The Great Purge

Lex

Administrator
I think there's been some confusion here - only banned accounts will be deleted. There was a suggestion that accounts with 0 posts that are obviously spambots should be deleted, which I agree with in principal, but I also don't think we should be deleting accounts with zero posts unless we're certain they're spam accounts.

I'm gonna start clearing the junkyard tonight. Better get a good playlist on the go.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah I was trying to suggest a few things at a time - banned spambots on the one hand, 0 post users on the other (that have not logged in for e.g. >1 or >2 years) due to the high % of possible spambots in there.

Another option might be to do a cross-reference between user's e-mail addresses and known spambot accounts. Xf has integration with a service called stop forum spam, which maintains a database of known spambot e-mail addresses, updated constantly. Actually IIRC this version of vB had integration with a similar system, but they turned that off in an update because ???? I forgot.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
S6NI.gif

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
aight I went ahead and purged all accounts in the Spambot usergroup, these have been confirmed as spambots and banned accordingly back in the day. RIP 1400 user accounts, :monster:

Top Bottom