• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Hobbit

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
http://movies.ign.com/articles/109/1093748p1.html

Guillermo del Toro's perfect job directing The Hobbit? Not so perfect, as it turns out. In fact, he's quit the gig.

"In light of ongoing delays in the setting of a start date for filming The Hobbit, I am faced with the hardest decision of my life," del Toro said in a statement on The OneRing.net. "After nearly two years of living, breathing and designing a world as rich as Tolkien's Middle-earth, I must, with great regret, take leave from helming these wonderful pictures."

While the filmmaker did note he will continue to co-write the screenplays (the J.R.R Tolkien novel is to be adapted into two feature films) with Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh, and Philippa Boyens, any chance of him returning to the project after rights co-owner MGM/UA finds itself a buyer (the studio put itself up for sale back in November 2009) is all but dead.

"I wish the production nothing but the very best of luck and I will be first in line to see the finished product," added del Toro. "I remain an ally to it and its makers, present and future, and fully support a smooth transition to a new director."

Wow. We'll update this story as soon as we have more details.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

There goes most of my hope that this would be as good, if not better than the original films.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
But why did he leave? ;-; Contract conflict? Conflict of interest? Pants-on-head retardedness?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
He got sick of the delays apparently.

Considering the fact that this had been announced since ages ago, I can't say I'm surprised anymore. :(
Well, at least he's writing. Compared to some of the other parts of the film crew, sometimes directors can mean very little in terms of the actual film itself aside from the general direction it goes in.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

DO NOT WANT

=(

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I didn't even realize this movie was in pre-production. I thought it would never come to furition (and maybe now it won't.)

The Hobbit sucks, though. I hated that book. :/

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
What?! Noooooo! :(

Honestly, though? I don't blame him for leaving. It's taking longer for these people to make the Hobbit as it is for Square-Enix to remake FFVII.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
WHAT THE FLYING FUCK.

I think I might actually cry :( there goes my dreams for a LOTR cast reunion... at least over something good.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
The Troll Market scene in Hellboy 2 gave me full confidence that he'd be able to take over this project from Jackson, but now.... sigh....

I can't blame him though. He was going to have to put all his other projects on hold, and spend 6 years in NZ doing only the Hobbit films instead of 3. Tough call on his part.

And seriously - after Lord of the Rings' huge success, of all the movies MGM should have been working really hard to NOT drop the ball on, the Hobbit should probably have been it.

X :neo:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
At least its not Michael "Piss on your childhood memories" Bay directing....

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
CONFIRMED: Brett Ratner to direct

:/

This makes me feel like dying inside
1275024050046.jpg

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Can't really blame him for leaving either tbh. I was really looking forward to The Hobbit but the delays on it are geting ridiculous, it was supposed to originally be out by the end of this year...I just hope that when it does get released it's worth the wait.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
The Troll Market scene in Hellboy 2 gave me full confidence that he'd be able to take over this project from Jackson, but now.... sigh....

I can't blame him though. He was going to have to put all his other projects on hold, and spend 6 years in NZ doing only the Hobbit films instead of 3. Tough call on his part.

And seriously - after Lord of the Rings' huge success, of all the movies MGM should have been working really hard to NOT drop the ball on, the Hobbit should probably have been it.

X :neo:

What's wrong with NZ? We have shit weather and sheep... and hobbiton. :monster:

dacon rage

I always think of that picture when you get angry rofl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom