The Green Knight (2021)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite

A lesser known Arthurian myth finally makes it to the big screen, and not as part of some “Arthurian Cinematic Universe” either — just a movie.

I probably haven’t been as excited for a flick since Return of the King. Sir Gawain comes off like a complete idiot in the original story, but the tone and style of this trailer have me ready to throw out my preconceptions. I love what I’m seeing of the fox and the green knight so far. I’m hyped.

I'm really looking forward to this, it looks super good. I feel like, at least recently, you don't often see a more arthouse take on medieval/Arthurian lit, usually it gets the Hollywood action/epic fantasy sort of treatment, so I'm interested to see what this does with the Gawain story.

Originally I was hoping that this would get a streaming release, rather than a delayed theatrical release, so that it'd get released sooner, but since that's obviously not happening I may actually try to see it in theaters (...maybe - I'll be fully vaccinated by July, but it'll still feel weird to me to go to a movie theater).

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I'm really looking forward to this, it looks super good. I feel like, at least recently, you don't often see a more arthouse take on medieval/Arthurian lit, usually it gets the Hollywood action/epic fantasy sort of treatment, so I'm interested to see what this does with the Gawain story.

Originally I was hoping that this would get a streaming release, rather than a delayed theatrical release, so that it'd get released sooner, but since that's obviously not happening I may actually try to see it in theaters (...maybe - I'll be fully vaccinated by July, but it'll still feel weird to me to go to a movie theater).

I know how you feel, my first jab comes into full effect today, but I hiss at the sunlight.

Looking at that fox reminds me of Ghost of Tsushima.
I love the actor and I love Arthurian legends when they get the arthouse treatment. I also love watching films in proper cinemas, so I'll be going out to see this.
We were never fully shut down here except for about six weeks right at the beginning, and the school where I worked stayed open throughout, so I don't feel quite so much like a troglodyte emerging blinking into the day.

Top Bottom