• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Last of Us Part II Announced

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
The girl's bracelet:

tumblr_pa6uvttyFY1qk3btpo2_540.png

Ellie's wearing it:

tumblr_pa6uvttyFY1qk3btpo1_540.png

I do hope the girl's not dead, killing off two queer characters is problematic to say the least.

I'm theorizing that she's going to die somehow, because I'm thinking back to the announcement trailer and how Ellie said she was 'going to find and kill every last one of 'em'; why else would she do that if not for some type of revenge? Joel's obviously still alive. For now.

Lex

Administrator

Also call me cray but I think the love interest (her name is Dina) could wind up being a villain.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

Also call me cray but I think the love interest (her name is Dina) could wind up being a villain.

I hope so, better that Ellie is getting revenge for that then just introducing this character to die.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Nadine wasn't really a villain, she just has a contract with Raffe putting her in opposition to Nate. Also we don't know her sexuality though Naughty Dog is very welcome to pair her up with Chloe and make me a very happy person.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Nadine wasn't really a villain, she just has a contract with Raffe putting her in opposition to Nate. Also we don't know her sexuality though Naughty Dog is very welcome to pair her up Chloe and make me a very happy person.

Dina can be a not a real villain while still having betrayal on her part inspire Ellie's roaring ramage of revenge rather then her death, leaving this character available to appear elsewhere then just Act One of this game.

Last edited:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The problem with that is that due to the setting of this game it would to have to be something really bad and her having aligned herself with some really awful people.

edit: The other problem with her betraying Ellie is that if she had Ellie wouldn't be wearing her bracelet.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I mean we're all assuming the scene in the barn takes place before the gameplay scene. It's entirely possible Ellie finds that bracelet or some shit and gives it to Dina?

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I think it's entirely plausible. The whole gameplay segment could be a flashback, possibly running through Ellie's head. Gives a plausible double meaning for Dina's last line.

"They should be terrified."

Lex

Administrator
So I've forgotten where someone shared that video of the animations in the gameplay trailer being deconstructed (it's an hour long and it's great) but here it is again anyway:

The guy who made this video is actually a dev - he's the senior tech animator for EA motive and he Tweeted saying "The thing to know about Naughty Dog gameplay trailers is the next day, every other developer in the world is frame-by-framing it, trying to figure out how the hell they did that."

Another dev responded saying "Yeah I can explain a few things and how to do it. The thing here is that they are doing everything right and they are doing things that you wouldn't even consider doing. know of easy ways to do these things in scripted scenes... but a lot of that was not scripted."

That's some high praise.

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
It does look so, so good.

I don't even care if that Dina turns out to be evil, I still like the look of her :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The continuous caginess from Neil about Joel's role in the story has made me believe even more that he will die early in the story.

Top Bottom