• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Last of Us Part II Announced

Lex

Administrator
who is she tho

I've seen speculation that it's a flashback and that's Ellie's mother, but I'm not so sure about that considering what he's said.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
who is she tho

I've seen speculation that it's a flashback and that's Ellie's mother, but I'm not so sure about that considering what he's said.

I think she's the character voiced by Laura Bailey(who voices Serah in the XIII Trilogy) that's yet to be named. I thought it was Ellie herself, but El' doesn't have that kind of muscle yet.

Apparenlty, the game is meant for adults who like this sort of thing in games; lots and lots of violence and blood. Like how some people like horrific horror thriller movies like "Mother!".

Said so by the President of
Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe.

If I was the rater of this game, I'd rate it "R+"-22 years and over, strong gore violence, restricted to adults. But that's me, as I'm not fond of these games. I actually watched the first game a year or two back on youtube...that was enough for me.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Idk. The gore in TLoU isn't that bad and is more often then not depicted on non-human creatures.
I"m not sure if I read your rating right, but are you suggesting that only people over the age of 22 should be able to buy it?

If so that's higher than M-Mature , which games that are way uglier in the gore department get. Like Mortal Kombat, Doom, etc.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Here in Australia, I saw a couple of very violent games up for sale that were rated "R" a while back; maybe a year or two ago.

And the first Last of Us game isn't that bad compared to the sequel, I suppose.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The girl's bracelet:

tumblr_pa6uvttyFY1qk3btpo2_540.png

Ellie's wearing it:

tumblr_pa6uvttyFY1qk3btpo1_540.png

I do hope the girl's not dead, killing off two queer characters is problematic to say the least.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I figure it's something that Ellie gets beforehand. Although, hoping that ANYONE survives in a TLOU game is like picking a favourite character in Game of Thrones, so I won't ever make bets that anyone will/won't survive.

X :neo:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
That trailer seriously blew me away when I watched it earlier. The gameplay is just so incredibly fluid. Everything from running, picking up objects, fighting, heading into cover, squeezing between objects ... it's so slick. And that's on top of the game looking slick enough already and what looks like an incredibly engaging storyline and not stepping back from Ellie's sexuality.

God, I'm just sad no release date, but this trailer will be keeping me ticking over for months.

I really need to replay the first one. We need a horror-themed community event, lol.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
Amazing trailer. The animations to the character bodies and faces is insanely good. And they really did a great job at giving the action a lot of tension and impact; I literally winced whenever Ellie got hit. This game is going to stress me out so much when I play it...

I loved the end of the trailer, though. D'aaawww, look at Ellie's smile!

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, the gameplay looks very good, ND continues with a remarkable ability to make gameplay that looks almost indistinguishable from watching an action movie. But good laird is it violent. I get that it's the point, and I never considered myself particularly sensitive to that...but it seems like it will be hard for me to play. (And is this one of the gorier E3s? There were a lot of super violent/gory trailers.)

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Pretty solid showing than last time. No comments about the potential story as there's not enough to make an early judgment.

Honestly I'm more eager to see the multiplayer aspect of TLOU2.

Lex

Administrator
This has inspired me to finally do a playthrough of TLOU Remastered on PS4. I bought it when I got the PS4 and have never played through it again.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I, too, have purchased the first game and still haven't gotten around to playing it. I'll definitely have to before the new one comes out.

But I kind of want to echo what Force said. I'm not a huge fan if TONS of gore, so it might be a difficult one to work through.

That and I think I'll probably only want to play in the day time. :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I was doing a playthrough of the remastered version with a friend. But we got stuck at a hard area, got distracted, and never got back to it. I don't think we were very far in....

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, I mean it's fine for them to want "the player to feel repulsed by some of the violence they are committing themselves," as long as they're prepared for some people to respond, "Mission accomplished, I'm too repulsed to buy your game."

Whenever there's discussion as to glorified violence in video games I agree with/espouse the point that violence in most games is flatly not realistic and my brain has no difficulty discerning it as fake. This would seem to bear that out as this much more more detailed, visceral violence is so much more disturbing. Like as much as all the thinkpieces loved to wax on about "ludonarrative dissonance" *shudder* in Uncharted, the number of fictional mooks you kill isn't as important as the fact that it's clearly unrealistic.

Or maybe I'm just an Old, now. :monster:

To be clear, I'm not criticizing them or saying that this shouldn't be their prerogative. Clearly I'm just more in tune with the type of game that Uncharted is than what the Last of Us is. I'm just musing.

Top Bottom