :mon:

Reactions: Wol

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
Should be a simple question, but is it possible to use a PS4/5 sub on PC or do I need to purchase the entire game again, and/or create a new sub?

Some of the wording on the PC download almost implies you can use your existing sub to activate it, but would that be a PC sub only?

I suspect I at least have to purchase again, but I don't want to if I don't have to; and if I cant use my characters from PS4 I probably wouldn't bother anyway.

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
Should be a simple question, but is it possible to use a PS4/5 sub on PC or do I need to purchase the entire game again, and/or create a new sub?

Some of the wording on the PC download almost implies you can use your existing sub to activate it, but would that be a PC sub only?

I suspect I at least have to purchase again, but I don't want to if I don't have to; and if I cant use my characters from PS4 I probably wouldn't bother anyway.
You need to buy a PC version and you can use the same character as long that you use the same account, in summary. I think you need to do a char transfer though, don't remember.

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
You need to buy a PC version and you can use the same character as long that you use the same account, in summary. I think you need to do a char transfer though, don't remember.

Thanks, makes sense. I'll dig into it a little more about char transfers.

Reactions: Wol
Top Bottom