The Last of Us

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Ellen Page what are you doing in my video games.

edit: also i don't have a ps3 but i'm so starved for a good survival horror game that if this turns out to be a good title i just might buckle down and get one

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Colour me intrigued. The apocalyptic NY reminds me of Enslaved a bit, but with less crazily colour plant life.

And yeah Ellen Page indeed.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
You coulda took my posts from the MGS thread and put them here :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven story about a population decimated by a modern plague. Abandoned cities are being reclaimed by nature and the remaining survivors are killing each other for food, weapons and whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

Looks like horror may be getting the boot again :/

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Her name is even Ellie.

Subtle.

AvecAloes

Donator
The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven story about a population decimated by a modern plague. Abandoned cities are being reclaimed by nature and the remaining survivors are killing each other for food, weapons and whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

So...they're making a 28 Days/Weeks Later video game, eh?

This doesn't mean I'm not intrigued, I just had to giggle when I read the description/saw the trailer.

Ghost X

The genre may be over-used, but I'm yet to see a game in recent times I've been impressed with, therefore I think developers should keep trying =P.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well the fact that it's Naughty Dog tells me the game will be technologically impressive, characters will be memorable, and the writing will be as sharp as anything. Genre-defining might be a stretch, however.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Marketing is marketing. That's fine if they want to boost their image with pretty words, it's kinda what you have to do.

What I care about is that it looks fascinating, and I'm a sucker when it comes to broken down civilization, survival stories. And ND means it will probably be fun as hell. Want so much right now.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Sooooo

Its a bit 'The Road' and a bit '28 days later'. I have to say, when the 'zombies' first appeared there I was like 'yawn...more shitty fast zombies' but then I was pleasantly surprised at the fungusy head thing going on there (you all saw that video about the ants and the fungus yeah?)

I'm kind of hoping that the infected people will mutate and become more horrific looking because I am really bored of zombies. Also, it looked like that guy he killed wasn't infected, so I'm guessing there will be a lot of conflict with fellow survivors going around stealing and raping etc like they do (shits all over that 'human beings are at their best when things are at their worst' thing :lol:)

Interesting anyway, very interesting.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I was pleasantly surprised at the fungusy head thing going on there
121782sv0.jpg

Although those were more 'sea creature head things' than fungus.

To be honest, I was hoping for a new Siren when I heard 'Sony' and 'survival horror' :sadpanda:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
121782sv0.jpg

Although those were more 'sea creature head things' than fungus.

To be honest, I was hoping for a new Siren when I heard 'Sony' and 'survival horror' :sadpanda:

Ah yes Siren! I knew the head fungus rang a bell. I never completed Blood Curse. Either it was ridiculously hard or (more likely) I was ridiculously shit......Fuck....I just remembered
that fucking horrible head thing in the cupboard, just....what?! Like even after all the other horrific things happening that just seemed to be the worst

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I've not played Blood Curse yet, though if it follows on from 1 then it's going to be hard in some places because it's not like "you level up and get tougher" but "imma gonna give you this limited weapon/no weapon at all, have fun with these enemies you can't even kill forever and being insanely weak." But that's what's fun/interesting about it.

Now I wish I had Siren 2 and New Translation :sadpanda:

Top Bottom