• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
By popular(?) demand :monster:

Who is Cloud really destined for?

Right hand, or left hand?

I mean, the dead one or the busty one?

EDIT BY RYU ON 06/03/09: This is a discussion/ debate thread, folks. The question is who did Cloud choose. 'Destiny' is simply a silly way for Hitobito to ask this. He has said himself that this OP is not to be taken too seriously. Please, if you wish to jump in without reading the entire thread, be aware that the question boils down to "Who did Cloud Love/ Choose out of Tifa or Aerith (or another romantic choice if you so wish to argue), and that you will be expected to give information to back this up.

Thank you, that is all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
Re: Love Triangle Discussion

I nearly wept when I saw you started this damn topic again.

Ok, I don't get the whole Cloud/Aerith thing, I really don't. The entire time Cloud knew Aerith, he thought he was somebody else, namely Aerith's dead boyfriend.

Cloud, like, the real Cloud had feelings for Tifa. Tifa had feelings for Cloud; they realized this in their little jaunt in the Lifestream when Cloud was stringing together what remained of his sanity.

I've always saw the relationship between Cloud and Aerith more maternal on his part, and nostalgic on hers. He wanted someone to protect/look after him, and she was reminded of her missing boyfriend. I'm not saying that they didn't love each other; I'm sure they did, but not in a "Let's get married I love you" kind of way.

@.@ If that makes any sense.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

Aerith because I personally would prefer it that way, and I care not what the story, creators, or character intent says on the matter, thus my position is equal if not more correct than yours. :monster:

Oh god I'm so evil.

@Dumb Apple

And if I could rep you, I would because your post sums up the truth and intent of the story perfectly. Way to go.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul

His warped mind in "Final Fantasy™ VII" lead him astray. In my opinion the "true" Cloud was destine for Tifa Lockhart. But with his overdose of Mako and Pure S cells, well didn't help. He infused his brain with the memories of Zack, seeing Zack as his hero that is and remembering his heroics and adventures Zack carried with Cloud at the same time. So the side of Zack, that was Zack was falling for Aerith. Mind you Cloud did have his memories with Zack's. So it made it rather difficult to see who was who exactly at the time.

So in my opinion *trumpets*

Tifa Lockhart.

Isabella

Your Mom

Yeah, the appearance that Cloud might be falling for Aerith was part of the "gotcha!" aspect of this story's plot. Once all the pieces fall into place, we see in hindsight what was really happening. Though that doesn't mean he doesn't care deeply for her and vice versa, but it's not a romantic love.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

But what about the guilt he felt for her death, or the fact he left Tifa in AC and stayed in the church where Aerith used to haunt!!!

I mean, how could he be living with Tifa if he left her?!!? OBVIOUSLY he was in love with Aerith and AC proves this beyond a shadow of a doubt!

What? There's only so much of repeating the canon and obvious facts one can do before they get bored with it. I'm now Bizarro-Mako. :monster:

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul

[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=53.msg438#msg438 date=1228258610]
But what about the guilt he felt for her death, or the fact he left Tifa in AC and stayed in the church where Aerith used to haunt!!!

I mean, how could he be living with Tifa if he left her?!!? OBVIOUSLY he was in love with Aerith and AC proves this beyond a shadow of a doubt!

What? There's only so much of repeating the canon and obvious facts one can do before they get bored with it. I'm now Bizarro-Mako. :monster:
[/quote]

Indeed Cloud did visit the Church Aerith visited quite a bit. Probably the feeling of wanted to be forgiven for her death...is all he was searching for at the time, besides at the end Aerith runs off with Zack, she wanted Zack, fell for Cloud posing as Zack.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

Well I'm not sure Aeris "walked off" with Zack due to love or anything necessarily. They were simply both there to see Cloud off, and they're both dead, so they went off together. I don't deny what implies (and I am personally of the Cloud should be with Tifa camp), but I'm just saying I'm not sure how much that should be read into.

More than that, if Cloud DOESN'T respond to that "I freaking want you" look Tifa gives him at the end he is dumber than we ever imagined. ;D

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Well, we can give him some leniency for time. There are people watching and you can get arrested for that sort of thing.

Seriously, though, I'm waiting for an argument that establishes Cloud having a romantic intent towards Aerith before leaping to him having a greater romantic intent toward her than Tifa.

I'd also love to see one that's contextually self-coherent, but I don't plan on holding my breath.

null.

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=53.msg448#msg448 date=1228266798]
Seriously, though, I'm waiting for an argument that establishes Cloud having a romantic intent towards Aerith before leaping to him having a greater romantic intent toward her than Tifa.
[/quote]

Well old friend, you've come to the wrong place. This topic ain't about who Cloud loves, lives with, has a long-term obsession with or intends to be with forever.

It's about who he's destined for.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=null link=topic=53.msg453#msg453 date=1228268464]
[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=53.msg448#msg448 date=1228266798]
[/quote]

Well old friend, you've come to the wrong place. This topic ain't about who Cloud loves, lives with, has a long-term obsession with or intends to be with forever.

It's about who he's destined for.
[/quote]

Well, given that a character's desiny is decided by the writers, and the writers have decided he's gonna be with Tifa, I think he's destined for Tifa.

Also, Hail to the Null.

Hooray! Another LTD thread with no Clerii in it. Good try Mako, but you aren't accusing Tifa of being a skank enough.

I'd also love to see one that's contextually self-coherent, but I don't plan on holding my breath.
This ^.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

What does 'destiny' have to do with anything? :monster:

imho, he should bone both of 'em and gtfo.

Isabella

Your Mom

*joins Mako in Bizarro World*
But guys, Tifa asked Cloud if he loved her in Case of Tifa! OMG, like she'd really have to ask that if they were together! And, like, Cloud liked Tifa in the past, alright? He totally moved on while he was floating in that mako. Stop trying to force a childhood crush on present-day Cloud.

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D

With all the Cloti and Cloris talk, Cloud will probably turn out to be gay. :monster:

Seriously, with all the Compilations developments, it seems to me that Cloud was meant to Tifa, the same way Aerith was meant for Zack.

There was some kind of chemistry between Aerith and Zack that was absent from her interaction with Cloud.

I don't deny that Arith didn't had a crush on Cloud, but i think that, in time, Aerith started to look at Cloud as a younger brother for her to take care of.

[quote author=Dark and Divine link=topic=53.msg477#msg477 date=1228298186]
There was some kind of chemistry between Aerith and Zack that was absent from her interaction with Cloud.

I don't deny that Arith didn't had a crush on Cloud, but i think that, in time, Aerith started to look at Cloud as a younger brother for her to take care of.
[/quote]The chemistry had to do with the fact that Zack flirted back, Cloud didn't.
Aerith's "crush" wasdependenton his Zack qualities. I have to admit if my boyfriend died, and I learned to cope through denial, and then this guy came "falling" into my life the exact same way and started beingeerilysimilar, my emotions would be effected.
Aerith does get this crush on Cloud, but when he turns back into the real Cloud, there's no indication her original feelings still remain. It's like any relationship though, you don't have to be thinking you are your dead best friend for it to work. You meet someone, start falling, then gradually realize they aren't who you thought they were. You'll probably still retain some of those feelings even though you aren't 'in love' with them anymore.

null.

Pro Adventurer

[quote author=Ryushikaze link=topic=53.msg454#msg454 date=1228268759]
Also, Hail to the Null.
[/quote]

*tips crown* Few names can produce as many interesting random conversations when Googled... I salute thee, Grand Admiral.

[quote author=Balthea link=topic=53.msg458#msg458 date=1228273841]
Hooray! Another LTD thread with no Clerii in it. [/quote]

Awww. I think the Clerii are a blast. And besides, how can we have an LTD with a bunch of peeps who don't push, twist and butcher logic far beyond any semblence of reality and sanity see an LT?

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi

CloudxMukki has not been brought up in the LTD in a long time. Seriously, Mukki got more action than anything we've seen with Tifa or Aeris

Fighter

Pro Adventurer

Hi,

My friend Noriko told me Cloud loves Aerith. Because in Japanese culture boobs are evil and tragic.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Since Zack's technically an involved party here, doesn't that make things into more of a love Trapezoid?

In all honesty though - Zack & Aerith's relationship was enhanced by Crisis Core, just like Cloud & Tifa's was in Advent Children. I say let the dead former sweethearts be together in the Lifestream, and let the other two continue about their lives as platonic friends / more than friends as they see fit.

There's some more motivation given to Cloud at the end of Crisis Core. It's all just a matter of who he cared for how at what time in the series imo. If we're talking about post AC Cloud - he's gotten his closure with Aerith & Zack's deaths, and is moving on. That's what the large underlying message of the film is I thought.

X :neo:

X :neo:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

Now that Mukki has been mentioned this thread can be closed. Answer found, we're done here.

[quote author=X-SOLDIER link=topic=53.msg588#msg588 date=1228384728]
Since Zack's technically an involved party here, doesn't that make things into more of a love Trapezoid?[/quote]

Zack doesn't count, because Zack is in the past. And pasts don't matter when you're writing fiction. Does no one read my book? :monster:

book.jpg

[quote author=Fighter link=topic=53.msg587#msg587 date=1228383505]
My friend Noriko told me Cloud loves Aerith. Because in Japanese culture boobs are evil and tragic.[/quote]

Speaking of Japan, the Square Enix Members site did a poll about who people thought was the best couple.

I tried counting the results (FFVII related), and it when something like this:

C/A: 46

C/T: 54

Z/A: Over 9000 :monster:

Sadly, one of the C/A fans said that Cloud and Aerith were 'just like koi :monster: bito', so I guess that means they're not much of a couple after all.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

[quote author=null link=topic=53.msg521#msg521 date=1228338116]
*tips crown* Few names can produce as many interesting random conversations when Googled... I salute thee, Grand Admiral.[/quote]

Deus Admiral, now. They granted me deity status a short while back. I thought it rude not to recognize the honor.

Awww. I think the Clerii are a blast. And besides, how can we have an LTD with a bunch of peeps who don't push, twist and butcher logic far beyond any semblence of reality and sanity see an LT?

Well, someone will have to take the plunge and get completely and totally trashed on hallucinogens and start seeing pink elephants.

[quote author=looneymoon link=topic=53.msg552#msg552 date=1228350415]
CloudxMukki has not been brought up in the LTD in a long time. Seriously, Mukki got more action than anything we've seen with Tifa or Aeris[/quote]

Only because he forced himself on Cloud, the slut, and Cloud shot him down with the ellipses of rejection!

[/quote][quote author=Fighter link=topic=53.msg587#msg587 date=1228383505]
Hi,

My friend Noriko told me Cloud loves Aerith. Because in Japanese culture boobs are evil and tragic.
[/quote]

Well, tell Noriko that Yomiko said that boobs in Japan are considered holy relics and those with large boobs should be given everything they desire.

Seriously, though, have they not learned by now that their Japanese friends aren't convincing anyone?
I could consult an entire Japanese department's faculty, numerous majors, and several people actually in Japan if I wished. But I don't because A: dictionaries, teaching books, etc. etc. are much more handy, and B: They aren't authoritative in the slightest. I just must up Yomiko, there. The same is probably true of Noriko. The only way to double check is credentials, which will never be provided.

Also, WacDonalds... Heh, WacDonalds.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

Actually, I have heard of someone (Japanese) mention how their mum was teased for her ample clevage, because people used to think that if you were big in that area, all your nutrients must has gone to your breasts instead of your head thus leaving you stupid :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom