• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Final Fantasy XIV Thread [Endwalker - 6.45]

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
PC requires a separate license. You don't need to transfer your character as that is bound to your account to begin with but system settings and UI/button configurations etc have to be backed up and transferred specifically if you wanna use them across both platforms

Fiz

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Eh?
PC requires a separate license.

Yeah, I presumed this was the case, just wanted to make sure.

You don't need to transfer your character as that is bound to your account to begin with but system settings and UI/button configurations etc have to be backed up and transferred specifically if you wanna use them across both platforms

Thanks, this is the big one for me. I don't want to lose progress if I platform switch.

Reactions: Wol

Lex

Administrator
Thanks, this is the big one for me. I don't want to lose progress if I platform switch.

You won't, I switch between the two occasionally. Definitely remember to backup your hotbar settings then re-download them on the other platform though.

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
unknown.png

I've finally killed the Super Pope and the Knights of the Round.

unknown.png

And my lalafell is now Gilgamesh from F/SN.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Accidentally clicked Lex's link saw Endwalker and ran so hard :faint:

I think I do want to buy the Endwalker expansion but a bit low on funds so it'll have to wait.

I recently completely the main story quest "Stormblood" and am now running around collecting and trying out some new jobs. I actually fell asleep tired and had a dream about trying to complete an Astrological quest for Ast and the dream people asking me what job I usually mained and I said White Mage and they called me a coward for just wanting to heal and my moves changed to some sort of moves that were all pink and floral and charm based that could also heal though. Dreams be Wilding :desucait:

I've actually had the game for ages but was away a long time after ARR main story, post ARR was dragging a bit but eventually during a lull from everything else was able to put some proper time down to getting through it and I'm really enjoying the game again. I really loved Heavensward/post Heavensward. Enjoyed Stormblood too overall even if I didn't feel quite as invested as for Heavensward it was still good and the areas are cool and Lyse is love and things :joy:

Lex

Administrator
Triple post, huzzah.

The Free Company will be formed tomorrow at 22:30 (BST), I need at least 3 other people online - Avec, Force and Marcus said they would be so it shouldn't be a problem :). The reason I can't create it tonight is because you have to wait 24 hours after putting the request in, which I've now done (it's apparently to be sure you really want to do it, which seems a bit silly).

But anyway, we'll have our own TLS grand company tomorrow! I made a post over at BFF asking the guys there if they want to join aswell.

One of you bitches that isn't Avec or Marcus get your ass online, I need a third signature to found our company.

Also, founding a company costs 15,000 Gil. I have exactly 15,371 Gil and it's taken me a week and a half to accrue that much, so if you could maybe send me like 500/1000 Gil at a moogle mail point when you get a chance it'd be much appreciated :D. This way you guys barely notice a dent and I'm still covering most of it, which I don't mind.
As close to day one as humanly possible^^^ (I went back and found these for nostalgia). Ode to the days where I only had 15k gil lmao.

Bonus potato images of my original character at level 40 on PS3 (literally pre-glamour system):

1673469585472.png
1673469924048.png

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Change to payment processor in late February.

In late February, we are planning to change the payment processor used for purchases made on the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station, FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Store, and Square Enix Account Management sites. This change should not have an impact on most purchases, but we wanted to inform and clearly communicate to customers of any potential changes.

The change should not impact customers who are currently enrolled in a recurring subscription plan. However, future updates to an existing recurring subscription, such as starting a new recurring subscription or making updates to the payment method on existing recurring subscriptions, will be processed through the new payment processor. Switching an existing recurring subscription plan to the new payment processor will require the re-registration of their payment method. Although the current payment processor will continue to be available for a period following the change, we recommend updating an active recurring subscription after the change occurs as this will help prevent any account access disruptions in the event that the current payment processor is no longer available.

Furthermore, some of the existing payment methods will no longer be available following the change. While we hope to reintroduce some of the discontinued payment methods over time, we recommend considering alternate payment methods in the meantime. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please see below for affected payment methods.

Unavailable Payment Methods: JCB, Carte Bleue, SEPA (Sofort)
Available Payment Methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Amazon Pay, Paysafecard

Additionally, customers may notice other minor differences following the change: the manner in which credit card charges show up on billing statements may be slightly different, or banks may request fraud verification on purchases that used to be approved without such additional steps. While the changes should not impact purchases, we do recommend our customers to review any charges made after the change for due diligence purposes, and to ensure any charges are for purchases made from Square Enix.

D

Deleted member 13557

Never touched XIV, would now still be a good time to get in to it? I mightn’t start until XVI comes out and I finish that but I’ve been curious about this game for a while.

If so, is the complete collectors edition worth it or should I go with a different edition to start?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
you could start with the free trial, which is a realm reborn and the 1st expansion heavensward fully playable with no restrictions on play time but with a few limitation on certain features, and see how you feel from there.
I appreciate your restraint in saying this plainly instead of the meme :monster:

But yes, that's probably the best way to start, Mikey :)

ph14basicbitch

shinra merch buyer
AKA
koda
HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED MMORPG FINAL FANTASY XIV?

WITH AN EXPANDED FREE TRIAL WHICH YOU CAN PLAY THROUGH THE ENTIRETY OF A REALM REBORN AND THE AWARD-WINNING HEAVENSWARD EXPANSION UP TO LEVEL 60 FOR FREE WITH NO RESTRICTIONS ON PLAYTIME???

JOIN EORZEA TODAY!!!

D

Deleted member 13557

Initial impressions are pretty positive. Can definitely see myself getting hooked on this.

Just a little bit overwhelmed. First MMORPG and all that. I’m sure after a few hours with the game I can begin to pretend I know what I’m doing :)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I appreciate your restraint in saying this plainly instead of the meme :monster:
can't use the meme if you don't know what it is

[guy tapping head meme]

i am eternally full of regrets that i ended up with a free copy of arr/hsw at some point before the free trial was a thing, so i don't have any restrictions but if i want to play it i have to renew my not-free subscription lol

Lex

Administrator
Initial impressions are pretty positive. Can definitely see myself getting hooked on this.

Just a little bit overwhelmed. First MMORPG and all that. I’m sure after a few hours with the game I can begin to pretend I know what I’m doing :)

Most of TLS plays on Chaos/ Cerberus if you wanted some assistance (or to join the FC once you're off the trial) :)

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield

Yeah, my suggestion is that you follow your intuition and simply enjoy all the features and what the world has to offer little by little. Do whatever makes you curious, everything will click eventually but having fun is King.

Lex

Administrator
Hello folks, we're going to do a small event on Friday for the Fanfest keynote in the FC living room.

If you've any interest in it please feel free to come along - even if you play on another server, make a character on Cerberus or Chaos and come visit us!

Top Bottom