• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Last of Us Part II Announced

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The Lat of Us 2 has one of the highest completion rate of any PS4 game, as of now, with a completion rate of 58.0%.

Compared to other PS4 games:
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake – 53.3%
  • God of War – 51.8%
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man – 50.7%
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy – 50.3%
  • Detroit: Become Human – 49%
  • Ghost of Tsushima – 38.2%
  • Horizon Zero Dawn – 34.5%
  • Days Gone – 34%
  • Death Stranding – 29.3%
  • Red Dead Redemption II – 28.6%

dz

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I imagine a number of factors help with that (in addition to overall game quality):
  • The spoilers may have put off people who weren't committed to completing it
  • People felt they needed to complete it in order to have an opinion of the whole game - it was quite polarising, which drove even those who didn't enjoy it to complete it
  • People were driven to complete it ASAP to avoid spoilers, and to be able to join in discussions without risking it being spoiled.
  • It was on-rails, and had different difficulty levels and accessibility options, so no real barriers to completion
I know I tried avoiding spoilers and was keen to complete it as soon as possible, come what may. I trusted Naughty Dog to deliver a good game, I was a big fan of the original, and I couldn't have formed a full opinion of its sequel without completing it. So I was determined to see it through, even if I wasn't enjoying it.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The Last of Us 2 related stuff to be announced on September 26th (My guesses are either next-upgrade or Multiplayer Factions reveal).

EiiOATsU8AA7s5G

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Empire Magazine has an interview with Neil Druckmann (there's also a two hour podcast, but I can't be bothered to listen to that.)

Interesting Tidbits

Owen is apparently 'the love of (Abby's) life,' which I didn't get from the game, I just figured he was her 'annoying but charming ex'

Also, there was a potential alternate ending where a relative of somebody she killed ambushes Ellie when she gets back to the farm, and then lets her walk away.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
About a week in 2021 and I think the numbers should set in stone by now.

As of this writing, The Last of Us Part II currently holds a total of 207 Game of The Year awards, taking the #1 spot by a big landslide.

2020 Top 5 GOTY games [#Rank - Game - GOTYs - Critic's Choice | Reader's Choice]
  1. The Last of Us Part II - 207 - 143 | 64
  2. Hades - 46 - 43 | 3
  3. Ghost of Tsushima - 35 - 27 | 8
  4. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 20 - 20 | 0
  5. Cyberpunk 2077 - 19 - 8 | 11
TLOU2 is overall the forth most GOTY winning game, surapassed only by Skyrim (227), The Last of Us (246), The Witcher 3 (259).

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The Last of Us Part II 2020 performance in the US market.
  • Ranked #3 best selling Sony published game in U.S history in dollar sales, trailing only 2018's Spider-Man and God of War.
  • Ranked #6 best selling game of the year in dollar sales (phisical and digital included).
  • Ranked #3 best selling game on the Playstation platform in dollar sales (phisical and digital included).

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The Last of Us: Part 3 Has a Plot, But It's Not Being Made... Yet

article said:
Naughty Dog has written a story outline for The Last of Us: Part 3, but isn't making the sequel right now. Creative director Neil Druckmann says he hopes it can "one day see the light of day."

Speaking on an episode of the Script Apart podcast about the writing of The Last of Us Part 2, Druckmann touched briefly on the possibility of a sequel:

"I don’t know how much I want to reveal... [co-writer Halley Gross] and I did write an outline for a story, that we're not making – but I hope one day can see the light of day – that explores a little bit what happens after this game. We’ll see.”

Druckmann says there's been "quite a bit" of discussion internally about a Part 3, but pointed out how much work is involved in making a game like this a reality: "These games take so much to make. [Part 2], I've been thinking about it for seven years, between when the last game came out and when this came out [...] You want to make sure you’re jazzed by the idea that you have, [that] it feels like it’s challenging.

"We’ve now had two games that I feel speak to something universal as well as telling a very personal story for these characters. With one game, there’s no pattern of what a franchise is. With two games, now there’s starting to be a pattern – now I feel like there are some structural and thematic themes you'd have to stick to if you're making a third game."

It seems that Naughty Dog is currently exploring what to do next. "After we finish one of our big titles," Druckmann explained, "we take a long time to explore different ideas, whether it’s going to be Last of Us III, whether it's something new, whether there's some old franchise we want to go back to. I like to fully explore all of those, then look at, like: okay, we have all of these ideas in front of us. As a studio, what do we want to commit to? Because it’s a huge commitment – monetary, time, passion, talent, so you think about all the opportunity costs that come with that."

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Ellie and Dinah can't really be part of more games without wrecking the themes of 2 and how they've walked away from all that. So JJ as lead?

Top Bottom