• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Last of Us Part II Announced

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
579512885701771265.png

Please make it so.

Please give me more beautifully rendered lesbians/bisexuals together so I can live.

540711319872208896.png

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Has this been proven as false? The thread is now locked and apparently the 'time' for the announcement has passed?

Lex

Administrator
I'm really confused by that ResetEra thread. They were doing a countdown in minutes when the opening post clearly states Thursday May 30th?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I'm really confused by that ResetEra thread. They were doing a countdown in minutes when the opening post clearly states Thursday May 30th?
It's the countdown to the announcement of the state of play which allegedly will be on May 30th.

Lex

Administrator
Ah right so ResetEra have basically declared that it's fake because the State of Play wasn't formally announced by Sony, now that I've read through some of it.

I swear I'm not trying to be hopeful here (because I don't mind waiting a little longer for a new TLOU2 trailer) but why does Sony need to announce it? They could announce it tomorrow, or just shadowdrop it. Idk seems weird to just write it off. I saw that website was super mad they're getting flak lol.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Naughty Dog employees discuss crunch and working conditions at the studio.

Article said:
In an extensive report from COGconnected, over a dozen Naughty Dog employees have come forward to discuss working conditions at the studio and the number of hours they have to work. For those that don’t know, crunch is when overtime on a project is required to reach deadlines. Over the past few years, crunch and working conditions at video game studios have been put into question.

“During the last three to six months of a project [my hours] would slowly creep up towards 60 or 70 hours depending on how much was on fire,” said one source. “Some people would do way more than that, which I thought was unhealthy.”

“So my take on crunch at Naughty Dog: The truth is more gray than black and white,” explained another source. “There is no official mandate for crunch. There can be a significant amount of peer pressure, though. And that can include peer pressure from the people who are effectively your managers. Peer pressure comes from having a team of brilliant, talented, dedicated people working hard on a project together.”

Another source explains that Naughty Dog doesn’t have a specific management structure. While there are lead people in each department, they’re doing the same work as everyone else, despite running the department and having input in performance reviews. Additionally, the source mentions that the leads partake in the peer pressure sometimes.

While the hours can be grueling, another source points out that Naughty Dog takes care of its employees by offering catering, food trucks, and paid meals.

“The truth [is] they don’t tell you to work X amount of hours,” said another source. “But you have to get your work done. And the amount of work is just impossible for any person. It is just way too much. And if you don’t hit the goals you will be fired. So I guess you don’t have much of a choice.”

One developer mentions a time where they called Sony’s HR department about their hours and the HR rep said that the developer just had to get used to the way Naughty Dog does things.

“Many of us felt like we weren’t really part of the company,” another source said. “We worked our asses off only to be treated as if we don’t belong. It sucked. That coupled with the amount of OT/crunch we worked really wore us down. I lived at home during my time at [Naughty Dog] and I could go a week without seeing my parents.”

The developers on games such as Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us aren’t the only ones affected by the long hours. People that do quality assurance also face long hours in order to make deadlines.

According to one QA tester, the normal workweek goes from 10AM-10PM, but that can go up to midnight or 1 AM. Additionally, some people worked 24-hour shifts towards the final seven weeks of Uncharted 4‘s development, which lead to no life for the testers outside of work.

Another developer concludes with this statement on life after crunch/overtime:

“After crunch ended, it took some time for me to readjust to normal life but I was grateful for the experience, although unsure if I would ever want to go through another crunch.”

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
RUMOR: The Last of Us Part II Special Edition and Collector's Edition listings up on the website of Swiss store Softridge, releasing February 28th

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
If it's February, I hope it's a bit earlier than that. TLOU may not be super lengthy but please give me more than 3 or 4 days to complete it before Remake comes out Sony plz

billy22

Pro Adventurer
Amazon UK had it up on it's site for May 2020 for a short while before removing it. Take that for what you will.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I'm personally happy that TLOU Remastered is one of the PS Plus games for October. I played the original on PS3 and wasn't all that enamoured with it, so I've been meaning to revisit it to see if my opinion's changed.

On that note, as someone who isn't a huge fan of TLOU, the latest trailer for Part II didn't really do anything for me. Happy to see other people really excited about it though!

Top Bottom