The Last of Us Part II Announced

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
man

i don't mind sad depressing media because i myself am strange and unusual, but also it drags if it just keeps on going. at least the original game had some nice bonding and character moments and there were giraffes, does part 2 have any of that?

also
hearing it doesn't having much to do at all with the infection/fungi zombie stuff is a big disappointment. my least favourite parts of the first one was when it would go from one open area where you shoot raiders or whatever, then walk a few seconds to another suspiciously open area where you have to fight more people. i think i didn't finish a second playthrough after beating it the first time because i didn't feel like redoing all those bits again so i just stopped part way. is this game basically the human combat parts and cutscenes?

idk man i just hate it when things advertise themselves with some story gimmick which is barely present. the order 1886 comes to mind (trailers showing werewolves and in the game you fight them maybe 3 times and the rest is human soldiers), the original tlos strayed too close to this as well.

i didn't look at any of the leak stuff and the most i heard were people complaining about a trans character being in it, and i didn't keep up with its development or trailers past the reveal one, but the stuff i've heard now has kind of dampened my enthusiasm. seeing adverts for it on tv i was kind of excited to play it, but now. meh.

i wasn't planning on getting this at release anyway, and also if i hear a film or something is bad i want to watch it more to see for myself how bad it is. but not want to so much to spend full price game money on it.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
also
hearing it doesn't having much to do at all with the infection/fungi zombie stuff is a big disappointment. my least favourite parts of the first one was when it would go from one open area where you shoot raiders or whatever, then walk a few seconds to another suspiciously open area where you have to fight more people. i think i didn't finish a second playthrough after beating it the first time because i didn't feel like redoing all those bits again so i just stopped part way. is this game basically the human combat parts and cutscenes?

idk man i just hate it when things advertise themselves with some story gimmick which is barely present. the order 1886 comes to mind (trailers showing werewolves and in the game you fight them maybe 3 times and the rest is human soldiers), the original tlos strayed too close to this as well.

lol, this reminds me of yahtzee's review of the original, "Hey, here’s a fun game: who do you think the title "The Last of Us" means by "us?" ‘Coz I’ll tell you who it doesn’t mean: human beings; there’s shit loads of those. "

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
my least favourite part of the uncharted games are the parts where you're in some clearing with scattered bits of cover to hide behind, fighting one wave of interchangeable mooks who are then replaced by a second wave. and if you're really lucky, there won't be a third wave after that.

so when i played tlos and saw open environments with boxes for cover and an incoming wave of enemies, i just thought to myself

oh no

i don't want this

if you can exploit the game to just walk past enemy encounters without fighting, i will be very tempted to do that

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm not sure if I don't already own a PS5 because this game looks absurdly good

it also turns my PS4 fan into a constant jet engine which it has never done with any game before D:

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
I am considerably less open to trying it again, lol.

There is something that is bothering me about the online responses, however - I find schadenfreude at this large of a scale is extremely toxic. Culture shouldn’t thrive through the frantic trashing of things. Yes, it appears TLOU2 is a moral and artistic trainwreck. That is nothing to get excited over.

AKA
Alex
That's such a shallow and surface level analysis.

Shallow? There's a collectible card in the game (part of a set you find in the world) that straight-up lists him as a "Villain" calling himself "Dr. Uckmann", which makes light of the fact that he pushes human beings "to their limits" (referencing the heavy crunch time that was so criticized prior to launch).

Have you been watching the streams? My God, this game is glorious!

What I'm telling you isn't even 1/10th of the madness that this game's story is. I'm being dead serious when I say that years from now, this game is going to be talked about.

Last edited:

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Because the character looks exactly like him. Down to a T.

This is the best thing ever.

Is the Owen guy the same as the “Dr. Uckmann” guy in the cards?

Also, what’s so great about it? Why do you take great enjoyment in something you don’t like?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i don't know why i keep writing this, what does the 's' stand for here, am i thinking of 'tls'

have they said anything about a ps5 port? because the original TLOU came out a few months/a year before the ps4 was released, and then they released the remaster like a year later?

and then part 2 is released, months before the ps5 is meant to come out, and i am suspicious

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
after two generations of not having backwards compatibility on sony consoles (i know the original ps3 models had bc but i couldn't afford one of those at the time), i didn't even consider that

Top Bottom